Deal With The Devil

Deal With The Devil

A Chapter by tanaya

I woke up to someone shaking me awake and saw it was the maid that has been giving me my meals for the past couple of days. I could only tell how many days it had been from the variety of foods they have been giving me. On around the fifth day when the maid came in to bring my lunch consisting of some soup and bread she unlocked my chains as usual but instead of waiting for me to finish eating to tie me back up, she left with only a scrap of paper on the tray.
Rubbing my tender wrists I eyed the paper suspiciously and decided to eat first before I looked at it. After that I was strait out that door. Threat or not threat. After forcing the food down I looked at the note again and picked up by the tip of it slowly bringing it to my nose to see if it smelled funky or something. After passing my inspection I opened the note and read:
Dear Melissa
I am so sorry for confining you, but it had to be done
I hope you can forgive me and look past this silly phase you are in and join me
You will be rewarded greatly and will be by my side.
It is foretold so please accept it.
If you do not I will regrettably have to take more severe actions.
Please meet me in the room you met me in before.
If you try to escape I will catch you and there will be worse punishments
You have been warned
Sincerely Lucifer
The letter left Goosebumps down my arms and shivers up my back. What did he mean when he said 'it is foretold'? Surly this was just bad luck? I decided that he was right and that if I did try to escape he would catch me. After all we were in his domain.Sighing I picked myself off the bed and looked down at my self. I was still wearing the same clothes I had worn days ago. I walked over to the drawers and grabbed a simple black tee and a of the shoulder red tee with black skinny's. Hey what could I say, Satan had taste.
After grabbing a towel and peeling of my sticky clothes that smelt of sweat and who knows what. I put the water on scolding hot and hoped in letting the water run over my tense muscles loosing them up and getting out all the knots in them. I found a nice smelling shampoo and lathered my hair in that, getting rid of my oily hair and making it nice and silky I washed myself and jumped out. Quickly getting dressed I ran out of the bedroom to see Lucifer sitting on my bed with the chains that previously held me there gone.
Startled I froze then slowly walked towards him. After being chained to the wall for five days my whole view on him had changed. Actually after being kidnapped my whole view on life had changed. Lucifer was still intrigued with the bedspread as I walked to him and he only looked up once I was in front of him. I looked at him and saw that he had changed somewhat since the last time I saw him. He had bags under his eyes and was a pale sickly colour. I felt a twinge of pity at his state but brushed it aside as quick as it came thinking that I was here because of him. I waited for him to talk but he was as silent as ever looking at me. I saw a full length mirror at the other side of the room.
Looking at myself I was shocked. I had changed in more ways then one. My jet black hair was longer now and dripping making my pale face look haunted and gaunt. My usually fiery green eyes were now empty and dull making my face look even more dead. My figure had remained the same. Admittedly I did have curves and I was fit but I rarely showed them. My whole person had changed and not being able to handle the change I turned away and looked back at Lucifer.
He was studying my like I was a difficult puzzle with a missing piece. I stared at him now with no fear, for I had given up all hope in returning to my family. I had already tried to escape and look where that landed me. So I just stared at him emotionlessly and stayed still. This went on for at least 10 minutes and was only broken when he cleared his voice and I jumped a little, startled, I walked backwards a bit as he stood up and walked closer. I knew not to even try to run away because this was his domain, it was lucifers domain, my captors domain , it was my prison, it was truly hell.
Standing so close that I could feel his breath on the top of my head, rustling my hair. I turned my head to the side as to not look at him but he grabbed hold of my chin and tilted my head up so I was looking right into his eyes. My heart was racing a hundred miles an hour an my breathing came out faster and shallower. He just looked at me confused.
"why are you so scared of me?" he seemed sincerely interested but I was frozen to the spot. He just sighed and let my head drop. With my face as red as a beetroot I let my long hair cover my face acting as a shield. I mumbled quietly.
"you ask me why I am scared of you when you chained me up like a prisoner?" he just chuckled at this and confused at his actions I looked up and saw him looking at me and smiling when he caught my gaze. I was scared for his response, thinking he would be angry at me, instead he just said
"Melissa you were and are a prisoner" his face darkened at that and in a blink of an eye he was right in my face. Shocked I took a deep breath and stumbled back a step.
"trust me dear Melissa, the only reason you have the conditions you do know is because I have been warned that you are the one, the one who will supposedly get me the freedom I want, the power I want. You are told to be great by my side, as was your former self" I was confused at his words and was about to say something when he interrupted again
"oh and don’t forget that that you are to be married to me and it will be done so in 1 month so be prepared" I was gobsmacked at this and had no idea what to say besides
"your kidding me right?" I had no ideawhy this was happening to me.I watched him as my anger grew to the size of a mountain and then I just snapped.
"your have got to be joking. First of all you drag me here against my will and say I have to marry you, you the devil and that I have some mysterious past here that I have no idea about then when I try to escape from HELL you capture me again and chain me up like a freaking prisoner and say that I am 'the one' when I don’t even know what that means and I defiantly don’t want help you in the slightest bit and lets not forget the fact that I was supposed to be only staying here for ' a dayor more' but how long have I been here for? A week. You said you have wiped me from the mortal world? Well I had family and friends that I miss andwould rather be with them then with you in your so called domain" exhausted with my rage I blew out a big breath and looked at him, my checks aflame with anger, I stared him down and waited for him to speak, the adrenalin slowly fading out of my system.
