Deal With The Devil

Deal With The Devil

A Chapter by tanaya

 

 

Waking up bright and early I walked to the cupboard and got ready for the day. Throwing on a pair of faded jeans and a black tee I found some shoes in the bottom of the cupboard. Thinking about what I would do for the day I decided I would explore a bit more. I had only seen one floor of the place and the outside courtyard-thing-majingy and that was about it. I was sure there was way more because from the outside it looked like it had at least four levels. So with that on my mind I went out to explore.

 

Walking through the hall I reached the end and looked for any type of staircase of anything that would take me to another part of the house. Finding a staircase on the right that went up and down I decided to follow it up as last time I went down it wasn’t the best experience of my life. I shuddered remembering the mirror and what I had seen.

 

The staircase seemed to go on forever as I climbed and when I was prepared to give up I finally give up I reached a landing. The hallway here looked normal enough just a long passage with about 6 or 7 doors. Going to the first door I shyly knocked hoping no one was in there. Putting my ear to the door I heard rustling about and jumped back quickly just as someone walked out.

 

Opening the door was something I wish I had never seen. It wasn’t even human. It had the torso of a human but the rest of its body was the back legs of a horse. Though its torso was like a humans its face was not. Its face was an ugly colour of red and brown and was distorted in an un-natural way that was harmful to the eyes. To top it all off he had two slightly bent horns on top of his head. With a gasp I looked down and thought that this must be one of the demons here. Backing of I mumbled and apology and fled down the hall.

Once I had reached the end I looked back and saw that he had gone into his room again. Taking a deep breath I thought it over. Well I want going to knock and more. If there was someone in there I would just leave it! Turning around I opened the closest room to me and peered in, cautiously looking to see if anyone was there. Luckily there wasn’t.

This room was just made up of strange equipment that slightly resembled the stuff that I used back in earth for gym equipment. Closing that door I moved on and opened the next door, still being cautious. This room was empty as well and was another study room. There was many more plain ones like these, just activity rooms, study places, libraries or just bedrooms. I had gotten to the door opposite the first one that I had looked in and opened the door to see if anyone was in there, there wasn’t.

Peering in I saw that it was just another room except for the fact that it had a huge round table in the middle. Almost like the round table in the movies that I had seen of Arthur’s round table. Walking into the room I saw that there were small windows up above and I could see the red sky from here and some mountains and buildings that looked like nothing I had ever seen before.

 

Tearing my gaze away from the view I took another glance around the room and saw another door on the other side. Letting my curiosity get the better of me I went to the door and opened it slowly in case there was anything else here, you never know it is hell. Sighing happily when there was again nothing there I walked in as it had enough room for me to walk in but not enough room for a lot of people to be in here. Just as I was about to walk in further I heard more voices and panicked.

 

Shutting the door behind me I drew back into the small room. Taking slow breaths as to calm my breathing and not be too loud I slowly walked towards the door and leant my head against it so I could hear what was happening.

There were muffled voices and the scrape of chairs against the floor before it all went quiet. Creaking the door open a tiny bit so I could hear better but could not be seen. Unfortunately this also meant that I could not see anyone either. But I was just fine with listening.

Getting into a more comfortable position on my knees so I wouldn’t get a cramp I leaned my ear against the door just as they started talking.

" as you all know we are here today to discuss the important matter of what we are to do with the girl, she has not been a problem of such but number 7 tells us that she went very well in her first fighting lesson, also number 2 tells us she controlled 'Hercules' to defend herself when he was hungry. Not to mention what she saw in the mirror of truth! We have to make sure she does not become a threat to us! Prophecy or not, eadens mark or not, she will NOT become a servant of the guy upstairs, nor will she become a ruler to any other land in hell but mine!"

I noticed that this voice belonged to Lucifer and how he put the most sarcasm in when he named the dog Hercules, I also recognised how he got more and more angry towards the end.

 

I had a sneaking suspicion that the 'girl' was me as most of the stuff he said applied to me. So that dream was true, about the eadens mark and the prophecy I was kind of hoping it wasn’t as I really didn’t need that kind of crap. And rule the land with him?! As if! I listened carefully hoping they would elaborate a bit more on everything, and they did say more.

 

"master we understand but all is well. Her parents have already agreed to let us keep her for as long as we like. Even if it is forever. Well it’s not like they had a choice really" he ended with a chuckle at the end and I had found a new hatred to this unknown person. How could he say that about my parents! Surely they would not winningly leave me here. Though they were pretty distant and ignoring me before I took that fateful that ended 2 life's that night. Mine and… John's even though he deserved a punishment no one deserves death.

 

Another deep voice spoke up as well saying

"you have nothing to worry master, just woo the girl and you can control everything, including the eadens mark that has taken hold of her family for generations. You get to the girl and you get to that annoying group. No prophecy can get in the devils way" the mysterious man put emphasis on the devil and I shuddered at the thought of him trying to 'woo me', I would have to be extra careful now and avoid him at all cost.

