Deal With The Devil

Deal With The Devil

A Chapter by tanaya

Tiredly I finished the book with an actual grin on my face. That was one of my favourites and it always calmed me down and let me escape whatever situation I was in, it made me happy. Satisfied I decided to keep the book and maybe read it again later whenever I needed some escape. Walking out of the library rubbing my eyes I bumped into something hard and would of fallen down if it wasn’t for someone's hands catching me. Looking up I saw Nathan grinning down at me. Blushing I stood up and gave him a small smile and a nod then turned around and walked away.

 

Embarrassed I tried to get to my room as fast as I could but of course it wouldn’t be that easy, not for me anyway. I felt it before I realised what was happening. The searing pain in my face was enough proof that I had not imagined it. I slowly turned around, clutching the side of my face, and stared at my attacker in horror. It was Nathan. He had actually hit me. He slapped me. I thought he was actually nice. I just stared at him in shock and noticed a change in him. His usual blue eyes were pitch black and I could not distinguish the eye from the pupil, his face looked livid and there was a horrible sneer on his face. I was surprised with his sudden change and scared for my life. What had made him so angry as to slap me? And trust me his slap wasn’t light, it felt like the force of a wrecking ball. My eyes had started to tear up as he walked to me and seemed to breath in my sent.

"how dare you walk away from me" he whispered in a deadly voice "how dare you turn away from me"

I whimpered at his anger and tried to move away slowly because there was a door on my right that I might be able to slip through. I thought that I should distract him by talking to him. So I did.

"who are you I thought you were actually nice" I whispered out, knowing he could hear me while I was shuffling my feet backwards until my back hit the wall. He laughed at that. He actually laughed.

"oh Melissa I am the prince of the second kingdom of hell" he said hysterically. I froze at that. The second kingdom? There was more than this? I didn’t know if I could handle the knowledge of everything but asked anyway remembering my ploy to get away.

"the second kingdom? There's more than this?" I questioned  running my hand over the wall

"yes there is 6 kingdoms and I rule the demons in the second kingdom, the first kingdom is here and ruled by Lucifer, then there's the third kingdom of the demon beasts that are to feral to be ruled by me and that’s ruled by Anthony, there's the fourth which holds all the troubled souls who have lost there mind, and there are a lot of those. That area is ruled by Jake, then the fifth is just souls that have been evil during there life and have not regretted it and have rejected heaven, that’s ruled by Harry. Then the sixth is contained of any souls or demons that are so feral and untamed that no one can control them except for Lucifer and William. After the six area's there is the black area that contains barren waste land. No one lives there" during his speech of the six lands that had completely shocked me I had been trying my hardest to find that door knob but have had no success as of yet.

 

Time was running out, he was bound to notice by now that I had slowly been moving away.

"now as to who I am, I am Nathan the prince of demons and one of the fellow 'angels' that fell from Heaven with Lucifer" he had put air quotes around the word angels" and I was nice because you were lucky, for you see you had found me after I had my annual feast of souls, but now those souls are gone from me and you still have your. Which is looking very appetising right now" at that he lunged at me just as my hand landed on the door knob, so I twisted it and drew myself back into the room dead bolting it after me with shacking hands.

 

 I leant against the door exhausted, but quickly got back up as I felt the door quiver at his force bashing against the door. I looked at the room I was in to see it was the study that I had been sent to see Lucifer in. I looked around for maybe a place to hide or another exit. I found an exit but it was right behind a sleeping dog that looked like no ordinary dog. It was pure black and huge, about the size of a wolf actually. I was torn, it was either going out the door I just came in and getting my soul eaten, or taking a risk and try to get past the dog in front of that door. I tried my luck with the dog. Who knows it could be a nice dog, but I doubted it.

 

 I slowly moved around the sleeping dog, if you could call it that. I was edging myself around it when the dog moved and growled in its sleep. I froze so that I didn’t wake it up any more and risk getting my head chewed of. All the while Nathan was still pounding on the other door but it seemed that the dead bolt was locked in place. I tried a faster approach but immediately regretted it. In my haste I had knocked his tale with my foot. Scared, I froze. Waiting for that final snap that would end it all. I half hoped for it half feared it. 

 

I opened my eyes slowly, shocked that I was still alive. The huge dog that I had thought would be snapping my head of right now was in fact now sitting on its hind legs looking at me with an innocent puppy dog look which defiantly did not  suit its size. I cautiously moved forward, putting my hand out like my father had taught me years ago when we had gone for walks and I had begged him to let me pat the dogs we saw. I remember his words exactly, even though I was only 10.

"now now Melissa you’ve got to put your hand out first so the dog can recognise your not a threat, just let it smell your hand and if it doesn’t try to bite you then you can pat it all you want, and if not then I guess we will have to find a way to tell your mum" I could faintly remember his rumbling laughter that always made me smile. But that was seven years ago.

 

Brought back into the present I felt the dogs moist, warm breath on my hand sniffing it. I watched the dog preparing to rip my hand away and bolt at the slightest sign of it growling or him becoming angry. I didn’t know how but I knew it was a He. Surprisingly instead of biting my hand of he gave it a big sloppy lick. Laughing quietly to myself I rubbed my hand on my pants and petted the big dogs head. He lolled his tounge out and closed his eyes in contempt. I was surprised that he had acted this way and stayed in the same position until I was brought back to reality by the banging on the door.

