Deal With The Devil Chapter 11

Deal With The Devil Chapter 11

A Chapter by tanaya

 

No! William could not get in trouble because of me. I wouldn’t allow it. Running as fast as my legs would take me I ran to the side of the middle of the fight and pulled on Lucifers arm yelling

"What are you doing?" frantically. He looked at me confused and I was outraged. How can he be so calm about this? He did find out didn’t he? He looked at me as if I had three horns on my head

"Melissa we are simply training" I was shocked. Training? That was all? He didn’t know? Thanks god. I blushed and nervously laughed

"Oh, is that all" his eyes narrowed at that and zoned in on me.

"Why were you so concerned about this Melissa?" his voice leaked anger as he looked at me. I winced and mumbled out some excuse

"I-I thought you were fighting to kill" well it was half the truth. He laughed at that and his face relaxed. I looked over to William and saw relief flood his face. Damn that was a close one.

"Melissa I was merely testing to see if William was a good enough fighter to train you, he passed the test" my face turned even redder at my silliness and nodded shyly.

 

I looked at William and he had a small smile on his face before it was placed with a distant coldness as Lucifer looked at him

"Sir I promise you that I will train her to the best of my ability, she already has a fair amount of martial skills so we will be concentrating on her endurance, sword skills and her strength. Also I will train her in using her connection with her Bubaline dog" Lucifer laughed at him and said

"Don’t be so uptight William, I trust you" I saw the slight tinge of regret in William's eyes at his words and wondered if he was regretting it already. No, not after last night. Satan nodded to me and William

"I shall take my leave now, make sure you concentrate on her Bubaline dog. I want her to know everything about them" He nodded and I thought 'Bubaline dog? I will get it out of William later.

 

Lucifer took his leave and as soon as he was out of sight William took three long strides towards me and scooped me in his arms, nuzzling his head into my neck

"that was a close one" he muttered. I sighed and nodded.

"what are Bubaline dogs?" I asked, my curiosity getting to me. He laughed to me and sat me down on the ground. I crossed my legs and he did the same in front of me. He started to explain it all to me.

"Bubaline dogs are a very strong type of demon dog that can only die either when there master dies or when their job of protecting them is done. The Bubaline's  are a race that can be found in all seven kingdoms. There is always one big pack that is the master pack of that kingdom, only once in history has a smaller pack overpowered the 'alpha' pack" he took a deep breath and I took all this in.  I knew there were 7 kingdoms but it still was a shock to here that these dogs where in all of them.

 

He looked at me with concern, asking with his eyes if I was ready for more. I nodded and he continued.

"the pack of the first kingdom, which is the one you’re in now, is always the strongest and the leader is usually always by Lucifers side. But in this case it is different. Your Bubaline dog is the leader of the strongest pack in hell and instead of being by his side it is by yours. The way they choose their masters none of us know. The best scholars in hell have puzzled over this mystery for centuries. We only know that once a Bubaline dog has chosen you it will protect you with its life." He stopped again to let all of this sink into my mind.

 

So I had one of the strongest Bubaline dogs in hell at my side. Well that was good to know. But why would Hercules be my dog? I was a human who was kidnapped by the Devil. Nothing special. But still, he had chosen me. I was going to do my best in working with him. I nodded my head towards William to gesture that he could continue. He gauged my reaction and must have through that I was read for more information.

 

"the Bubaline dogs also gives a strong status in hell, as the Bubaline dog will only pair with someone who is as strong as them. These dogs care for themselves and do not need much attention as they have got instincts to protect themselves and more importantly you. They will more likely try to kill your attacker before they jump in front of you, these dogs are smart so they know that your attacker will most likely kill you still when he/she is gone. Bubaline dogs have gone into war and battles with demons since Lucifer fell from Heaven. In battle they are formidable because they are so strong and devoted to their masters. If a master or dog dies the other will feel the effects of the others death and would effectively feel as if a bit of their soul has been taken out. Once you form a bond with your Bubaline dog they become a part of you, there soul melds into yours" He stopped again and I thought about it some more. 'So Hercules would be able to feel when I am in danger or distressed. This could be very good for me' I nodded to him again letting him know I was ready for more, he smiled at that and continued.

