Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Tiasshy

“Miss Victoria, this is the seamstress that I was telling you about. Her name is Cornelia.” She looked at me, with her big three colored eyes. Eyes were the most striking feature, since the outer circle was green, the middle circle midnight blue and the inner circle pure silver. If the eyes weren’t enough to expose her as an elf, she was tall and slender, with that pall, almost greenish complexion and of course, the most beautiful brown hair I have ever seen. Even the smell of her offered me memories of tress, dirt and everything homey. I wanted to run so badly and yet I stepped one step closer.

“Hello miss Victoria.” She said and smiled. I was closer now and noticed something odd. There were some wrinkles on her face, which meant she was old. She noticed I acted odd.

“Please, I thought Nivea explained my situation.” I turned to Nivea, who looked very confused.

“What situation?” As Nivea started to answer, Cornelia silenced her.

“I know, how I look and how I smell, but you must believe me, that I’m no elf.” I only raised an eyebrow in disbelief. Cornelia sighed:

“My grandfather was a full blooded elf, but I’m only a quarter elf. Only my luck was that I’ve got an outside of an elf and inside of a human.”

“I do not understand.”

“I don’t have any magic.” I started breathing again.

“Are you sure?” A smile appeared on her face. She suddenly looked younger.

“Yes. But if you want to know for sure, come here and smell me. You’ll see for yourself that even though I look like an elf and from afar I even smell like an elf, there is something missing.” I did just that. I went closer and as I was standing right in front of her, she offered me her neck. Then I smelled, and she was right. There was something missing, like she was just an empty jar.

“Welcome to my home, dear Cornelia,” I said and offered her my hand. We went to my room, for more privacy, where I undressed. Then I remembered something. I stopped with undressing and looked at Nivea.

“Nivea, where does your loyalty lie?” Somehow she looked hurt.

“I don’t understand miss.”

“If I tell you something in secret, would you tell Dean? Or someone else for that matter?”

“Only if your life was in immediate danger, otherwise your secrets are safe with me.” Her heart rate didn’t change, so I assumed she was telling the truth. Then I turned to Cornelia.

“You don’t have to worry about me, miss. I’ve been alive for quite some time now, and my silence is my life. I’ve heard things that I shouldn’t and will never tell.” I smiled.

“Well, what you’re about to see, will stay one of those secrets until I say otherwise.” They only nodded, but watched me carefully as I undress. When I showed my mark, my dark tattoo, Nivea sighted. Cornelia stayed silent and only took a measurement tape.

“I’m guessing, the tattoo has a meaning?” Cornelia asked as she came closer.

“Even if it did, I don’t know about it. It was my last gift from her.” She started with my height.

“Well, since I don’t know who she is, I guess that really doesn’t matter.” I glanced at Nivea.

“You don’t know who you’re working for?” I asked as Cornelia was around my waist.

“I don’t really care. I just sew dresses for Mistresses of this house. I was never important enough to tell me the whole truth.”

“Can I ask you few questions?” Nivea was writing down the measurements Cornelia was taking. Cornelia stopped and looked me in the eye.

“I’ll tell you the truth if you will answer my question.” I took a minute to reconsider this, but why not.

“Sure. I ask you, and then you ask me. Only the truth. And Nivea, this has never happened.”

“I was never here, miss.” Was her only reply. Cornelia was now at my breast with that damn tape.

“How did you become a quarter of an elf?” She smiled.

“Well, my grandfather walked around France, about two hundred years ago. And he found a girl in the forest, who he fancied. So he fucked her. That’s how my father was born. He was lucky if you ask me, but very unlucky if you ask him. You see, he had the opposite of me. He looked very ordinary, very human, but his power was that of an elf, he was very powerful but also unpredictable. So when his mother died, the father came for him and took him to his land. He was rejected, because he looked too human. So he came back and found himself a girl. Who he fucked. And in year 1910 I was born. My mother took me far away from my father, because he was very jealous of how I looked and how he didn’t look like. Only when I was grown I met them both, my father and grandfather. I must say I hold no love for either of them.” I was fascinated.