 

I jumped up strait away and turned to the door holding onto the dogs shaggy fur. I felt my hand vibrate as Hercules growled at the door. Yes I named him, but the name just seemed to fit perfectly with him. Edging backwards towards the door that he was guarding, I grabbed  hold of the door knob and twisted it pulling myself into the room just as I heard a big sound as the door was finally knocked of it's hinges and Nathan barged into the room. As he came in and I closed the door as quick as I can I saw Hercules jumping at him with his mouth wide open with a growl.

 

I was shocked to say the least. Why had that dog protected me? And why couldn't Nathan just go find some other poor girl to harass? Looking into the room I was in I saw that it was a bedroom. The bedroom was decorated basically like Nathans but was so much more grander and elegant, though simpler. It had a huge four poster bed that was a deep red colour, almost exactly like the colour of blood, almost. There were two more doors that I suspected would lead of into a bathroom and closet. What was with all this rooms having there own bathroom? I mean sure it was useful but geesh . Anyway getting back on track, there was a dark mahogany bedside table and a huge plasma t.v  on the wall in front of the bed. It was the basically the only type of technology I had seen in a bedroom, the game rooms had a pretty good set-up though.

 

I ran through the what I suspected to be the bathroom, seeing as it had the words 'Bathroom' elegantly carved into the white door, running through I saw that I was at a dead end. Turning back I ran back into the room and was surprised that the room was no longer empty. There was now another man on the bed. He was lean and had black hair that was tied back to show his angular face with black eyes. From his position on the bed I could see that he was around 5'9, 6'0. I couldn’t handle any more surprises like the one Nathan gave me so I did what humans do. I ran. Though as soon as I started I realised this was a big mistake.

 

Just as I was about to grab the door knob I felt a pair of warm hands around my waist pulling me away from my escape. I struggled as the arms held me captive. Kicking out and trying to claw his face of I started to wear out as my adrenalin rush wore off. Finally I stood still, defeated, in his arms.

"what do you want from me?" I whispered, putting an emphases  on the 'you'. I felt his chest vibrate with a chuckle.

"well for starters I am William, the king of the sixth lands. But the real question is who are you and why were you in my guest room?" his voice sounded deep and harmonic.

"well I seriously hope you are not like Nathan the king of whatever but I am Melissa, king of nowhere and forced here buy the devil himself, as for why I am in here well there is an extremely vicious king out there that apparently wants my soul so if you don’t mind could I please stay here till his gone" I pleaded at the end turning on the pout that had always gotten my dad and anyone to help me with something. Surprisingly he nodded with a guarded look on his face.

"I will go out there and look for him and send him away if that will help" he seemed genuinely concerned and worried but I wasn't about to trust him that fast. Look what happened when I did that with Nathan.

"can you see if the dog Hercules is alright to please he was protecting me" I whispered in a small voice. He nodded again and a small grin came upon my face at the prospect that I will know weather or not he is safe.

 

As he headed out side I sat on the bed looking at my feet and trying to think of ways to get myself out of this. But as usual I would have to wing it. Lost in my thoughts I didn't notice him come back in until I felt the bed sink down a bit at his wait. I jumped a bit in surprise and was startled when I felt his hand on my shoulder. I looked at him with my head tilted sideways, but just saw a concerned expression on his face .

"are you alright?" he mumbled. At that I out right laughed.

"alright? Alright? Do you even know what has gone on in the past couple of days? I have been stalked, kidnapped had weird freaky dreams that I have no idea if are real or not, been told that I was to marry the devil, met a nice person who turned out to be a king and an one that wants to eat my soul at that!! Then I meet a dog that I feel a strange connection to who then defends me and then I find myself here explaining to a guy who I don’t even know all about this in the pits of hell" I blew out a big breath at that and turned to him still breathing heavily from my big rant.

"sorry I shouldn’t be dumping this on you I just needed to get that of my chest" I whispered to him, waiting for him to yell at me and say that I'm crazy.

"don’t worry I understand, well not really but ill try to. You know I could help you if you want" he said to me looking into my eyes. I had no idea how he could help me but I asked anyway.

"well I could teach you how to defend your self, in mind and body" he eagerly told me. I thought about the pros and cons of this and found nothing that could counter it beside that one annoying thought in the back of my mind whispering 'he can't be trusted, you don't know him' but I ignored it anyway.

 

Nodding my head I said

"what's the worst that could happen right" shaking his hand we decided to meet back here tomorrow for our next lesson.



© 2011 tanaya


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the chapter. You are giving the story some history and character building. Nathan had a interesting history. I like the myths. They allow us to create strong story and tale. No weakness in this chapter. A outstanding chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 5, 2011
Last Updated on September 5, 2011


Author

tanaya
tanaya

Wyoming, NSW, Australia



About
Hi! My name is Tanaya Smith :) Pleased to meet your acquaintance :) I am 16 in year 11. I live in Australia. My natural hair colour is blonde but there were to many sterotypes along .. more..

Writing
Mummy! Daddy! Mummy! Daddy!

A Poem by tanaya


Flick Flick

A Poem by tanaya