Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Tiasshy

My little Lily is all grown up today. Sweet 16 . Who would it thought that 11 years could pass so quickly. Today, she shall say goodbye and we won’t see each other for a long, long time. I went to her room, to be the first to wish her a happy birthday, but she was still sleeping. So I gave her a kiss, and watch over her. I have been doing that from the first time I saved her life in the woods eleven years ago. It’s strange. I can barely remember my life before I met Lily, but that night is etched in my memory forever. It was the night of the full moon and I was alone for the first time, since I left my pack. Running through the woods as if nothing is wrong, until I heard chanting. I hated witches and mages and any supernatural that uses magic and words to control world around them. I ran towards the chanting, just to joke with the witches until I saw or better yet, until I smelled them. There were two witches, male and female, both powerful and yet very afraid. The third person I couldn’t indentify by smell, but as soon as I saw her, I noticed that she was a child and that was it. Female was holding a child in a stasis with her magic and male was holding a knife to kill that beautiful girl, who looked so small and defenseless. I killed the male first, since he was right in front of me, never given him a chance to fight back. Woman screamed as I tore her throat out, begging me to stop. I didn’t. When she stopped breathing I changed back to my human form, as swiftly as I could, which wasn’t fast. I turned to the girl, who was still in some kind of trance and didn’t wake up from it. I grab her and ran toward my car. She smelled different so I didn’t know what exactly she was, except that she definitely wasn’t human. When we came to the car I dressed myself and she was finally starting to wake up. When I asked her, who she was, she answered: “I am Lily, daughter of Lilith, who is the first demon and consort of Lucifer.” From that day forward I was Lily’s guardian, her teacher and her best friend. We found Lilith together and in her gratefulness she granted me an eternal youth, but in the same blessing she bonded my soul and Lily’s soul together so if Lily die I shall follow, but if I die only her soul dies with me, and her being part demon only her goodness dies. But how does a werewolf fall in love with a demon so young? Simple, I did not saw the demon part, but potential for love. Lilith laughed at me, saying that sooner or later evil will come out, but I didn’t give in. Well most of the world thought Lily as some kind of antichrist or the bringer of the end of the world and they tried to kill her on every step of the way. I killed them all. I created a name for myself as a traitor but also as a ruthless killer. During those years I killed many shifters, vampires, demons and even one angel.

As my little Lily woke up, I stopped thinking of the past. There is no sense in bringing those sad memories. I smiled, took her little hand in mine and said.

“Happy birthday Lily!” I gave her a quick peck on her cheek. She giggled:

“Oh Victoria, you’re awesome! I’m going to miss you so much…” I could see tears building.

“Don’t cry, there is no point now. We all know that as soon as you were old enough to defend yourself, you’ll leave this earthly realm and went to visit the other side. I cannot defend you there little one, you know that.”

“But why do I even have to go?!?”

“Lily, you’ll stop that right now. Your mom is the queen of demon’s and if she wishes to show you her kingdom, you’ll go and have fun and be responsible adult that I know you can be. Now, get up, get dressed and I’ll find you a cake.”  With that I left her room, so that she would not see me cry. I love her very much, but Lilith made it clear to me. Lily will go and I could come with her, but I was already once in the other realm. I almost died and this time, Lilith wouldn’t protect me. Lily must go, and I will wait for her here. That is the plan. And yet I couldn’t help myself to let out a tear or two. House was almost empty at this point, since Lilith and Lily will be departing in few hours. In the kitchen I found ice cream cake, Lily’s favorite.  Just as I was searching for candles, Lilith came to me.

“Victoria.” She scared me. Lilith was a beauty beyond compare, with her black as night curls and eyes as red as blood. Her tan was almost as dark as her hair, but it matched beautifully. I on the other hand, was pretty. My hair was long enough for me and dark brown, almost black and my eyes dark blue. There was a hint of Native American in my heritage and it showed on my face, kind of gave me an edge. Like I said pretty, but not beautiful.

“Yes Lilith?” I called her by her name, trying to show her, that I do not fear her. Of course every time, that I did talk to her I almost die of fear. She is, after all, the first demon, as old as the earth itself.

“Is my daughter ready?”

“I’ll just bring her a cake and then she’ll be ready.” I continued to search for candles.

“What’ll you do, after we are gone?” That question came to me as a surprise. I turned to her, but trying really hard, not to look her in the face.

“I haven’t really thought about that. Maybe to find that assassin that got away. And after I killed him to travel the world. Maybe find some secluded cave in the mountains and wait until Lily will be ready to come back.” She grabbed me by my face, forced me to look her in the eye.

“Who are you Victoria?”

“I’m a werewolf that saved your daughter. You named me Victoria, but that was not how my mother called me. I was nothing before. Now, I’m yours. Who am I? Whoever you need.” That answer pleased her. She allowed me to go away and as soon as I was out of the kitchen I ran to Lily with her cake. She was already dressed and in that light she looked so much like her mother. Except her smile, which was the prettiest smile I have ever seen.