 

"No-one knows why Hercules has become your Bubaline dog as there has never been a case like yours. It has never happened before. Not in the whole history of hell. We think it may mean that you and Hercules are something more, something special" I shuddered at the thought. Wasn’t it bad enough that the Devil wants to marry me, now I have some special connection with a demon dog. I mean it did sound like there was some great things in store for me from this but wasn’t Lucifer supposed to have my Hercules? I didn’t want any more trouble than I already had. Sighing I glanced back up at William and saw him looking at me intently, I mentally shuddered at his deep gaze.

 

Looking elsewhere I asked in a small voice

"is there anything else?" This was all freaking me out and starting to get to me, not to mention that I wanted to throw myself at him and hug the life out of him. He gave me one of his small smiles and shook his head

"that is all for now, so come over here. I have reached out my senses and no-one else is in the vicinity, give me a hug" I chuckled quietly and moved over to him, wrapping my arms around his chest I nuzzled my face into his chest. He chuckled and rubbed my back, kissing my forhead.

 

"So what now?" I asked. As if reading my mind he sighed

"Well now we be extra careful, but it will be all worth it" I smiled at that. He thought it would be worth it? I had no idea why he thought that I was worth all of it. I didn’t mind but I was still shocked that he had even taken a second look at me. I had a thought in my head that just wouldn’t go away, so I voiced it

"William, what did you mean when you said you ' reached out your senses'?" he sighed and I felt his warm breath on my head.

"well as I'm sure you know I am a fallen angel that was banded with Lucifer, so I was an angel but have become part demon just like him and all my other brothers. We have stronger senses, like super strong senses and am much stronger than an average demon" I puzzled over that, I knew he was a demon but I didn’t know that he had once been an angel.

"what had made you fall from heaven with Lucifer? And who else is there?" I looked up at him and saw that he had a sad look on his face. Not wanting to see that look on his face I reached up and pecked him on the lips.

 

The small peck quickly turned into a full blown make-out session and before I knew it I was gasping for air. He smiled widely at me a chuckled

"well that’s one way to get me happy" I blushed at this, ducking my head into his chest. I felt his laugh rumble in his chest.

"now before I was distracted I was going to say that the reason why I had decided to fall in heaven with Lucifer was because of well, pride. I am sure you have heard the story many a time in your human world and it is not much different here at all. But I will never regret my decision, I did what I believe in" I was shocked at this new revelation. He didn’t even have one ounce of regret? I mean it was hell, not exactly the most welcoming place.

 

"There is the seven kingdoms and seven rulers. The ruler of the first kingdom is Lucifer and we are in the first kingdom now, then there is the second kingdom that holds all demons and is ruled over by Nathan. Nathan has spent so much time with demons that his moods change increasingly from normal Nathan to part demon Nathan so I would be careful around him. Then there is the third kingdom that is ruled by Anthony and holds all demon beasts, Anthony also controls hells army and try to avoid him as much as possible as he is the most brutal of us all. After him is the fourth kingdom ruled by Jake who controls all the lost souls-souls that have lost their purpose and minds- he is the wisest of the seven of us and helps Anthony with strategizing, in the fifth kingdom there are the evil souls that have done horrible things and have rejected heaven completely and with Harry as their king I wouldn’t be surprised because he is just as bad as them at times. In the sixth kingdom I rule  and all the rejected souls come there, just souls that don’t really belong anywhere else" he took a deep breath and I thought 'wasn’t there 7 kingdoms?' as if reading my mind he continued

 

"there is the seventh kingdom which is ruled by no-one because it is basically a waste land with nothing there. No demons go near it for some reason and it has stayed uninhabited since hell begun." he stopped and I took all of the information in again. So there was 6 kings but 7 lands with just a waste land as the 7th. It seems that there was a lot of evil in here to, well what did I expect it was hell. I closed my eyes and breathed in and out through my nose, trying to control my reeling mind. I opened my eyes to see William watching me again.

"stop it" I snapped at him. An amused look crossed his voice as he said quizzically

"stop what?" with laughter in his voice I groaned and leaned back to lay on the grass. Mumbling I said

"stop looking at me with such an intense gaze" he laughed at that

"well I’m sorry I didn’t realise I was doing it" I scrunched up my eyes, crinkling my nose. Opening one eye to peek at him I saw him looking again and quickly shut it again. he chuckled again and I was starting to get annoyed with his constant chuckling.

 

We stayed like that for a few more minutes till I felt him move from his position and swiftly stand up. I opened my eyes and saw him with a panicked expression on his beautiful face. Worried that we might have been caught or something like that I rushed to my feet and stumbled, putting my hand to my forehead because I had stood up to fast. I looked at him and asked with my eyes 'what is it' he just took his fighting stance and motioned for me to do the same and for me to pick up my sword which was by the ground in its sheath. I hesitated wondering what he was on about but did it anyway.

