Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by Kayla :)

 The next morning. I wake up and walk down to the kitchen. I start looking for Jake but instead find a note.

Katty,

I went to the store to buy some things. I'll be back later, I promise I won’t take that long. ~Jake~

I get done reading the letter, put it down and walk to the pantry to find something to eat. Then I start to think about the vision I had last night. Does he really love her? Or was that another trick of his? I hope she's ok... what if they kill her?! God I really need to find her...

"No Katrina," I say to myself, "Don't think that, she'll be ok."

Walking out of the pantry I walk to the refrigerator, going through it I get out the eggs and bacon. Then go to the pots and pans, and grab a skillet for me to cook them in.

When I get over to the stove I put the eggs and bacon down on the counter. Then right when I’m about to put the Skillet down I hear something fall on the back porch. Then out of the corner of my eye I see someone run across, then the dogs start barking.

Still holding the pan I run to the back door, I know that's stupid but. When I get outside I see someone I wouldn't expect to be here.

"What are you doing here Michael?"

He turns around and looks at me, "Hello to you to..."

"I'm serious, what are you doing here?"

"I just need to talk to you... that's all."

"Ok... so talk.."

"You’re pissed. I know but, about last night. You had a vision didn't you? I could sense you watching."

"mhmmm, really now? Well then I have a question, Do you really love her? I saw the way you reacted when she started crying. So do you really love her or was that another trick of yours?"

He looks at the dogs they aren't barking anymore, just laying there asleep. "No trick Katty, I really do love her, I’ve always loved her. Since the first time I met her."

"Then why do you lie to her, if you love her?"

"I have to or they'll kill both of us." He bends down and pets the sleeping dogs.

"Oh...." I look down at the puppies. "Look can you please tell me where the cave is, I really need to find my sister."

He stands up; "I know... I came here to talk to you about that..."

"Well?!"

"You can't go there with only you and Jake... you'll die there's more hunters in there than you know... make a plan... a long plan.... and take your time with it... I’ll keep her alive as long as I can..."

"But how are we supposed to get there?"

"I'll give you a map of how to get to the cave... and one of inside the cave it'll have an X on where Gina is... and yes there's a back entrance to the cave. But I suggest you don't go through the back entrance there's almost all of them are in the back... Go through the one you saw in your vision there's still only those three guarding that one."

"Ok... but... never mind"

"Also bring more people like you with you other wise... your other vision will come true..."

"Wait how'd you know about the vision? I thought you were in the shower..."

"You didn't really think I'd get in the shower when ya'll tell me to so ya'll can talk?" he had this look on his face, he thought it was funny for some reason.

"True... ok then..."

"Look," he goes silent, "I got to go... they’re looking for me..." He reaches into his pocket and pulls out the two maps and hands them to me.

"I’ll see you later... maybe..." He says.

I look at the maps, "yea... see you--" I look up and he's already running toward the fence, then jumps clean over it. "Later...." I just stare at the fence for a little while.

Then remember that I still have the skillet in my hand. So I turn around and walk back in the house.

When I get back to the kitchen I put the Maps on the table. Then go back to the stove and put the skillet down on the stove. Throwing the bacon on there first, and while waiting for them to get done I go find another pan to cook the eggs in.

When I get done making the eggs and bacon, I go to the table and put a plate down for me and Jake. I sit for a while, waiting for Jake to get back, I have the maps beside me and am looking at them.

A couple minutes later I hear a car come up in the driveway. Jake walks in the door with a huge gun bag.

"Please tell me that there's not what I think is in there..."

Jake looks at me with a smile; "What else would be in a weapon bag?"

I just look at the bag as he sets it on the floor next to the counter then he sits where his plate is at. I slide the maps over to him and he opens them and looks them over for a couple minutes.

"Where’d you get these?" he doesn't look at me, just keeps looking at the maps.

"Michael gave them to me..."

He looks at me with a confused look on his face, "Michael??"

"Yep… He gave me those... I don't know if it's another trick or what but, he acted like it wasn't and I trust him... he said to make a good long plan, and to take our time, look for more people like us to help get Gina back, and I agree we need all the help we get. He also said there’s a back way in but not to take it cause that's where all the Hunters are at... so we take the front opening.... but we'll need to do something about the three guards there...."

"Ok.... don't see how you trust him but ok... How are we going to get through the guards?"

"Oh that parts going to be easy.... what's not is finding more people like us, that'll help.... know anyone?"

Jake thinks for a little while looking at the map, "Millions... there all in our school to so it'll be easy to get people to help..."

"Wait.... ALL in our school?? How?"

"Our school is different... Why do you think we do combat training and learn about the Gods and stuff in our school... It's full of people like us, that's what the school is, most are half human though you and Gina are the only ones that are born of two different Gods... Gina and You are probably the most popular girls in school, Ya'll have helped everyone in school to so they'll probably be willing to help without question..."

"Ok... we'll need to call them then... tell everyone to come down to my house or something..."

"No problem... follow me..."

"Ok??"

We get up hiding the maps under a loose floorboard so no one will find them. Then we go outside and get in Jake's truck. I don't ask any questions, I think I know where we're going.