 

"master her control of the dogs is just another thing that comes with that stupid mark so there is no reason to fret all is explainable sire" this time it was a females voice that spoke, the voice being more high-pitched than the others. I heard footsteps on the other side of the door and I would bet my whole life savings that it was Lucifer. Of course it was his voice that spoke next and was much closer this time. Unconsciously I drew back to stay away from him more.

 

"yes, yes it is but can you really explain what she saw in the mirror of truth? Is that just another trait from that annoying group? I highly doubt it!" his voice was much more aggravated this time and I was extremely glad that I was not on the other end of that comment or the glare that probably came along with it.

 

The voice was the one that had first spoke and this time they had a slight stutter in there voice.

"s-sire, surely what she saw couldn't have been t-too bad" he sounded extremely and in a way I was glad because obviously this guy wasn’t nice. I heard a deep chuckle that sounded like it came from Lucifer

"not too bad? She saw herself as the queen. The bloody queen! It means it is all true! She has to wed someone and become ultimate ruler and it will be a bad day in heaven before I let anyone steal my spot as the first king and ultimate ruler of hell!" he sounded even more angry but I heard him taking deep breaths before he started again

"she said she saw a man, the rightful king. But he was faceless, so she said. If she was telling the truth then it means that the prophecy is not complete. She nor the fates have chosen someone for her to marry yet. There is still time" he finished in a more determined way and id do anything to see his facial expressions and just see who the other people were!

 

One person let out a large breath and sighed saying to Lucifer

"master what are we to do about your brother? He has already breached the grounds. You know how he is in league with that 'group' he could become dangerous to us!" this person was someone different for their voice was defiantly males but was much deeper than the other voices, almost raspy in a way.

"you know that I will get him before he can become anything as close as dangerous, he only got in that night because we were quit 'distracted' that night" he put emphasis on the distracted and my curiosity arose at that as I wondered what he could would have been doing, most likely I wouldn’t want to know.

"master he is a part of that group and I think it very unwise to underestimate him. It could be dangerous to your position" the raspy man said, almost as if he were ordering him to do so.

 

I was half expecting the reaction that came from him next.

"do you not know your place? You may give me advice but you may not and will not tell me to do anything, do you get that" he growled out. I was afraid of him and I was sure that the raspy man was petrified and it came out in his voice to

"yes master" it was almost a squeak when he said it. Wow, Lucifer was getting really angry tonight. Wonder what's up his a*s.

 

There were just mutterings now so I couldn’t hear anything they were saying. I had still not figured it out but from when they had been sitting down and the people that had talked I gathered that there was at the most 6. waiting to see if anyone else would say anything. Unfortunately the only other thing said was when Lucifer said

"okay people this meeting is over, you may all leave now" with that said there was another lot of scraping chairs and muttered goodbyes, though no names mentioned. Damn it!

 

I waited 10 more minutes before I was sure that they were all gone, you could never be too careful. Opening the door more I winced as it made a slight creaking sound and slipped out of the room, on high alert for anyone who could have seen me. To my luck I went by unnoticed. Which was unusual as my luck was always crappy, but hey maybe my luck could be turning around.

 

Turning around I cursed myself for speaking to soon and threw a small grin towards Lucifer behind me. I tried to slip pass him but he grabbed onto my arm and said to me in a controlled voice

"and where do you think you are going missy?" I just glanced up at him and mumbled

"exploring" his forehead creased in thought and I used this as a chance to get my arm out of his grip for he was starting to hurt my arm. Just as I was about to get it out of his arm he snapped out of his trance and looked at me confused. I just pointed to my arm and he quickly released it. Rubbing my arm on the red marks I stared up at him and hoped he wasn’t thinking about 'wooing' me.

 

He just grinned at me and grabbed my arm but lighter this time and said

"no you are following me today" I shook my head and tried to back away thinking of a plan to get away. Damn it, nothing. How in the world was I supposed to get away from the Devil? I just groaned and looked back at the ground giving it a death stare as if it was the floors fault that I was in this situation.

 

 

He took that as approval and started pulling me to the stairs that I had originally used to get here. I hope there wasn’t too many stairs. My knees were kind of sore from kneeling on them for so long. But luck was with me today thank god. Could I say god down here? Or was it some type of taboo? Who knows. Anyway my rescue had come in the form of William today. I looked at him as he came down the stairs with my full pout mode on, begging with the eyes and everything. Apparently it worked. He just grinned at me and walked straight towards me.

 

Lucifer saw him to and stopped momentarily in our path while William came to my rescue. He bowed to him first which I was surprised at but not really, I mean I guess he was the devil and that would be a big thing in hell.

"Master I was just looking for you to ask you if I could take Melissa out to the courtyards to train with the dogs. Would it be alright if I took her of your hands for a while?" he asked and a pleasantly polite voice. Was he always this polite? It appears so.

 

I looked up at Lucifer trying not to show how much I wanted this so I might have a small chance of getting away. He seemed to consider this than with a nod he let go of my arm

"I guess but next time I will have you Melissa" he  said with a threatening tone. I gulped and nodded, walking to Williams side I turned around to see Lucifers back turn into the door that I had seen as a library. I looked up at him and mouthed a thanks. He just nodded and gestured my to follow him. I did.

