Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Kayla :)

It’s the end of the day and I’m at my house while Gina’s at her house with Michael. I’m getting ready to go to the beach; I’m going to see if that guy will follow me there. I want to know who he is and why he’s following us.

Walking down the road I sense someone following me, I’m guessing it’s him. I keep walking till I get to the beach, then I take my sandals off and start climbing the rocks. When I’m at the top I see him in the shadows. I turn to him and just stare we stare at each other for a little while.

Then I decide to talk first, “Why are you following me and Gina?”

“I told you why the other day…”

“You want to kill us? Why?! What did we do to you??”

“It’s not what you did. It’s what you are…”

“Huh?? What I am?”

“Yes… what you don’t know?”

“NO!... what do you mean what I am… I’m just Katrina… nothing else…”

“No… Katrina and Gina half Water half Moon goddess… your father is the god of the seas, your mother is the goddess of the moon and its stars… your mother was out and looking around on the earth when she saw your father laying on the beach staring up at her. Right when they looked at each other, instantly they fell in love. She left the moon and all fell dark for about three days. She came back to the moon and some months later she gave birth to two little girls and gave them to the earth. Your father knew he couldn’t take care of you, so he gave you to your family and Gina to hers. Upset about separating you two, but he knew he had to cause it’s forbidden for moon and any other god on earth to be together. He knew that the other Gods would be looking for you two that’s why he separated you. But they’ve been watching over you two that’s why ya’ll are so attracted to going to the beach at night. That’s where I come in, I found you and I’ve been following you two for quite some time now. I didn’t expect you to see me, but turns out you did and you’re smarter than I expected.”

“So you’re sent by some other ‘God’ or ‘Goddess’?”

“What you don’t believe me?”

“No and Yes… What I can’t believe is that me and Gina are Goddesses? That can’t be true… How could WE be goddesses?... I really think you’ve got the wrong person…”

“I don’t think so… tell me something… how safe do you feel under the moonlight… Can you or can you not breath underwater? Your mother called you a water goddess she was half right wasn’t she..?”

“How’d you know about all that… exactly how long have you been following me?”

“For about nine years now… since you were about 7 years old.”

“Wow… So… I knew I was different but not THAT different… But that doesn’t explain why they want us and if you’re lying or not…”

“Well you are… And I’m not lying, It’s the truth.  I wouldn’t be following you for nothing.  They want you because you are powerful, too powerful. ” He starts to walk closer and I search him for a weapon. A little scared that he’ll try and kill me.

He does have a weapon and he pulls something out of his pocket and right in time Gina runs through. She stands beside me and grabs my hand. We don’t know what else to do then me and Gina look at the water. We turn back to him then jump backwards off the cliff. We don’t let our hands go till we hit the water. Then me and her start swimming deeper and deeper out into the ocean. We stay under the water knowing we could stay under there for days and days at a time. We go till we can’t see the shore anymore, then we go to the bottom of the ocean and just sit there at the bottom.

For a couple minutes I see something shinny, but just think it’s probably a rock or creature of the ocean. Then I think nothing in the ocean is shinny so Gina and I swim over to it. I pick the thing up and see that it’s a necklace that has the moon and a water droplet in the middle of it. It’s not rusted at all and I look over at Gina and she has one in her hand to. Then we actually start believing what that guy said was true, knowing that its not rusted we think that our father put it there for us. So we put it around our necks. Then it starts glowing; the Moon glows white and the Water droplet glows Blue.

We feel that it’s ok to go back to shore now. That we know he’s not going to hurt us and that he’s probably gone and if not… This is our territory he can’t hurt us when the moon is full and we’re on our beach. We start swimming back to shore, really slowly.

When we get to the shore we lay down and we can feel someone watching us, happy and smiling at us. Then something happens that we didn’t expect. Dad comes walking out of the ocean, and Mom comes down from the moon to. Not caring who sees them. We start to stand up but they motion for us to stay lying down. Dad lies down beside Gina and mom sits down beside me. I can see who takes after whom. Dad has Light blue eyes and blonde hair just like Gina. Mom has black hair and dark blue eyes like me.

We sit in silence for a little while then Gina asks, “Why couldn’t you have told us this earlier? Why now when we’re almost seventeen? And why did it have to be the guy that’s trying to kill us that had to tell us?”

Mom and Dad look at each other then answer, “Ya’ll had to figure it out for yourselves, we couldn’t come to you till you figured it out, it’s the rules.”

Gina and I both say at the same time, “Those are stupid rules…”

They laugh “Yea… but it’s only for your safety. If we came to you when No one knew then the other god’s would know who ya’ll were and they would kill you right then… we couldn’t do that.”

Gina says what I was thinking, “We’ve already been threatened that we were going to get killed! And did you not see that guy he had a… weapon thingy… He was going kill Katty and I!”

“We know that… BUT ya’ll did the right thing; you trusted your instincts and hid in the sea. Which is what we’ve been waiting for, for a while now.”

Gina and I look at each other then I ask, “Well… how many times can ya’ll visit us?”

“Only this one time and we can’t stay long, we have to get back to our homes.”

Me and G get mad, “Only this once! What if we need you?!”

“Then we’ll be here… you just got to trust what you feel… we’ll lead you to where you have to go but after that…”

“Ok…” I say, disappointed.

