Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Kayla :)

      I wake up in the morning, and smell someone cooking bacon in the kitchen. I get up, put my slippers on and walk out of my bedroom. I'm half way down the stairs when I hear a pan drop, a scream, glass breaking. People running around the kitchen, and I hear stuff being thrown.

       I jump off the side rail of the stairs, land on my feet and bolt to the kitchen. I see Gina being dragged out of the kitchen door, she's knocked out. I run for her, grapping a knife on my way out the door. I throw it at the person dragging her. It hits him straight in the middle of the head, going clean through. He falls to the ground, I run over to him and kick him, he doesn't move so I flip him over. His eyes are closed, I recognize him from somewhere but don't know where.

      I don't really care at the moment so, doing what Jake did earlier just in case, Stab him in the chest. No blood came out of the wound when I pull the knife out of him. Right then I understood, he was another hunter. I remember something someone told me before ‘Their hearts keep them alive but they have no blood, that is how you recognize them.’ I didn't understand what they were talking about then, but now I understand completely.

 Then without thinking I see my "dads" old hammer and pick it up. I bring it up over my head and slam it down on the guy with a loud CRACK. I do it two more times then sit down. In the mirror in the kitchen, looking through the door I see my eyes are white. Then I look back down at the guy, bringing my hands over the broken bones. I RIP the bones out of place so I can see the heart. When I get all the bones out of the way, I look at the heart. But this was no heart, it was black, pitch black, but still beating. The guy that I had just ripped to pieces looked at me, I thought I killed him, guess not. So I take the knife that was beside me and bring it down through the heart. The guy opens his mouth to say something, then dies instantly.

 Still shocked by what just happened I let go of the knife and back up against the wall. I stand up and still against the wall, look over at Gina, she's still passed out. Then I notice someone else standing beside her. I go to grab the hammer but was too late, he pops up beside me and then everything goes black. I wake up an hour later in the living room, on the couch. Jake’s standing over me, just staring with a concerned look on his face.

 "What happened?" he asks when he sees that I’m okay.

 I just stare at him for a little while; "They were taking Gina, I tried to stop them. I killed one of them, B..But there was another, one I didn't see when I walked out there. Did they take her?" I say, suddenly worried.

 He was silent for a minute; "She was gone when I found you there..."

That didn't help me, I felt like I was going to be sick. I try to sit up a little but when I do my head starts spinning, then I remember what I did to that guy. I didn't mean to, it’s like this monster inside me just took me over and ripped him apart for me. The heart, it was black, like a hole you just look into trying to see what’s down there but nothing is there. I feel like I am going to be sick.

 "I ripped him apart, I...I didn't mean to. Something inside me just took over." I start crying, "There was no point in it, she was going to get taken anyway so why'd I do it?"

He sits down beside me and starts gently rubbing my back, "She was your sister, you didn't mean to yea, but... nothing could have stopped you not even yourself."

 I look up at him, into his deep brown eyes. I see he's worried about me and something else.

 "What's wrong? You’re worried about something."

"It's nothing, it's just that your vision... its coming true... and I doubt we can stop it from happening."

 Just when I'm about to say something, a throbbing sensation goes off in my head, like someone is stabbing me in the head. I get another vision.

'Everything's blurry for a moment I'm just waking up from passing out. My head really hurts. I'm being carried, over someone's shoulder. I can feel the blood Rushing to my head, then I begin to feel heavy and light headed. But I refuse to pass out again.

 I look around, I try to sit up hoping he'd just put me down and let me walk. But he doesn't he just looks up at me. He's a really ugly man, he's bald, he has a really big bumpy nose like you'd see on the Wicked witch of the west in the old movie The Wizard of OZ, he has brown eyes and... A REALLY BIGHEAD I mean it's like the size of a refrigerator.

He get's a look on his face like he herd what I thought, then throws me on the ground. I hear a loud POP then my whole arm goes numb. I scream, curling up to my arm. Then look around, I’m in some kind of lit up cave, there's a mirror beside me, I look in it and see, not me but my sister Gina. Her hairs all messed up and her eyes looks really scared like she just saw someone get murdered.

I hear someone popping their knuckles and carefully turn around. I see the outline of the guy who was carrying me, in the shadows, but he is not alone there are two other people beside him. One's an older man, I see the outline of his beard running half way down to the center of his chest. Then beside him is a woman, slender figure, by her outline I'd say she's no more than twenty years of age.

 I sit there just staring at them for a little while, they don't move they just stand as if they're waiting on someone. Finally when I was just about to say something, someone walks out of another part of the Cave. I recognize the outline of the person, but I can't see their face through the shadows.

He goes over the edge of the cave and switches on a light that only shines where I am sitting, the rest is in darkness. Gina fidgets a little, she knows who it is, it's too bad it's only a vision, I wish I could read her mind right now.

The guy walks toward her a little, then stops, turns around and waves his hand. The other people in the room go to the entrance of the cave and stand as if to block anyone from leaving. The guy turns back around and walk's in the light.

 Gina backs against the wall, everything goes blurry, she's crying. Then I hear her say; "Michael?!"

 She wipes the tears from her eyes. He starts to walk towards her a little then stops, he looks at the other people at the cave entrance. At that moment I know he really did love her, he only said those things because the other hunters were there.

 He looks at her with a little sadness in his eyes. He starts walking toward her and sits beside her, he tries to wrap his arms around her. She slaps his arms away, gets up and runs to the other side of the light. Sits on the floor and curls up there rocking back and forth.

 I hear Michael's voice in her ear, "I had to do it."

 Gina looks up at him and whisper; "Do what? Lie to me? I told you everything, and you just go and lie, all the time. Go back where you came from, HELL... 'Cause I don't want to talk to you right now.”

He looks at her, but doesn't move at all; "But...G?"

 She get's up and moves again. She sits in front of the mirror and fixes her hair. Her eyes are red and puffy, tears still flow from them.

 Someone walks up behind her, it's the guy that was carrying her. Raises something up then knocks her in the back of the head with it. Everything goes black.'

 I wakeup on the floor, Jake is standing above me, I look at him scared to death, for my sister; "She's in a cave, out in the middle of some forest."

 Jake helps me up and gives me a hug, "We'll find her I promise..."

 "Michael! He's still alive, He was in the cave with her and three others. I don't think he wants to hurt her, the other three I think want to kill her. We've got to get her out of there!"

 He just stands there for a couple minutes thinking. "We've got to find the cave. But first make a plan 'cause we can't just go barging in there."

"There's people guarding one of the entrances to the cave. I don't know about the other side of the cave, I don't even know if there's another entrance to the cave."

 "We'll find a way... You need to sleep, that vision of yours lasted longer than you think."

 "How long??"

 He looks at me, "All day..."

 "No wonder I’m so tired... I hate these visions, but it's the only way we can find Gina..."

 Jake and I stand there looking out the window for a while, then go and walk to my room to go to sleep.

 It takes me a while to get to sleep but I eventually just curl up to Jake, he wraps his arms around me and I fall right to sleep.



© 2012 Kayla :)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on June 24, 2012
Last Updated on July 20, 2012


Author

Kayla :)
Kayla :)

Perkinston, MS



About
i love music, I also LOVE to write more than anything in the world... and i have to say writing is my life. I hope to one day become an author. ... I'm really in to horror mixed with romance and fant.. more..

Writing
Growing up Growing up

A Chapter by Kayla :)


Alley Boy Alley Boy

A Chapter by Kayla :)