 

We were heading out towards the courtyards as he said. Once we reached there he turned around to face me and stood in a casual stance with his legs shoulder width apart and his arms behind his back. I just stood there waiting for him to tell me what to do. He took one hand from behind his back and let out a loud whistle. Just as he finished the whistle a huge dog bounded towards him and stopped at his side. The wolf like dog was a murky grey colour with these forest green eyes. Don’t ask how I knew the colour of its eyes I just did, as I knew they matched William's green ones perfectly.

 

I was just standing there hoping that this huge wouldn't rip my head off. William was just standing there petting the dog and when he looked up to me he had amusement in his eyes clearly. I growled and decided to take a seat on the ground and wait for William to be finished with his monster dog.

 

He stood up but was still petting his dog. Damn I thought it would go. Apparently not. Annoyed at the stupid dog I pointedly looked at William as if to say 'is that it?', he got the message. He walked up to me and thankfully the beast stayed behind. Standing in front of me he started to explain what was going to happen and what that monstrous dog was doing here.

 

"That dog is called a guard dog. There is only a select few of these who actually have the power to be a proper guard dog, the others get sold as pets for rich or powerful souls or high demons and such that want one. The ones that have the power to be a guard come to my kingdom and get trained to be a guard dog. If the dog then gets through the training they get sent back here to guard important people. Sometimes a dog has a peculiar owner. An owner that it is meant for, and will protect much better than one without as they have a special connection with their masters that let them tune in and find out when they need help, which in turn makes them much more dangerous to your enemy." he took a small breath and started up again.

"it seems that a guard dog has attached itself to you. We don’t know why as you are human and these dogs were made to guard the people of hell." he looked in thought at that and I wondered what dog could have bonded to me. I had a sneaking suspicion though.

 

"so we have decided that because of this you will need to learn how to control the dog and learn how to become one with your dog. In a fight that would be a huge advantage" he looked at me pointedly as he finished and I just stood there in thought. 'What dog was it?' 'Why in the world would it want to bond with me?' 'we had decided? Who was we?' 'what do I do??' I snapped out of my trance asking

"what do I have to do?" might as well get it over with. Since this dog had apparently 'bonded' with me it just might not hurt me. If it was the dog I was thinking of then I knew it wouldn’t.

 

He gave me one of his small smiles and instructed me to whistle like you would a dog. At that I blushed and looked down mumbling

"I cant whistle" I heard a small chuckle that let me know he heard and if possible my face heated up even more. I looked up and saw his mouth in a smirk. I growled at him and looked back down muttering about 'stupid, annoying, adorable, jerk faces. He laughed out loud at that and I glanced up again to see him on his knees.

"it wasn’t that funny" he just cracked up at that and said

"yes-it-was" he got out through breathes. I sat down and looked at my hands in my lap, thinking up ways to stop him speaking permanently . That would wipe the smile of his face.

 

 A shadow above me interrupted my violent thoughts. It was William, of course. He put his hand down to help me up and I had a flashback from when the devil helped me up. A shiver ran up my spine. I rejected his hand and got up myself, wiping my hands on my but along the way. He smiled at me

"aw come on don’t be mad at me please" he pouted. I just growled again and stood with my hip to the side and my arms folded.

 

Chuckling he told me

"just call your guards name and he will come" I looked at him perplexed and said

"I don’t know the damn dogs name!" he raised his eyebrow and came up to me, whispering in my ear

" I think you do know his name. Think back to the first day you met me. Think of the one who protected you. The one who you named" I now knew what he meant. I took a breath and called out his name.

"Hercules" I half expected him not to come but in no time the dog that I had met came bounding towards me, stopping just in front of me.

 

I did have a strange connection with this dog. I felt like I would feel towards a guard who has known me my whole life and one that I had grown to love. Kneeling I petted Hercules and sank my hands in his thick fur. Looking up I saw William looking at me with pride so I gave him a questioning look. He just smiled at me.

"it is time for you to learn how to fight with your dog and become one with it" I thought about all I had heard today and  decided that I would make sure I could fight. I would make sure that the devil would never get me.

 

I stood up with a new and determined view nodding I held onto Hercules fur and said

"I'm ready" I was almost ready to fight the world. I was almost ready to fight the Devil



© 2011 tanaya


Author's Note

tanaya
If you are reading this please leave a review even if it is to say hi... If not then I'm not going to post untill i get one review! If you are rading it sorry it tool so long

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the name of the dog. I like the way the dog gave her hope. You create a very good storyline. You held my attention for nine chapter. I hope to read more. Old Devil is hard to beat. Thank you for sharing the story.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

252 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 12, 2011
Last Updated on October 12, 2011


Author

tanaya
tanaya

Wyoming, NSW, Australia



About
Hi! My name is Tanaya Smith :) Pleased to meet your acquaintance :) I am 16 in year 11. I live in Australia. My natural hair colour is blonde but there were to many sterotypes along .. more..

Writing
Mummy! Daddy! Mummy! Daddy!

A Poem by tanaya


Flick Flick

A Poem by tanaya