“Well we have to get back. Don’t ya’ll worry at all, ya’ll will be ok… and…” Momma looks at me “Trust in that boy Jake, He knows what he’s doing. If the Hunter comes back you go straight to his house like he says ok? Oh and by the way, I just thought I’d let you know… Everything is about to change, stick together and help each other through everything. You’re not the only two who will go through this.”

“Ok… Wait what?! Mom??”

Mom and Dad each give us a kiss on the forehead and then go back the way they came. We watch them as they go away, a little scared of them leaving but know that it’ll be ok. When they’re gone we lay back down on the beach and stare at the stars some more.

We sit there for a little while and I look over in the shadows and see the hunter standing there. I ignore him; Gina sees him and sticks up her middle finger. He starts to walk over here but stops. I don’t know why, but he does. Then in my head I hear his voice saying ‘I’ll get you some time… you know that, when you least expect it.’

I’m guessing Gina heard it to cause she looks at him and sticks her middle finger up at him again then sticks her tongue out. I start laughing, and look at him, he looks annoyed. I look at Gina and she smiles a little innocent smile. Then I must of passed out cause next thing I know I’m asleep having a dream of Jake. He’s fighting off these people I’m guessing are hunters. He’s really good at killing them. Then I hear my mom’s voice saying ‘His mom is the Goddess of war, his dad is not a god but a protector that his mom fell in love with. They disappeared for a couple days then some months later she had him. He’s taken some like to you; I actually think he’s fallen in love with you.’ I could feel myself blushing in my sleep. ‘I’ve got to go the suns coming up… I’ll talk to you two tomorrow night… don’t be afraid of falling in love Katrina it wont hurt you, your sister has…I know you love him it’s not hard to tell… I got to go now, I love you and I’ll talk to you and Gina tomorrow night…’

I wake up after that and see Gina stirring awake to. When she wakes up we get up, grab my shoes and start walking back to my house. Right when we get to my road Gina looks at me and smiles her evil smile. Then I say;

“What?”

She starts poking me and jumping up and down… “I’m telling Jake you like him!!”

I start blushing “Shut up… you will not…”

“WILL TO!!” She says, walking in front of me.

When we pass his house she starts running up to his house I chase after her but she’s already at the door talking to him so I run off. I get to my house, walk inside and shut the door. A couple minutes later someone knocks on the door. I look out the peep hole and see that it’s Jake. I get scared and run up to my room not wanting to open the door. My mom comes out of her room and answers the door. I can tell that there talking about me and I pull off my cloths and throw them in the closet, put on pajamas and get in bed pretending to be asleep.

I hear the door open and can hear my mom walking across the room to my bed. She checks to see if I’m awake then leaves again I wait till I hear her all the way down the stairs and then peak out my door she says I’m asleep. I see him smile and say ‘ok.’ Then I swear he looks right at me smiles even more and walks away. When my mom closes the door I close mine. I can feel my face turning red then I slide to the floor, not believing Gina ACTUALLY told him that. Let out a deep breathe and get up and go to the curtains to open them.

Right when I open the curtains and look down I see Jake standing there looking at my window. I close the curtains again really fast; I’m going to kill Gina.

I can hear him climbing up the side of the house to my balcony. Then I hear a clicking noise, wondering what he’s doing then realizing he’s lock picking the window.

I start running to the door but I’m to late right when I’m about to open the door. His hand comes out and pins it shut and he turns me around.

“Will you stop running? You’re extremely hard to catch…”

I just smile and try to shove him off but he doesn’t budge. I just cross my arms over my chest; “Could you not corner me between the door and you…”

He smiles, “You might try and run off again…”

We’re both smiling now, “Would I do that?”

“Yes…”

My face starts to turn red. “Whatever you say…”

“So Gina tells me that you like me…”

“She did, did she?” I could still feel my face turning redder by the minute.

“Yea… so it’s true?”

I smile at him “maybe… maybe not…”

“We’ll just half to see now won’t we?”

I look at him, a little confused… “What?”

He smiles then pulls me closer to him. I freeze, and get butterflies in my stomach. Then he leans in and kisses me, my hands go up to his chest and his hands are on my waist. We stay there for a little while then sit on my bean bag chair... I start to relax till I hear someone jumping up and down clapping like a little three year old girl. I know who it is; I stand up and turn around. Walking toward Gina she stops jumping and turns to start running away. I chase after her and catch her this time.

Jake waits in my room smiling, he thinks it’s funny that I want to kill Gina for telling him that. I just look at her in a really mad way. She smiles then I just think back at what just happened and walk back to Jake. He looks up at me and winks.

“So it was true?”

I just smile then plop down on top of him, he’s really comfortable. He wraps his arms around me and I play with the hairs on his arm. I feel so weak near him all the time. Then I lay my head back on his shoulder and fall asleep. When I wake up me and Jake are lying on my bed he’s asleep next to me. I’m laying on top of him, watching him sleep. I try to get up without waking him but realize that’s not going to happen, he has his arms wrapped around my waist still. So I just lay my head back on his chest till he wakes up. 



© 2012 Kayla :)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on June 24, 2012
Last Updated on July 20, 2012


Author

Kayla :)
Kayla :)

Perkinston, MS



About
i love music, I also LOVE to write more than anything in the world... and i have to say writing is my life. I hope to one day become an author. ... I'm really in to horror mixed with romance and fant.. more..

Writing
Growing up Growing up

A Chapter by Kayla :)


Alley Boy Alley Boy

A Chapter by Kayla :)