Deal With The Devil

Deal With The Devil

A Chapter by tanaya

 

Back in my room, safe, I sat on my bed thinking over all my options in this hell whole, literally. I could still not believe I was trapped in hell with the Devil, it was all so overwhelming. I laid down on the bed, covering my eyes with both of my hands. I momentarily closed my eyes to try to get a few moments of peace.

 

But as usual in this place there was no peace. I was startled when I heard my door bang open with a huge force, hitting the door against the opposite wall. I jumped up with a start, thinking 'what could it possibly be now?'. Annoyed I glared at the person in my doorway. Not surprisingly it was Satan.

"what do you want now Satan?" I injected as much venom as I could into his name. he glared right back and me and stated coldly

"you are to come with me, now"  putting emphasis on the 'now'. I just rolled my eyes and stood up deciding to go along with him for now.

 

Leading me down the corridor and down a set of stairs hidden by a door Satan instructed me

"you are to do as I say and you are to be quit or there will be severe consequences, do you understand me?" I answered with as much sarcasm as possible

"of course Satan,  whatever you say Satan" though he just ignored me nodding his head, the sarcasm going right over his head.

"stupid Satan, trying to control me, ruining  my life, thinks his just all it doesn’t he, ill show him, ill find someone who will make you hurt, then you know what ill do? Ill laugh, yea that’s right you keep on walking you worthless bug, kidnap me and take me to hell, Pfft, I hate you" I was mumbling all this under my breath as we were walking and hoping that he wouldn’t hear it.

 

But as usual my luck wasn't that good.

"you do know I can hear you and you will be punished for that later" I rolled my eyes again

"do you really think I care right now? Well no I don’t so you just do what your gonna do and lets get it over cause I wanna go back up there and go to sleep" I stated a bit annoyed. Why would I care if he was angry at me, I mean come on he had kidnaped me!! Little brat. Yes I was angry but who wouldn’t be. I wasn’t going to be this little scared girl any more. No way there is be NO ONE that can control me.

 

Fuming I stalked up to him and poked him in the shoulder making him stop and turn to me.

"now, tell me where in hell are we going now?" I demanded, like I said I was sleepy and pissed, not a good combination. I tapped my foot, glaring up at him. He was glaring back at me but I didn't care for it.

"well I am going to show you something for your information" he said this with a snarl. I just nodded and was about to continue forward when he grabbed onto my arm just a little bit painfully. Twisting it slightly he spat out

"and what did I say about being quiet huh? If you want to survive for long down here you will have to be quiet" twisting it even more. I winced a bit, but other than that I showed no other response. I just nodded deciding not to give in but to go along with it for now.

 

He nodded curtly and let go, walking in front of me. I rubbed my red arm and looked around to see where I was (also looking for any escape places if needed, its always good to be prepared). The place seemed like it was set in the medieval times. It was all grey brick and there were metal holders that held fire sticks in them. The light coming from them was not much and didn’t light up the dark corners where anything could be hiding. Other than the torches and a couple of small holes high up in the wall that were used for windows, the hallway was bear. So that meant no escape route, damn. The long hallway finally ended with another door. Going through the door I found something I did not expect.

 

It was a mirror. Across the room was a huge reflective surface that covered the whole wall. I was confused as to why he had brought me hear and what was so important as to drag me all the way here.

"wow, a mirror how… intriguing" I said to him wondering exactly why there was a room that had just a mirror. I didn’t think Lucifer was that vain to have a whole room dedicated to a mirror.

"so… why did you bring me here again?" I questioned really wanting to get back to my plush bed and maybe have a little snack on the way. He just chuckled evilly at that.

"well you see that is no ordinary mirror, for it is a mirror of truth. It will show you all kind of truths. Mainly the ones that are most needed at the time. Now I want you to look into the mirror and tell me what you see" I was surprised at his answer because it was the complete opposite of what I was thinking it could be. I just looked at him stupidly and then I burst out laughing.