“You don’t look a day over 40! You look amazing!” Again, with her smile. How lovely she looked.

“Well, that is only thing that I got. And the other hand, flowers keep on dying with me.” Now we both smiled. Now it was Cornelia’s turn.

“I want as long of a story, as it was mine. So, who am I working for, and how did you got here?” What to tell her? Well, it does not matter.

“My name is Victoria and eleven years ago I rescued a demon child, who is also a daughter of Lilith, the first demon and a consort of Lucifer.” Cornelia was frightened. She reeked of fear.

“Please tell me, that it is a joke.”

“Well, it is not. But don’t worry, both mother and daughter are far away in demon dimension. My reward for guarding her was this mansion, lots of money and a tattoo whose meaning is unknown to me.” She seemed relaxed a little bit.

“I would have never guessed.” She suddenly said.

“Well, at first I did think you are an elf. My mistake. You thought I was just some werewolf. Your mistake.” She was done with the measurements so she turned away and cleaned her things. I started to get dressed since it got a bit chilly.

“Well, I know we only exchanged one question, but we can save others for later. For now, I have a lot to think about and so do you, miss Victoria. I shall come again in two days time, with few dresses and may haps another question. Is this all right?” I offered her my hand and said:

“Can’t wait to see you again dear Cornelia.” Her visit was brief but educational. I waited for Nivea, and watched the sun. It will be dark soon, were my thought.

“Nivea, show me a room with a fireplace and a good book.” She lead me to a library, where there was a fireplace and lots of very good books.

“I will say my goodbyes now miss, and I’ll go home. I shall see you in the morning.”

“Goodbye Nivea and don’t be late.” I blow her a kiss and crawled up in a very big and comfortable chair I found. Suddenly there was a noise outside and a man came to me. He was obviously my night guard.

“Hello, my name is Bill and tonight I will be your body guard.” I sighted.

“Just make fire and go stand in front of the door. I want some peace and quiet.” He did exactly that. But before he went I had one last request:

“Is there any blanket around here?”

“Yes miss, right there. Shall I bring you one?” I nodded and in few seconds I was wrapped in a beautiful blanket. I looked at Bill and ordered:

“Go outside Bill, I want to be left alone. And if I fall asleep, don’t wake me up.” He only nodded and went out. It was odd, how peaceful I felt. There I was just sitting and watching fire. And what a beautiful fire it was. I almost felt as if the fire was dancing. I smiled as memories overflowed. I remembered when Lily was twelve and I have taken her camping. It was a long hike and I didn’t allow any funny business. She had to hike the mountain, set up a tent and made fire as if she was ordinary. I tried to prepare her for anything and I tried really hard. Those days, when we were alone in the woods or on a hike were the best. There was no one hunting us, because no one knew where we went. We were just two girls having fun. I know it may seem odd, but in the last eleven years we have never been apart for more than a day or two. And even if we were, she would call me or I would call her. I just don’t know what I will do now. Should I listen to Dean? Or should I just run away and hide somewhere. But still, what should I do with myself? I had so many questions and no answer. I felt myself slipping away into sleep. Suddenly a thought crossed my mind. I felt cold. That was odd. All shifters are warmer than normal human and we don’t get sick as easy as them. So why was I feeling cold? This doesn’t make any sense. I was trying to reach for my cell phone, but it was on the table, few feet of me. I really tried to extend my arm, but I was shaking to hard. As I was trying to call Bill, I heard someone else say:

“Bill? What are you doing here?” He had an Irish accent. I like that.

“Shane? Wow, I haven’t seen you in long time? How’ve you been?”

“Good. So, what are you doing guarding the library?” There was a slight pause.

“Look Shane, just go downstairs. There is nothing for you here. You need to wait, until Dean gets here. He will explain everything.”

“Don’t do that Billy. Come on, ever since we arrived, everybody’s been avoiding us. What’s going on around here?” Well, that was an answer I would like to know myself. Who is this Shane that needs Dean’s special introduction?

“Tell me Billy. You know I can make you.”

“Fine. Look, I shouldn’t tell you this, but our new mistress have arrived few days ago.”

