Fourteen: Gotta Lotta Money

Fourteen: Gotta Lotta Money

A Chapter by Tina Bee

"That was really stupid back there," Greg chastised as he drove.

 

"You don't know what it feels like to have your dead beat baby daddy abduct your son!" I screamed at him.

 

"Abduct him? Are you crazy?" Greg asked me in a shrill voice.

 

"I'm just about there," I spat back at him.

 

"So I've noticed. That little stunt you pulled yesterday could've landed you in jail," Greg said and I sat back cooly staring out the window.

 

"Being in jail would be better than being here, that's for sure," I said in such a manner that Greg sucked in his teeth.

 

"Please you'd be eaten up alive in there sweetheart," Greg informed me as we stopped at a red light.

 

"Why do you care so much?" I asked, finally taking time out to check on Liam who was now keenly listening to us.

 

"Don't start with that now because you know I'll always care," Greg said, "I have to."

 

"Well don't you deserve a f*****g medal," I quipped and Greg sighed again.

 

"I took him to the duck park," Greg said proudly and I rolled my eyes at him.

 

"Oh great, daddy half a*s spent one afternoon with the kid he won't acknowledge and now he wants a pat on the back," I said sarcastically as the light turned green.

 

"I know he's mine, I just don't want anymore complications with my wife," Greg explained with a look of sorrow on his face.

 

"Oh, your precious little wife, the one who nearly took my face off yesterday while you sat in the car doing nothing," I mocked.

 

"You think I wanted to get caught up in your s**t?" Greg asked, "you think I want to waste time in jail because some little harlot wants to show off."

 

"Harlot?" I asked loudly, "stop this car, now!"

 

"Do you think no one was watching you while I was gone? I've heard about everything you've been doing since giving birth," Greg confessed, "who was that guy you were with at that restaurant?"

 

"I'm not telling you," I said defiantly.

 

"You're not going to be bringing random men into my son's life, that's for sure," Greg said firmly.

 

"I'll do whatever I please because you don't pay my rent!" I hissed at him.

 

"And that's what I'm here to discuss," Greg said and now I was intrigued.

 

"What?" I asked, dumfounded.

 

"Instead of dragging the matter through court I want to offer you two hundred dollars a week in child support so that I know my son is being taken care of," Greg offered.

 

I tallyed up the sum in my head and then scowled.

 

"That's eight hundred dollars a month, you don't afford that!" I scuffed.

 

"Don't worry about what I can and can't afford just agree or disagree," Greg pleaded.

 

"Well I guess that will work...for now," I said sheepishly.

 

"Good," Greg said as we pulled into our neighborhood.

 

"So that's it?" I asked, "you're just going to drop me off and everythings fixed now?"

 

"Of course it's not fixed. You're never going to let any of this go," Greg said as he pulled up in front of my house.

 

"You got that right!" I exclaimed.

 

"Look, I'll give you the angry mother bit, but this whole jealousy thing just isn't you Myra," Greg started, "I'm married now. We can't have this back and forth bullshit that you want. Please respect me."

 

"Like hell I will," I said looking out my window at nothing in particular.

 

"Then I promise you that you'll never see me again," Greg finished, "I live in New York, I don't have to come back here you know."

 

I gasped, the thought of never seeing Greg again took me by surprise. I'd spent months just counting down the days to his return.

 

"Don't you care about your son at least?" I asked, faking a sniffle.

 

"I love my son," Greg said, "but I hate you more."



© 2010 Tina Bee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the last line; so serious and dramatic and hurtful all at once. Wonder what will really happen from here?

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

425 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 18, 2010
Last Updated on December 20, 2010


Author

Tina Bee
Tina Bee

Sacramento, CA



About
My new book, "The Brighter Side of Low" is now up for viewing. Read it today and new chapters have been added as of July 1, 2013. More chapters coming soon! I've completed my second book titled, "A.. more..

Writing
As We Knew It As We Knew It

A Story by Tina Bee


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Tina Bee