 

"you-have-to-be-kidding-me" I gasped out between laughs. After I regained my composure I stood strait and looked him in the eye saying

"are you serious? A freaking truth mirror? And why cant you just see when I look into it?" he just stared at me then explained

"actually I am very serious and yes a truth mirror you may not be able to comprehend that but yes and only the person who looks into it can see the reflection and you are to look into it and tell me exactly what you see, if you do not I will know and I will delve into your mind. And that my darling will be very painful" he was smirking by the end. I couldn’t believe he would do that. My mind was my private place and I didn’t know if it was possible for him to search all of my memories, all of my secrets, all of the things I have locked away in my mind, wishing to forget but never forgetting entirely. I couldn’t let him see my mind. So I said yes.

 

I slowly walked forward looking into my shimmering reflection. In there I saw a girl in grey sweats and a black tee, she was looking at the mirror wearily as if waiting for someone to jump out and say 'boo!' . Her long black hair laying lank around her narrow face with the green eyes. This was me, Melissa.

 

As I walked closer the me in the mirror started to blur and shift shape. At 5 metres away the image had completely changed. It was not the person I had seen before but nearly the exact opposite actually. I still had my long black hair and green eyes but instead of my eyes bland and my hair lank my eyes had the old fire they used to have and my hair looked silky and healthy. There was also a big change in the scenery. It had changed from the little dungeon room to a magnificent room of red and gold. I was sitting on a throne in the middle of a bustling, busy room full of people in old fashioned gowns and suits. I was in a gown myself. It was a rich red and gold gown that hugged my bodice but flowed outwards at the skirts. The dress had long sleeves with a neckline that showed a decent amount of cleavage but not to much, it glittered under the light as the me in the mirror moved in the mirror turned around and looked at a faceless man and smiled. The me in there had a gold crown on that was placed delicately on top of my head.

 

This was a huge shock at me and I thought 'could this truly be the true me? But how could it? I am no queen'. I tore my eyes away from the mirror and looked behind me, at Lucifer. He was staring at me intently. When he saw me look at him with a confused expression on my face he eagerly asked

"what did you see? Tell me!" I was shocked at how intent he was on finding the answer. I stumbled over my answer afraid of what he would  say to what I saw in there.

"I-I was-there was- it was so different" I finally got out though it seemed it wasn’t enough for him.

"so tell me exactly what you saw or I will get into your mind, painfully" he ended with an evil smirk. So I took a deep breath and said it as best I could

"well it was me and I was different, I was wearing a red and gold ball gown and I was sitting in a big room… on a throne" I ducked my head at the end part not wanting to see his face and continued " also I had a…crown on then I turned back in my seat and there was a guy there but I couldn’t see his face. But he was dressed up as much as I was and had a crown on to" I stopped there hoping he would not have a bad reaction to those words.

 

I looks up and saw his face in a look of concentration. He was staring at the ground and started pacing

"is that all you saw Mellissa? You have to be sure I need to know this" he said all of a sudden looking up at me. I simply nodded and he turned away from me to start pacing again. He did this for about 20 minutes and only stopped when I asked him a question

"what do you see in the mirror Lucifer?" he looked startled at my question and completely unprepared for it. He gave me a hard look and answered

"that is hardly your business" I was shocked. He had demanded I show him what I saw yet he can not tell me what he saw? Ridiculous.

 

So I nodded and started walking towards him and reached for the door but stopped when I heard his voice.

"go. Go to your room and do not come out until I say you are to come out. Is that clear?" swallowing my anger at being ordered I nodded without looking at him and followed the corridor to the staircase.

 

Once back in my room a jumped on my bed, back first. Thinking over all that had just happened I realised just how much my life was messed up. What did that image in the mirror mean? Me as a queen? That was impossible. Lucifer has said it was the mirror of truths but how could I be a queen? I mean he did say I was to marry him but I was not going to be forced into anything at all. And in my old life I had just been a nobody who loved books. No queen of anything.