“So what? Does she have something against vampires or something? Why shouldn’t we know this?” Now, that was interesting. And who are this we?

“Shane, don’t do this…”

“You will tell me.”

“She’s a werewolf.” And silence it was. I got the feeling I was forgetting something. What was trying to do, before I was interrupted. I tried to call someone. But who? And why?  I got a major feeling that something was wrong. But once again I was interrupted.

“So what? I don’t have anything against werewolves and neither does James. I don’t see a problem.”

“She not just any werewolf. I can’t tell you more, I’m sorry. Just leave.” I surprised even myself as I said:

“Bill, let the nice vampire in. I want to talk to him.” Door opened and I heard footsteps. Suddenly I saw him and I was impressed. He was quite good looking for dead man.

“Hello Miss. I’m Shane O’Neill.” I tried to offer my hand but I was shaking way too much for that. I don’t know who looked more surprised, me or him.

“I’m Victoria. And I really need you to call Dean.” He raised an eyebrow and I was getting impatient.

“There is a cell phone on the table next to you. Dial a number and get me Dean on the phone now!” And he did. When he handed me the phone I had to try really hard so that it didn’t fall out of my hands. But Dean didn’t answer his phone and I was directed to his voice mail. As I was leaving the message I looked to Shane, who looked me right back.

“Dean it’s Victoria. Something is wrong. I’m really cold and I can’t concentrate…”  When Shane came closer I just couldn’t talk anymore. I felt the phone fell somewhere.

“You’re really cute vampire.” I said. He only smiled and came closer. Suddenly he was so close that I could kiss him if I wanted to. He has these beautiful green eyes, I caught myself thinking when his forehead was touching mine.

“And you’re very cold werewolf.” Now it was my turn to raise an eyebrow.

“I’m still your mistress Shane, don’t you forget about that.” He bowed his head.

“Forgive me Mistress.” And he was gone. He was fast. Just as I was trying to ask out loud, where had he gone I heard him whisper to Bill.

“Call James. Now. I need him here. When he comes, you should disappear Bill.” And he was back with me. I smiled, but just because he really was pretty. Not really my type, since I prefer a real men, not pretty boy, but I must admit, Shane looked god. Even thou his hair were dirty blond and long.

“You really don’t know who I am?” He looked surprised.

“No. Should I know?” I thought about that for a while.

“Well, you’ll be my new bodyguard right? I mean, that’s why you’re here?”

“Yes. Dean said that he needed us here, and we came as soon as possible.”

“And you didn’t even ask who’re you protecting? And who is we?” He didn’t have the time to answer because my dream man came into my sight. Well, he would be my dream man if he would be alive. Absolutely gorgeous. Yeah, he was a little pale, even his eyes were icy blue, but the way he walked and the sheer presence of him told you that he was the ultimate alpha male. I only smiled.

“Hello miss Victoria, my name is James.” Oh, his voice gave me the shivers. Deep, seductive tone.

“Now I’m sorry Shane, you’re pretty but you need to leave.” I turned my attention completely on James, who didn’t seem to listen to me. He and Shane were whispering. I was so besotted by James, that I didn’t even notice that I couldn’t hear them. When he turned to me, I was speechless.

“Victoria, how are you feeling?”

“Much better now. I’m still little cold, but don’t worry, I’ll be fine.” He came closer.

“Give me your hand, miss.” And I did. he was extraordinary warm for a vampire.

“You’re really cold.” He seemed worried.

“So? I’m a little cold. I’ll be alright once I fall asleep.” I didn’t even noticed, that Shane has disappeared.

“You don’t understand me. Vampires usually don’t feel cold of warm. So if I noticed how cold are you, that means you’re really cold.” I looked him straight into his eyes.

“Then make me warm again.” He scooped me up and carried me away. Dear lord, that man had muscles everywhere.



© 2013 Tiasshy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
Added on February 14, 2013
Last Updated on February 14, 2013


Author

Tiasshy
Tiasshy

Visnja Gora, Slovenia



About
What to say about me? I'm a hopeless romantic, who still believes in true love, even thou world around me does everything to convince me otherwise. My stories are usually written in my mother langua.. more..

Writing