Fifteen minute's later I see the school in the distance. He pulls into the school parking lot and we get out. I’m still not going to ask any questions, I’ve learned to just trust Jake.

He walks up to the front door and Jake pulls out keys, I look at him with a strange look. He just smiles and goes looking through his keys, then sticks one of the keys in the lock and opens the door.

We walk in and I start to feel a little nervous breaking into the school but we do need the help and I trust Jake knows what he's doing.

We walk through the, seems like, never ending hall way. We finally reach the office and I stop, completely frozen to the spot, Jake grabs my hand and looks at me. Then I gather the courage and walk into the office, I really don't like breaking into the school, but I guess I’ll have to get use to it now.

We get into the main office and Jake runs over to the filing cabinets and starts taking all the papers with people’s numbers on it out. I walk over to him and grab the papers.

"Is there anything I need to do?" I ask trying to see if he needs help.

"No not really, we just need all these papers. Make sure no ones in the hall ways for me please, babe."

"Ok..." I'm still a little nervous, but go to the door and stick my head out looking around a little, I notice we left the door open and there was someone standing at the door. I squint trying to see who it is, The Principle!!. I close the door quietly and run over to Jake.

"We left the door open, The Principles here!"

"S**t! Hide..." He says so the principle can't hear him.  He shuts the filing cabinets then runs and hides behind the door. Then I go and hide under the principles desk.

I hear footsteps behind the door then the door opens. The lights flicker on, I feel a knot in my stomach, really hoping he won't find us.

He walks around the room, just looking around seeing what's missing that he can see now then walks out. The lights go off then I hear the door shut, I don't move though, scared that he's still in here. I hear more footsteps not knowing who they are I just stay there. They get closer; then they walk beside the desk and Jake's head pops in front of me.

He smiles as I jump a little from fright, "You can come out now."

I crawl out a little then look around and get out from under the desk. "You scared me..."

He hugs me and laughs a little, "I know..."

"Did you get all the contacts we need?"

"Yea... I think so... c'mon…” He picks up the huge stack of papers and grabs my hand and leads me to the door.

He peaks outside the door to make sure no one was around. Then we slowly walks outside, I could sense someone was watching us. But there was no one around, I turn around checking behind us and see a dark figure beside the door.

"Jake... someone's here..."

We both turn around and I get behind Jake. I knew it wasn't the principle, it wasn't the shape of him. Jake backs up and I hit the wall right where the hallway light switch is. Jake looked back at me, I knew what he wanted me to do.

Finally the figure moves and pulls out a sword. Then comes running at Jake, right when he's almost to us I flick the lights on, the girl covers her face.

"Ah!" she yells not expecting the light to come on, "Warn a person next time, will you?"

Jake looks at her, "If we warned you then that would have ruined the whole thing."

The girl starts to put her arm down, I recognize her, from the vision. "You work for the shadows." I whisper under my breath.

"What was that?" the girl says.

"Nothing... nothing."

Jake looks at me, He knows what I said and also knows who she is. He walks up to her, I don't know if he's going to kill her or just intimidate her. Instead he just walks right up to her and takes the sword out of her hand.

"Excuse you!!" she yells, trying to grab the sword from him, he dodges her.

"You won't need it. Tell me, what do you want? Cause if you came here to kill us your out of luck." Jake says, walking away.

"Why would I do that?" She says, looking at her feet.

"Cause you’re a hunter, I can smell it on you..." Jake says.

"So... Michael didn't kill her when he came over yesterday," she had a look on her face, she was hiding something, "Why should I kill you?"

I look at her, "Because you’re hiding something, and you hate me I know you do. Now would you tell us what you want, that or leave cause I’m in no mood right now to deal with you."

She looks at me with disgust, "Look little girl, I could easily kill you, this guy wont stop me. So don't test me."

"AWW, but it's just so fun testing you," I say with sarcasm, "And if you want to kill me then go ahead and try, I may be a 'Little Girl' But I’m stronger than I look.... Don't judge a book by its cover..." I look around trying to calm down.

"You know what, maybe I just will at least that will get rid of one smart a*s..." She starts walking toward me, Jake is sitting in a chair, he knows not to get between a fight with a hunter and me (or Gina)

"One smart a*s... what? are you calling my sister a smart a*s?"

"She is related to you."

We are nose to nose now, I see Jake sitting in a chair, He's enjoying this. She grabs another sword from her waist, I grab the sword Jake put on the desk.

Then Michael walks out of a room in the back. I look at him;

"Michael?!"

The girl spins around and tries to hide the sword.

Michael Is walking backwards looking at something in the room;

 "I thought I told you not to bring a weapon." Michael says, still not looking at her.

The girl looks down, apparently ashamed, "Sorry Michael, I just..."

He turns around and interrupts her  "Look You wanted to get away from there, I trusted you not to tell anyone about me talking to them and you didn't, then I trust you to come with me and you disobey what I say...I told you no weapons! What else huh? Can I trust you anymore? Don't threaten her if you want to help me... Got it?!"