 

I now thought as my life on earth as my 'old life' but really I was just being realistic. There seemed to be no escape for me at this time and if I do try Lucifer will probably kill me or at least torcher me in some way. But I will find a way to at least get out of hell, maybe if I'm lucky go up into heaven if they would except me but who knows.

 

I let out a huge sigh and thought 'this is enough for one day ill get some rest then figure it out tomorrow' as I drifted of to sleep I had one last thought 'damn I didn’t get my snack'.

 

+++

Unknown P.O.V

 

I watched her sleep, her deep breaths in and out. She seemed to  be having a nightmare so I sent out a soothing thought with my powers and she soon relaxed. Melissa was beautiful as she slept with her black hair splayed out beside her, her body twisted in the sheets. I stayed there watching her as she slept wishing I could know what was in her mind as she dreamt.

 

I knew I would have to leave soon before the Devil or one of his minions sensed me here but it was hard to tear my eyes away from her sleeping body. Taking one last look moved from the foot of her bed and quietly opened the door, making sure there was no creak, then closing it quietly. Moving swiftly I moved pass the sleeping guard and down the corridor.

 

Making my way outside I caught the sense of someone dangerous right behind me. Swiftly I turned around and grabbed the throat of my attacker. It was the Devil himself. I chuckled at this and squeezed tighter on his throat. Glorifying at the feel of having the devil at my hand. Unfortunately  it was not for long though.

 

He quickly pushed my hand away from his throat with a big force. I chuckled at his angered expression and mumbled.

"you never had the best temper did you?" knowing he would hear it.

"you would know wouldn't you" he growled back at me. I chuckled again and nodded

"yes I think I would excel in that area" knowing it would aggravate him further. And it did

"why are you in my lands? You have no right here" he spat at me. I tutted and said

"hmm that is for me to know and you to stay awake all night trying to figure out" seeing his face turn from white to red in a matter of seconds was so worth what would come after.

 

The Devil sent a fist flying at my face but I grabbed onto his hand and held it there twisting it slightly.

"do not try to hurt me because you will not win so don’t even try, I think I shall go now but this will not be the last you see of me" I snarled at him.

" yes this is the last I shall see of you except for in the dungeons when my men capture you next time you set foot in my domain" I laughed at that and said

"your men could not catch me if there life depended on it so do not count on that dearest brother" with that I thrust his fist away and defied my best instincts, turning away I ran from the grounds thinking 'why did you have to be this way brother?' and disappeared into the night



© 2011 tanaya


Author's Note

tanaya
Please let me know what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I am really loving it so far, there are still gramatical issues though. My friend is a really horrible speller so I am always watching for spelling issues, most I can over-look but there was one, "Torcher." The correct spelling is torture. Just saying, no harsh-ness intended, but my English teacher always says, "You'll embarrass yourself if you don't know how to spell third grade words correctly." Another thing, quotes. My teachers would kill me if I did quotes wrong. it goes, "Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx," or with an exclamation or questionmark at the end. And: Sally said, "Xxxxxxxxx." Or.... "Xxxxxxxx," said Sally. Just saying, I don't know if you were typing fast or not bothering with grammar, I just thought I'd point it out. A wonderful plot so far, though!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like the mirror. You have a lot of interesting things coming out of this story. The girl is holding on. Hard to beat the Devil one on one. She will need help to have a chance. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 5, 2011
Last Updated on September 5, 2011


Author

tanaya
tanaya

Wyoming, NSW, Australia



About
Hi! My name is Tanaya Smith :) Pleased to meet your acquaintance :) I am 16 in year 11. I live in Australia. My natural hair colour is blonde but there were to many sterotypes along .. more..

Writing
Mummy! Daddy! Mummy! Daddy!

A Poem by tanaya


Flick Flick

A Poem by tanaya



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..