Fifteen: Need Me

Fifteen: Need Me

A Chapter by Tina Bee

“Greg just told me that he hates me more!” I exclaimed to mom who was in the living fixing up some curtains.

 

“Well is that really a surprise?” mom asked me, half listening,

 

“It is to me,” I said and sat down roughly on the couch,

 

Liam was upstairs asleep in his crib.

 

“You’re going to ruin my furniture, Myra,” mom complained and I just pouted.

 

“Mom this is the worse thing that’s happened to me in a long time. How can Greg hate me? I’m the mother of his child,” I said continuing my tirade.

 

“You’re the mother of a son he didn’t even want, don’t leave that part out,” mom said pointedly.

 

“I didn’t exactly want it to be this way either,” I said while I nervously twirled my hair.

 

“I’m not even going to get into it with you Myra, I have guests to entertain,” mom bragged as she moved from the curtains to the coffee table.

 

“What?’ I asked.

 

Mom not taking my agony seriously was too much to bear. I didn’t care about people coming over. I just wanted my pain over Greg to go away already.

 

Ever since mom got married everything became about her and Arthur’s social life. No time was taken out to consider my feelings,

 

“Arthur has a few friends coming over to meet me, I’m very nervous” mom gushed.

 

“Well good for you,” I said, “I hope you have a craptacular time.”

 

“Thanks, I hope so too,” mom said moving on to the dust the television.

 

“Ugh,” I grunted and got up from the couch to head back upstairs.

 

I didn’t know who else to turn to. It seemed at the moment I had no one to turn to. Everyone had heard the story again and again and the drama between Greg, Cadence, and I.

 

I decided to get onto the internet to see if there was some way to vent my frustrations. Liam stirred in his crib, but didn’t get up.

 

After half an hour I gave up and went to my phone. I had no missed calls or text messages. I decided to text everyone and see who would respond. After ten minutes and no response I built up the courage to call Violetta.

 

“Hello?” Violetta said weakly when she answered.

 

“Hey, it’s Myra, how are them babies doing?” I asked with a giggle.

 

“I’m exhausted,” Violetta sighed.

 

“I know how it is the first few weeks. Liam had me running in circles,” I said light heartedly.

 

“Well you don’t know what it’s like with two babies who constantly cry, poop, and spit up all day long,” Violetta said and she sounded more distraught.

 

“Well at least you have someone to help you,” I countered.

 

“No I don’t,” Violetta admitted.

 

“Where’s Sonny?” I asked half in shock.

 

“I have no idea and to be honest I don’t care,” Violetta said vehemently.

 

“Damn, I’m sorry to hear that,” I said.

 

There was an awkward silence on the phone and Liam started to cry.

 

“I got to go, one of the babies is crying,” Violetta said angrily.

“Yea, I’ll talk to you later,” I said and hung up.

 

I went to the crib and picked Liam up.

 

I didn’t know what I was going to do with Greg, but I did know that my son needed me more than ever.



© 2011 Tina Bee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

317 Views
Added on April 22, 2011
Last Updated on April 22, 2011


Author

Tina Bee
Tina Bee

Sacramento, CA



About
My new book, "The Brighter Side of Low" is now up for viewing. Read it today and new chapters have been added as of July 1, 2013. More chapters coming soon! I've completed my second book titled, "A.. more..

Writing
As We Knew It As We Knew It

A Story by Tina Bee


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Tina Bee