“You’re beautiful my little sister.” I said and put the cake on the table. She hugged me so hard I almost heard my bones crack.

“I know that it is my birthday, but I also made you a present.” She gave me a small package, which she urged me to open it immediately. Inside it was a small mirror as big as my hand. I looked at her:

“It’s very nice, but I don’t understand…”

“It will connect us. I don’t know how we will talk, when I’ll be in other realm, so I made two mirrors. If you say my name I will be able to hear everything you’ll tell, until you end it with I love you. And same with mine.”

“But…”

“And you’ll know that you have the message from me, because your reflection will make faces.” That made me laugh, so I just went to her and hug her again.

“And I just made you a protection necklace!” I gave her my gift and she immediately put the crystal around her neck.

“It is beautiful, and quite powerful.” She lights a candles with just a wish. Right as she was about to make her birthday wish, Lilith come to the room. I stepped away from the cake, but Lily rushed to her and smiled. They say that mother is a god in child’s eyes. What to do, when your mother truly is as powerful as a god and as old as one? You adore her on every step.
“Mother, would you like a piece of cake?” Only Lily can make Lilith smile.

“Maybe later my sweet. First I need to talk to your wolf.” She only calls me that to anger me. Luckily I know that you should never show any demon how you feel.

“As you may know, I have quite a lot of earthly possessions and business.” I knew that. Most of the model and singers houses are in the hand of one or another demon. Most of the pretty girls that you’re seeing on the cover of a magazine have sell her souls, to be on that magazine.

“Yes I’m aware of that.”

“My daughter tried to convince me, that you’re capable enough to be mine contact on this side. That would mean you to run everything that I own.” Now, that was a surprise. Lily was happy, but I knew that I was not a management type of a person.

“Lilith, you know me. I’m not the boss. I’m the person who argues with the boss, I’m the trouble maker. Put me behind a desk, and it’ll be the death of me.” The smile that was on her face was scary enough for most people to run and hide.

“I know. That’s why I made you my enforcer.” Lily started jumping up and down, but I was as confused as before.

“I don’t understand.” She went straight at me, with evil in her eyes.

“Basically you’ll be my voice. Of course, since we won’t be able to communicate regularly, most of the decisions will be left to you alone. Like it or not, I made a name for you. Everywhere you’ll go, you’ll be known as Lilith chosen one. I am grateful for everything that you have done, and I admit that in actions that you took to protect my daughter, you lost everything that you had before. So now, I’ll give you a new chance. Be the shadow behind my throne and wait until Lily is old enough to claim this realm.” I couldn’t talk.

“Do you want my blessing than? Do you accept my proposal?”

“Does that mean that I’ll be the first to know, when Lily will come back?” Again with her evil smile.
“Yes.” I made up my mind in seconds.

“Then yes. I accept.” She came closer.

“You’ll need to accept my mark. It’ll forever mark you as mine. But it does comes with ups and downs. The mark is for the most loyal ones.”

“Do it.” She was so close that we were touching. Since she was quite bigger than my 5.3 feet, she put her hand and raised my head. Next thing I knew is her lips kissing mine. But it was not just a kiss. During those few seconds something dark entered me and as soon as she moves away I could feel that darkness behind my skin.

“Tell me wolf, how many times did you exchange blood with my daughter?” Crap. I would’ve cursed out loud, but the pain was too great.

“Tell me!” She was angry now.
“Few times…” I grunted.

“But only because it was necessary! Only when her or my life was in danger.”  My blood was boiling and it was killing me from the inside out. She came to me with her hand extended. I already saw my death, but she only touched my back. Pain eased a little until it exploded. I couldn’t help and started screaming.

“I will forgive you this indiscretion but only because my daughter reassured me, that it was a necessity. You will tell no one. Because then even I cannot protect you. But it does explain how you became so powerful. You carry the blood of the first demon inside you. Be careful, because many witches, warlocks and necromancers would sell more than just their soul to get what’s inside you. You carry the mark of the Black Phoenix on your back. Make me and my daughter proud.” She turned around and left, leaving me on the floor. Lily came to me.

“I’m not sorry, that I have told her, because I did it. You’ll stay within whatever my mother has created and we’ll be in touch.” She was actually happy, but I couldn’t smile with her. My back was still on fire and pain was only getting worse. Lily carried me to her bed and whispered to me:

“Sleep now, my big wolf sister and dream of a day when I’ll be in charge and you won’t have to hide in shadows. You’ll be next to me, and we shall rule the world. Love you.” I tried to whisper her that I loved her too, but sleep claimed me and in seconds I was dead to the world.



© 2013 Tiasshy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

nice one i like it

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 13, 2013
Last Updated on February 13, 2013


Author

Tiasshy
Tiasshy

Visnja Gora, Slovenia



About
What to say about me? I'm a hopeless romantic, who still believes in true love, even thou world around me does everything to convince me otherwise. My stories are usually written in my mother langua.. more..

Writing