 

Not even two minutes later Lucifer came up to us. We stopped immediately and William gave him a sweeping bow while I just stood there with one hand on my hip. I wasn’t about to give him any sign of respect or submission. He frowned at me but nodded to William to rise. I rolled my eyes at that and looked into the air trying as hard as I could to slow my heartbeat down, I didn’t want Lucifer thinking anything was suspicious.

 

Lucifer cleared his throat and I felt his gaze on me but still gazed into the air beside me. He cleared his throat more pointedly this time and I rolled my eyes, finally facing him a spat out

" if you want I could get you a cough lolly" he just glared at me with that and I glared back

"no thankyou I would just wanted to ask if I could talk to you" he sneered at me

"well you’re not going to let me say no so get on with it" using my bitchiest tone. I really wasn’t in the mood for Lucifer's crap right now, seeing as he was the reason I couldn’t be with William freely, oh and the fact that he was a king of hell. Lucifer glared at me harder and I nearly flinched but held it back

"privately" he hissed out. I just rolled my eyes again and followed him as he turned on his heels, sending a smile to an amused William.

 

Lucifer took me a little way away from William and the courtyard to a type of barren forest. Truthfully I was scared to be out here on my own with him, no-one to help me if I scream though I doubt anyone but William would help me. When we stopped I put a hand on my hip and glared pointedly at him to get a move on. Sighing irritable he glared at me again and I just smirked at him.

"well what did you want?" I asked, impatience leaking through my voice. He rolled his eyes this time and started

"I just wanted to ask if you would be interested in having dinner with me tonight" he said with his 'I’ve got a stick up my a*s' attitude. I rolled my eyes and thought worriedly, this could be one of his attempts to 'woo' me, now that was truly terrifying.

 

Weighing my options I realised he would probably make me any way so I just nodded and waited for him to hopefully lead me out of here. He just stood there until I finally cracked and said

"well is that it" he just nodded his head and walked past me towards the way that we came. Grumbling in annoyance I followed him back out.

 

Great, I thought. I have a weird Devil on my case that wants me to marry me while trying to go out with William who is also like the devil, meanwhile I still need to find a way to escape. But did I really want to anymore? With William I was so much more confused, if that was possible. But I didn’t belong here. I wasn’t a demon thing, I just liked one. I wouldn’t say I was in love because that was just stupid to say, how could anyone love someone in such a short amount of time. The feelings of liking him came on me so quickly at that!

 

Sighing in frustration I looked towards where Lucifer was to see if we were nearly out of these woods. To my utter surprise and fright, Lucifer wasn’t there anymore. It seemed as if these woods went on forever to. I called out for Lucifer or William but was met with silence. Wandering around for a while, trying to get out of here I started to panic. What if I was stuck here? I had no idea what was in here.

 

The panic had started to take over and I remembered I still had my sword attached to my waist by the sheath. At least I had some type of protection in here. I heard rustling behind me and quickly taking the sword out of the sheath I pointed it towards where the sound was coming from. To my surprise it was just a rabbit. 'Great, in hell and scared by a rabbit. Great one to put in the books' shaking myself I turned around a looked up, trying to see if I could get any indication on where I was and how to get out.

 

Nothing, it was all the same red sky, just a bit darker. I decided it was time to find somewhere to rest for the night. If I couldn’t get out tonight I might as well find a place to stay. I didn’t want to stay out here walking the whole night. How could he have just left me here? Oh right, he was the devil.

 

Finally I stoped at a decent looking tree that I could rest hopefully safely during the night. Sitting down I leaned against the base of it and let my eyes droop. Before I knew it I had sunken into the world of dreams.

 



© 2011 tanaya


Author's Note

tanaya
Please comment! I did this one really quick!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A lot of hard decision for the young woman. I like the detail description and the thoughts of the girl. You have create a interesting situation. To escape a Devil won't be easy. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 15, 2011
Last Updated on November 15, 2011


Author

tanaya
tanaya

Wyoming, NSW, Australia



About
Hi! My name is Tanaya Smith :) Pleased to meet your acquaintance :) I am 16 in year 11. I live in Australia. My natural hair colour is blonde but there were to many sterotypes along .. more..

Writing
Mummy! Daddy! Mummy! Daddy!

A Poem by tanaya


Flick Flick

A Poem by tanaya