Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Tiasshy

When I finally woke up, I was completely alone. How odd, to be alone for the first time in so long. And how quiet it was. My back still hurt so first thing I did when I got up, I looked in a mirror. I didn’t even have to lift my shirt since my new tattoo burned right through everything. It was absolutely amazing and so big! All my scars disappeared, at least those on my back. I took the little mirror, which Lily gave it to me and went to my room to take a shower. I didn’t even noticed that all my stuff were gone until I decided to dress myself. My room was completely cleared out, except one pair of underwear, a bra and pink summer dress. It was enough to me little angry. I mean, pink dress? For me? I mean come on. But since I didn’t have a choice I got dressed and ventured outside. There was a black car waiting for me. A man stepped out and I just had to smile. He was one of those, not too big but really manly man with those broad shoulders in his early 30s. I liked him already.

“Miss Victoria?”

“Yeah, that’s me. Who are you?”

“You can call me Dean.” I went to him for a handshake and noticed that, something was wrong with him. He just smelled wrong. Not quite human, but almost like demon. Maybe he hanged around demons for too long.

“Please, get in the car, we are kind of in a hurry. We need  to get to USA this evening.”

“Why?” I wanted to ask him so many things, but he kept pushing me to the car.

“I can answer all of your questions on the plane.” He was most persuasive, so I got in. As he started driving I remembered.

“What about my things?”

“I already packed them and send them to the airport. Don’t worry, I didn’t forget anything.” I wanted to say, except my mirror, but maybe it isn’t the best thing to advertise that I have a way to communicate with the other side. I out the mirror next to me and stared outside.  I couldn’t stay quiet for too long.

“So Dean, why haven’t I seen you before? I thought I knew all the staff she had.”

“I’m her liaison in USA. Usually I don’t come to France.”

“So, why did you come now?” I leaned closer.

“Because of you. Our mistress gave me few orders in person and told me what to do about you.”

“When was that?"

“Few nights ago. Then I had to conclude some business in England, and I just got back this morning. But house was already empty, except from you, so I just proceeded with the moving.” I sighted.

“But why do we have to go to USA?” I hated it there. I grow up in those forests and I lost everything there. Even though memory of my childhood was a bit fuzy, I just knew that it’ll come back if I would ever go back. Do I truly want to remember why I ran away? When Lilith took me in, and appointed me her daughter guardian she made me forget about most of the things that would make me weaver in battle. I remember the main things but like I said, it’s kind of fuzy. Like my name. I don’t remember how my mother called me. But that doesn’t even matter since she’s dead.

“Europe has become too unstable. There are too much hunters right now, coming to the area. She was here for 15 years and demon that powerful leaves a mark. Right now they are all circulating France and it’s just a matter of days before they find the mansion. You were not all that hidden.” I didn’t know what to say to that. I knew that Lilith was arrogant, but she had a right to be. I mean, who would be stupid enough to attack a consort of Lucifer? But her daughter, who was humanly weak, that was another story. Would she sacrifice her own daughter? Answer is yes. Demons live by the rule, only the stronger may survive, so if Lily would die, she would not be the first. Maybe that’s the reason Lilith laid all her legs in the human realm. That her children would have a chance of life, since they are so weak until teen years. Lily is not first of her children to survive earth, but none if the other survives the years in the demon world. I only hope, that I thought her enough for her to live and come back.

“There is the airport.” He startled me. He opened my door and escorted me to the plane.

“Make yourself comfortable, we’ll be leaving in half an hour.” I just nodded. Plane was small but comfortable. Lucky for me, it was private plan so I didn’t have to worry about anything. I went to the biggest chair and ordered a drink. But apparently I couldn’t, because we weren’t in the air yet. Stupid rules. I saw Dean entered the plane, but he went straight to the pilot. When he did come to me he just said:

“Buckle up. Apparently we have a green light, so we’ll be leaving right away.”

“Fine with me,” I mumbled. Suddenly he was right in front of me, which was way to close if you ask me. I sat as still as I could and tried to sound normal as his hand were almost on me:

“What are you doing?”