As the side affects of my anger slowly faded my fear settled in again. I saw that Lucifer's face was as angry as mine probably earlier, maybe a bit worse.
"you dare to yell at me. At the king of hell. I could have you obliterated in a second. And my will shall be done I will not take defiance from any kind from you of all people. It is your fault that you are in this situation for it is your soul that has made me come to you, if you had not killed your stalker then I would not have found you until you died maybe not even then, the none of this would of happened so you should just shut your mouth before it gets you in more trouble then it is already in and do not disobey me" fuming he finished sending me a glare and walked out of the room.
I sat on the bed shocked and thinking about everything that he had said. 'What did he mean when he said I was 'the one' and was I truly in better circumstances then I though, I mean I was getting fed daily and I had not gone through any torture such as yet so maybe I was being unreasonable but still he had made me a prisoner in hell and I am sure it was not my time to go' mulling this over I leaned back on the bed and stared vacantly at the ceiling.
Deciding I had had enough of this I sat up and walked to the door testing if it was locked or not. It wasn’t. In an instance I had bound out of the door thinking I would go look for a library. I have loved books since I was 7 and had picked up my first novel; The Secret Garden. Since that time I have been a big reader. Walking down the corridor I pressed my ears to the doors first to make sure no one was in there and thatI wouldn’t interrupt them.
I had gone past exactly 7 doors so far and had only found 2 game rooms, 3 bedrooms, 1 indoor pool and something that looked a bit like a study. As I opened the next door I heard footsteps behind me and quickly dashed into the room I was in closing the door behind me. Realising to late that there was no lock on the door I just leaned against the door and pressed my ear against it waiting for the person to go away. When I was sure that there was no person on the other side of the door I let out a relieved sigh and turned around looking at my surroundings. I was in another room which was not surprising. The room had a midnight blue theme to the midnight blue walls and ceiling to the four poster bed and bedside table. Of to the right there was a door that I suspected lead to a closet and next to it was another door that was open and was letting light stream out. There was also steam coming out and I let out a gasp as I realised I had obviously stumbled into a guys room, who was taking a shower at the moment. Turning around to open the door and bolt out I heard the shower turn of and felt someone behind me before I heard there voice.
"you know its rude not to knock" he's voice was deep and husky. I turned around alarmed and quickly turned back around to cover my eyes as I realised he was only wearing a low hanging towel. It wasn’t like he was ugly or anything. He had hard abs, a four pack at the lest, most likely a six pack. With the water drops running down his abs made a drool worthy site and I didn’t help at all with the quick glance I had at his face that showed at angular face with the same colour eyes as his room. I was blushing by this time and mumbled
"I'm so sorry I didn’t realise this was your room I thought no one was in here then I heard someone coming and I came in here sorry" I had said all this very fast and was surprised when I heard him chuckle and say
"its alright you just startled me and you can look now" not completely trusting him I turned around but with my eyes still covered and peeked through my fingers ready to put them over my eyes again in case he was lying but he wasn’t.
He was wearing black skinnies with a white graphic tee that was slightly tight to show of his abbs. He seemed nice enough, seeing as I had burst in his room while he was showering. Another look at his face showed that he had kindness in his eyes and did not seem to mean. Though looks could be deceiving. He also had on black and white converses. I nodded to him and turned to the door and called over my shoulder
"sorry again I was just looking for the library" I smiled and went to walk out when his voice interrupted my crazy, embarrassed thoughts.
"the library is down the hall 10th door on the right" I turned my head and nodded again at him and smiled my thanks. Wanting to get out of there as fast as I could. I had walked as quick as I could down the corridor but before long I felt a hand on my arm stopping me from going any faster.
"wait I don’t even know your name" he said to me I smiled and said
"nor do I know your" I smiled at him again and thought to myself 'wow I'm smiling a lot around him I nearly laughed at his dumbfound expression. It was to cute.
"well I guess your right there well I'm Nathan and you?"
"Melissa, know if you don’t mind I really would like to get to the library" after this statement I twisted my hand out of his grasp and walked away from Nathan smiling. Maybe I had made one kind of friend here. Even though we had not met in the best circumstances.
I had found the library in peace and grinned as I smelt the familiar sent of old musty books that had always kept my mind at peace in the worst times. Roaming through the bookshelves I surprisingly found nobody (or soul) in the library. In my browse I had found one of my favourite books, Pride and Prejudice. It was one of my favourite love story's. finding myself a corner in the library I sat myself down and prepared myself for what I had hoped would be a long read.


© 2011 tanaya


Author's Note

tanaya
Please let me know what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very good discussion in the chapter. Still a lot of mystery to be found out by the girl. She is accepting the rules and reading some books. I like the storyline and the pace of the story is very good. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 5, 2011
Last Updated on September 5, 2011


Author

tanaya
tanaya

Wyoming, NSW, Australia



About
Hi! My name is Tanaya Smith :) Pleased to meet your acquaintance :) I am 16 in year 11. I live in Australia. My natural hair colour is blonde but there were to many sterotypes along .. more..

Writing
Mummy! Daddy! Mummy! Daddy!

A Poem by tanaya


Flick Flick

A Poem by tanaya