Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Tiasshy

We both stopped and marveled by the sight. Any woman would stop. So many testosterone and semi naked sweaty men. Truly a sight. I noticed Seth lifting weights.

“Miss we should go, before they notice us.”

“Why Nivea? You don’t like the attention?” She sighted.

“Most of these men are shifters and not all of them are employed yet.” I looked at Nivea harder.

“You’re afraid.” She radiated fear. Anyone could smell it from miles apart.

“Yes. Shifters scare me.”

“Then I scare you?” I asked.

“No. You’re a woman.” I raised an eyebrow.

“I don’t know if I should be insulted or flattered.” She looked at me.

“Please, let’s just go before they notice us.” I didn’t know why she was so afraid, but I followed her frantic walk toward computer room. There were about twenty computers, and only few of them were taken. Nivea led me to the corner, as far away as we could go. She immediately started typing.

“Which file would you like to see?”

“I want to see Shane O’Neill, James whose last name I don’t know, Dean and Seth. Man who was in my bed this morning.” I smiled, but Nivea didn’t. She blushed. I wanted to ask her, what is going on, why does she act so weird, but she interrupted me only few minutes later.

“I found Shane’s profile. Go on the computer next to me and I’ll send it to you.”

Apparently Shane was born in Ireland 1924 and was turned 1950. His maker was no one significant, and so was Shane. There was a little havoc and incidents for the first 20, 25 years, but then he went off the grid. He was underground until 1990 when he and James appeared in the court in Venezuela. They stayed there under unknown debt for 10 years, but were later send to the demon named Ronove as a gift. Since then they both worked various jobs as a security and other.

Nothing of interest. I looked around and noticed that we became the center of attention. That annoyed me a little, so I stand up and said:

“Everybody, get out. I need this room for a while.” There were a few odd looks, but only one tried to challenge me. I stared him down and he was the first one out. No one, except Lilith, can withstand my stare if I truly mean it. I turned to Nivea, forced her to stop typing and looked at me. It annoyed me how afraid she was and something else. She was hiding something from me.

“You will tell me what’s wrong. You don’t want to make me tell you.” She tried to look the other way.

“It’s nothing miss. Just my irrational fear.” She was lying. As a shifter I could hear more than normal human. When obvious, lies were easy to hear.

“Call me Victoria. And don’t play coy with me. Something’s off. What happened when I was asleep?” She tried really hard not to look at me, but it was all in vain.

“It’s not just you miss. You have to understand, that what has been going on, has been going on for a while now. “ I only raised an eyebrow and pulled my chair closer, so we were on the same level.

“Tell me everything. If I’m to run this house, I need to know these things.” Silence. For a while we just sat there, but then she looked away.

“I started working here few years ago, when my baby sister, who’s a witch, tried to call a familiar. Spell worked and she had a little fox running with her. But in doing so, she became more powerful. Maybe a little bit too powerful. When she disappeared I tried everything to get her back.” I sight. Family will always get you in trouble.

“Her coven got me in touch with this Demon named Ronove, but he had a price. I was to be his spy. So he located my sister and ever since I’ve been working here, telling him everything there is to tell.”

“Who is he? This Ronove?”

“He was the original owner of the house. He sends us his lovers and people who he doesn’t trust. Sooner or later they all disappear. But a month ago Ronove went away and we never heard from him away. We all thought that Dean was going to inherit the house, even him. So when we were notified that we’ll get new mistress we just assumed you’ll be a demon and that Dean will kill you sooner rather than later.” I did not see that one coming.

“Why?” She looked me straight into my eyes.

“Ronove lived by the saying: You keep what you kill. And so does everyone in this household. But that’s not all. For the last month Dean has been gathering men, shifters and every witch that was loyal to him. He’s been building himself quite a force, until he found out, he’ll not get the house. And when you came, you two seemed to be getting along so well, I decided not to tell you. But… When you were cursed I was sure he had cursed you. Until I heard that he’ll die if you die. He was telling the guards to keep you alive under any cost. That they can do anything to you, just so you’ll survive.” I was thinking. Still, something was off.

“What are you telling me?”

“Guards are not under your command. Dean is not on your side. And if you think you’ll in charge of this house you’re wrong. I don’t know how to help you, because no one takes me serious. I’m just a human. I’m their entertainment.” That angered me.

“Keep searching. I have to think.” So she turned away, buried herself in work and left me to think. She was right. There were at least 20 shifters here, who didn’t know me. All they know is that I’m weak. We’ll have to fix that. But Dean, that surprised me. I really thought he was a nice guy. But I guess you can never truly trust or know a warlock. I don’t know for how long were we there, before she interrupted my flow of thoughts. I had a plan, but I didn’t know if I want to put it into action.

“Miss, I only found Seth’s file. James’s is encrypted too much and Dean is not even mentioned.” I faced the computer. It seems Seth is full of surprises. He’s a golden Jackal, apparently pretty rare and he’s quite powerful. He was born somewhere in Africa, but no exact location and there was nothing written about his parents or siblings. He got in business with demon after his friend or maybe a relative, who was a naturally born hunter, was captured. He bargained his life for this friend. At first Seth was sent to the pit to fight for money, but he survived everything. After a while he was trusted enough to work some more dangerous jobs. His friend was still kept in one of facility and was experimented on. Since hunters aren’t that easy to capture, he was good lab rat. I hated that.

“Nivea, can you learn where this man has being kept?” Now, that only took a minute. I had the accurate address within my hand within minutes. Just as I was folding it, Seth came into the room.

“I’m sorry to intrude, but I got worried for you. You’ve been inside for far too long. Is there anything I can do to help?” He cocked his head.

“You know anything about computers?” There was a big smile on his face.

“Well, not me, but I do have a friend who’s a tech witch.” I just sighted as I sat down.

“Tech witch? What is that?” A man appeared behind Seth. He was smallish, still a little taller than me, but not more than 5.5 feet. He was pale, with long ginger hair and lot of freckles. He looked funny and scrawny.

“Hey, I’m Warren and I’m a tech witch. Anything to do with computers I’m your guy.”

“So, why do you call yourself a witch?” He smiled.

“Basically, I can manipulate to the computers, like witches manipulate their surroundings. So, what do you want me to do?”

“Delete us being here. I don’t want anybody to know what we were doing here.” I went to Seth.

“We need to talk.” He noticed that I was serious.

“Right now?” I looked around me.

“No. I don’t feel safe here. I’ll be in the garden for a few hours. You think you can get there?” He shook his head.

“I doubt it. We have a meeting with a guy Dean left in charge. We’ll be getting new orders and I can’t be missing.” I cursed.

“Go there and listen to everything. Apparently there are some things going on in this house I don’t know about. Damn it!” I wanted to punch someone.

“Nivea, we’re going out.” I only nodded to Seth, who returned the gesture and disappeared to the hall. We quickly went to the elevators and out in the sun. I felt better already. We strolled the garden for a bit, and sat down on a beautiful bench in shadow of a willow tree. 



© 2013 Tiasshy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on March 2, 2013
Last Updated on March 2, 2013


Author

Tiasshy
Tiasshy

Visnja Gora, Slovenia



About
What to say about me? I'm a hopeless romantic, who still believes in true love, even thou world around me does everything to convince me otherwise. My stories are usually written in my mother langua.. more..

Writing