“You really should fasten your seat belt.” I was too surprised to do anything so I just sat still until he did it. Then he sat back on his chair, which was right in front of me, and fastens his seat belt as well. I cursed myself for being so girly. As soon as we were safe in the air, he got up and brought me a drink. With lots of alcohol. I drank it at once, to calm me a little and asked him:

“What are you?” He raised an eyebrow and brought me another glass.

“You don’t know?” I shook my head.

“I’m a warlock.” I straighten my back and put my game face on, and my heart slowed down. Suddenly the tension in the air was almost visible. He was surprised that I didn’t know.

“And here I thought that you were in her inner circle. You didn’t know she was making her own warlocks?”

“How can you make a warlock? I thought you need to be a witch first, then…” I couldn’t even say something so foul. He didn’t have that reservation.

“Well usually yes, but there are some exceptions. You want to know?”

“No need.” I knew only one ritual, and that is only a start to becoming fully fledged warlock. You need to sacrifice a pure soul, call yourself a demon, usually a succubus and then have the demon submit to you. Most of the time it involves sex. I truly didn’t want to know the rest.

“So, how long are you working for her?” Usually we don’t say her name. She like the devil, if you call him, he may come.

“15 years.” Few minutes of staring.

“Do you know what am I supposed to do now?” I suddenly asked him.

“Well, I got some ideas, but I kind of waited for you to tell me. I only live to serve you.” That last sentence was said with some irony.

“Well, she said I would be her enforcer, but I have no idea what she meant. Only that I would somehow represent her.”

“She told me, that you are like a mascot. You know, she turned innocent werewolf into a killing machine. Basically you’re our executioner and puppet. You’ll do what they tell you and when they tell you.”

“F**k.” I couldn’t help myself.

“Can’t I just disappear or something?” He laughed a little.

“Yeah right, like it’s that easy. Look, you’ll have a really nice job. You’ll stay at the mansion which she has left you, you’ll have 24 hour care, you’ll be able to do whatever you want to, buy anything you think is pretty and that is it. Except every once in a while you’ll have to kill something, like a witch gone bad, or a hunter who has come too close and you’ll have to appear on every major event dressed like a lady.” I thought about that for a while.

“I guess I could spend few years in a luxury. Since that’s all I have.”

“And you’ll even get a personal assistant during the day and a bodyguard during the night.”

“Bodyguard? Why would I need a bodyguard? I was one for eleven years, do you really think I can’t defend myself?” That boiled my blood a little.

“You were a glorified babysitter. That’s all.” I went cold. Again.

“Lilith didn’t think that.” He winced as I said her name.

“You really think she would entrust her daughter just to anybody?” I knew that she would, but I’m sure as hell he didn’t know.

“That was different. You need different kind of protection.” He knew he went in too deep.

“Look, I just meant…” I interrupted him.

“I don’t care what you meant. Just… Go away from me.” I turned toward the window and shut up. I don’t really care what I do, or who I listen to. There was just one thing I know for sure. I love Lily and I would do anything to hear from her again. It was a long flight, especially since we were both quiet.

“We’ll be landing soon.” Dean said after a few hours.

“Good,” I answered.

“You have to understand, that nobody dared to attack you directly before. They attacked Lily because they thought they had a chance, but now you’ll be their target. Their tactic will change and I can’t take that chance. You need to be protected.”

“I don’t care. Do whatever you think is right.” I just didn’t want to fight. I was tired of flying and my wolf knew we were coming home. As much as I hated that moment, my other half was thrilled. As a bodyguard I didn’t have much chance of being true wolf. Now I’ll have more than enough time to explore my inner wolf. As soon as we landed, Dean escorted me to a car. I had to wait there as my -stuff was being handled. I still had the little mirror with me. 



© 2013 Tiasshy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
Added on February 13, 2013
Last Updated on February 13, 2013


Author

Tiasshy
Tiasshy

Visnja Gora, Slovenia



About
What to say about me? I'm a hopeless romantic, who still believes in true love, even thou world around me does everything to convince me otherwise. My stories are usually written in my mother langua.. more..

Writing