"Yes Michael... I understand..." she was still looking at her feet.

I raise my eye brows, "Dang Michael... having problems?"

He laughs a little, "Yea just a little."

Jake stands up, "Hey dude..." He still doesn't trust him a little, I can see it in his eyes.

"Hey..." Michael says, backing up a little he sees it to, he looks at me, "He's not going to try and kill me again is he?"

I laugh a little, "No, We've been through it he won't kill you," I look at Jake, "Will you Jake?"

He looks down and backs up, then looks at me... "No... I won't kill him."

I laugh and give him a hug playfully, "So Mikey... What are you doing here anyway?"

"I was following you, I wanted to see when you are going to come get G... The people understand; I told them not to kill her, that she would lore you and him into the cave, and they said they weren't going to and that that was a good idea."

"So... There not going to kill her till I get to her?"

"Exactly..." he said, a little too happily.

The girl looks at him then back at me then me and her both start laughing. Michael just smiles, Jake is sitting in a chair with his cell phone calling people and telling them to meet us here.

While Jake's calling people, me and the other girl just sit there and watch Michael run back and forth.

I look at the girl, "Is he on crack?" I say laughing.

"Oh god I hope not." She said, laughing lightly.

I look at her and smile, "Uh-Oh... I know why you decided to help him... You like him!"

She jumps on top of me covering my mouth, "Shut up! He's hyper not deaf! He’ll hear you." She picks me up and brings me out side in the hallway.

"So you do like him?" I say mocking her.

"Yea..." she says looking at Michael, "But he likes your sister..."

"Yea... he does which kind of scares me..."

"Does your sister still like him? I heard about your vision... and usually in visions you can tell their mood is..."

"Yea she still loves him... but she's really mad at him right now for what he did to her..."

"Yea... I would be to..."

I look outside and see people coming up to the door, "C'mon back in the office people are coming..."

She looked at the people coming up, then we both walk back into the office.

"We'll stay behind ya'll... they might try and kill us..." Michael looked outside.

Jake looked outside to, "Maybe we should go to the cafeteria it's much bigger. Plus this Office won't hold everybody that's coming..."

"Ok..." We all said together.

We grab the stuff that we'll need, the maps a stand to put them on. Then we start to walk to the cafeteria, and just for fun I put a sign up pointing toward the cafeteria wondering if they'll follow.

When we get in the cafeteria we set up the stuff and wait. A couple minutes later a huge crowd of people fill the cafeteria.

We wait about an hour, till everyone gets in and Jake starts.

"Ok... ya'll were probably wondering why ya'll were to come here..." People nodded their heads not saying anything, then he continued, "Well I called because our friend Gina has been taken, by the hunters they were sent by Hades. I just wanted to call ya'll down here because we need help... If you don't want to help your welcome to leave..."

No one stood up, but one girl raised her hand, "If she was taken by hunters, then why are them two of them here? They are hunters to aren't they?"

I walked forward, "Yes they are but they’re helping us..."

She talked again, "Why??"

Michael walked up, "Because I happen to love Gina, and princess here is a really good friend who just doesn't like seeing me upset like this. Now will you hush and let him talk, we don't have all the time in the world. The others could show up here anytime now."

People just stare at us, then Michael sits down and the girl shuts up. Princess sits beside him and rubbing his back trying to comfort him, he has his head in his hands. He looks at her and she just looks back at Jake. Then Jake goes back to talking.

"Ok..." he says looking at Michael, "Yea... Me, Katrina and the sons and daughters of the Goddess of wisdom in battle strategy will go in first, then the rest. Katty and I will kill the other two guards at the door. Princess here will also be guarding the door so don't kill her she's going to lead us to get to Gina and Distract people and stuff.

Then we’ll walk in the cave, be on your guard, and help each other we don't want anyone getting killed. If you see a hunter you can either kill it or lock it in one of the Cages they have. Gina is right here in the very back. When you get there, there will be dozens of guards guarding her. Wait for me and Katrina to get there we're the ones they want, and stay in a group if you get there alone they will kill you. Stay in groups of about eighty or so."

I zoned out thinking of the good times me, Gina, Michael, and Jake had had. Then started wondering what if Jake really did die like in my vision... I don't know what I would do without him... He's been my best friend sense I was just three years old... I went to thinking about life without Jake and sort of canceled out all of what Jake was saying. When I stopped day dreaming people were getting together deciding who to go with when they got in the cave. Michael and Princess just stood there.

They all decided to go ten of each god, ten sons and daughters of the goddess of wisdom in battle strategy, and stuff like that.

Then we all parted to go to our houses and get weapons, sleep, and get food for the journey. It will be a long way to the cave....



© 2012 Kayla :)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
Added on June 24, 2012
Last Updated on July 20, 2012


Author

Kayla :)
Kayla :)

Perkinston, MS



About
i love music, I also LOVE to write more than anything in the world... and i have to say writing is my life. I hope to one day become an author. ... I'm really in to horror mixed with romance and fant.. more..

Writing
Growing up Growing up

A Chapter by Kayla :)


Alley Boy Alley Boy

A Chapter by Kayla :)