Chapter #8

Chapter #8

A Chapter by Bryanna - QueenStephni

It took four and a half hours to get everything right and to look my absolute best. I walked into my lounge room and saw the boys wearing tuxedos and bow ties.

 

“ Wow. I heard that you and Cedric were going out but I didn’t believe until now!” Narcusiss stated looking at me with awe.

 

“ He’s right you look stupendous. I wish I could look great but I would have to settle for good.” Mikhal said circling me as if he was a shark.       

 

“ So, I’m going to the ball and I need to look good. You two look so bland why don’t you jazz up your outfits or something.” I said as I walked towards the kitchen. I was hungry but I knew that I wouldn’t eat.

 

At 7:29pm I was waiting for Cedric to knock on the door. The boys were sitting next to me watching TV. I wasn’t really paying much attention to what they were watching because it was almost time for the whole school to find out that I was Cedric’s newest girl friend. He had a new one for every formal occasion but I knew that we would go a long way together. A knock on the door told me that my time for glory had arrived. I was nervous and felt sick to my stomach but didn’t want to let him down. Narcusiss opened the door and let him in. I was surprised that he looked so normal but then again formal occasions were girlier than anything I had ever seen.

 

“ You look absolutely beautiful. I am the luckiest guy alive I think.” Cedric said the moment he laid eyes on me. I blushed. I wanted to leap into his arms and hug him until the end of time.

 

We walked towards the ballroom but we never actually made it there. We saw the smoke and orange tinge to the sky. We turned the corner and saw the ballroom in flames. I gasped. I didn’t think that anybody at this school would ever do something this wrong. We heard the distant wails of the fire engines but I knew they wouldn’t get here in time to save the ballroom. I also knew that the other buildings near by would catch soon. I would have given anything to have been able to let my magical energy flow and stop the fire from spreading but being this close to Cedric he would feel the extra energy and think that something was wrong with me. I just couldn’t risk it.

 

It took many hours for the firefighters to get the fire under control. We were all send back to our rooms. We didn’t know what would happen but we knew that we all would be interviewed and that the culprits would be punished.

 

Early morning and the school bell rang. Everybody knew that we were to meet in the quadrangle and sit in our roll classes. I was wearing nothing but my pajamas. We weren’t allowed to get dressed into proper clothing.

 

We sat in the cold quadrangle waiting for our principal to appear. I felt the sudden appearance of another angel. They were nearby and I knew that it wasn’t Adrienne. I was worried that I was about to let everybody here know what I was. I knew that the angel wasn’t good but a corrupt and evil one. It felt like Aidan. I waited to see if he would appear and demand something. He didn’t. Our principal appeared and was saying something about the fire and that the culprits were still not caught. I suddenly realized that it must have been Aidan. I sat there letting my magical energy flow around me and hoped that nobody noticed. Our principal had finished blabbing on and we were allowed to leave and go back to our dorms.

 

I quickly changed and went to see if I could follow Aidan’s evil scent. I was hoping to give him a taste of his own magic. He had hurt a friend and now if I could find him, I would punish him. I found his scent and saw our school principal and Aidan talking. Aidan’s wings were in sight and my principal wasn’t even shocked. I realized that this was why the boys weren’t allowed to move in with me for such a long time. Aidan had been watching me since I arrived and was controlling almost everything in my life. I bet that he wouldn’t like the fact that I was going out with the cutest and most popular guy in the whole school.

 

I tried to sneak closer to Aidan but he somehow guessed that I was around and abruptly disappeared.


© 2010 Bryanna - QueenStephni


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
Added on February 6, 2010
Last Updated on February 6, 2010