Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Kayla :)

When we get back to my house, we go into the living room with Gina and Michael. We tell them about what just happened and about momma’s warning.

Gina was the first to speak, “So… your dream was really a vision or a warning or something?”

“Yea…”

“That’s a little scary.” She looked at Jake. Jake just shrugged, and I hit him.

“Well…” Jake shrugged again, “I’ve had worse visions than that, sent to people by those things.”

I look at him, a little worried that he said that, “Well… this is the first time I’VE ever had a warning sent to me in a vision and it really scared me…”

He hugged me “You’ll be alright…” we all started laughing, we don’t know why though.

“Well these shadows aren’t sent by just any god, I think there sent by Hades… No other god would send shadows to hunt someone down…”

“You’re right it is Hades….”

“So… How do you know?” I look at him, “And how long have you known it was Hades? And why didn’t you ever tell me?!”

“A while,” he starts laughing a little, “and I didn’t tell you because your parents told me not to. Hades is your uncle your fathers brother.”

Gina looked at him, “I thought all gods were related…”

“No… not all of them… if they were then ya’ll wouldn’t be born right now…”

“Oh… Ok…” Gina still looks confused, “So… If he’s our uncle why’s he trying to kill us… we’re related to him…”

“I have no clue…”

I snicker, “Maybe he’s jealous…”

Jake looks at me with a serious look on his face, and Gina thinks it’s a little funny to, snickers then gives me a high five. Then Jake goes silent for a little while, I’m guessing he’s talking to his mom or someone in his head;

 “He probably is…” he says after a couple minutes.

I look at him, “Every time you go silent, do you talk to your mom in your head or something?”

He smiles, “Yes… I do… She say’s that most of the Gods were in love with the Moon Goddess and when she fell for your father Hades got jealous, the other Gods understood and didn’t care. But Hades got Jealous and went after you two when she had ya’ll sent to earth. He couldn’t find ya’ll by him self so he sent the shadows after ya’ll. They’re looking for your weaknesses and now that he’s found them he’s made a plan and he plans on killing all of us. But the other Gods are watching over us and they’ve always been. They’ve found that you can live, but Hades won’t listen. There talking about it right now. He’s mad and is talking about he’s going to kill ya’ll whether they like it or not, He’s disappeared now. And the other Gods are talking about looking over ya’ll and sending some weapons down that can kill the shadows. Your father and mother are just standing in a corner listening to them, your father is pacing.” He goes quiet for a little while again, “She’s stopped talking now. I’m guessing it’s something she doesn’t want us to hear…”

I look at Gina, she looks a little pale, “Why would they think we’re like… mean or something?”

“They don’t that’s why they are trying to convince Hades not to kill you…”

"But won’t he just ignore them and try to kill us anyways? I mean... we are talking about Hades here...."

"We don't know yet... it might be that Katrina's vision may come true or it may not and it changes... we'll just have to find out."

After that it went silent for a while. Finally Michael came back in the room from his shower, we had sent him out earlier, and broke the silence.

"Hey guys what’s up? What did ya'll need to talk about?"

Everyone just sort of sits here silent till finally Gina answered him, "Nothing... it's not important."

He just shrugs and sits down beside her. An hour later we are all asleep in the living room. I wake up around one O'clock in the morning from the same dream I had earlier this day. I have Jake's jacket around me, so I put his jacket beside me and hop over the couch.

I was going to go to the beach when I thought of the hunters and what we just talked about and decide not to. So instead I turn around and go to the backyard instead. When I get on the porch I go and sit on the swing. I sit there for about thirty minutes when I hear something in the bushes. I jump up ready to run back inside incase it was another hunter thing, when a little tan Lab puppy comes out. It looks to be about 6 months old.

I slowly start walking over to it, when I get half way there I sit down in the grass and put my hand out where the puppy can see it. It slowly makes its way toward me, stumbling a little. When it reaches me I pick it up looking for a collar for it. But it doesn’t seem to have one, so I sit there looking for others, wondering if it had any brothers and sisters.

I sit there for about three more minutes when finally I see three glowing eyes peak out of the bushes. They look at the tan puppy and start walking toward me. They look so cute, one of them is black, one’s dark brown and the other one is pure white. I put the tan puppy down and the others run to us and start jumping on me. I sit there and pet them for a little while, they’re really sweet so I decide to keep them.

Suddenly I hear my mom’s voice in my head "Keep them they'll warn you if danger’s near."

After thinking about that, I stand up and was about to go inside, when all three of the puppies start growling. I look down at them and they’re facing toward the door, I turn around to see who it is, and see Michael standing in the doorway.

I try to calm the dogs down when I remember what my mom said. 'They'll warn you of danger.' I start to back up, not knowing him that well since he is new here. He just moved here this year, Gina really trusts him, Should I?

He must've known what I was thinking because then he said, "I'm not going to hurt you..."

"The dogs... my mom said they'll warn me when dangers near... who are you??"

Gina walks outside, "He's a hunter but... He's not hunting. He said he quit.."

"You've known him for only a couple months G! he could be lying to you! Hunters aren’t known for just quitting! How do you know he's not the reason that other guy found us?!"

"He said he didn't even know that guy! I asked him that about a billion times... Katty please believe me, trust me when I say he won't hurt us..."

"Ok... but... I will be keeping a really close eye on him..." I look him straight in the eye and he just stares back.

"Fine with me," Michael says looking at the dogs, "I'm not going to hurt either one of ya'll I promise... and if you don't believe me... that’s fine too."

I look in the doorway behind Gina and Jake is standing there with a look on his face that says he doesn't really believe anything Michael just said. I push past Michael and Gina and go over to Jake, the dogs are right behind me, they’re not growling anymore. Then Jake and I go up to my room, when we get there I throw my bean chair across the room.



© 2012 Kayla :)


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
Added on June 24, 2012
Last Updated on July 20, 2012


Author

Kayla :)
Kayla :)

Perkinston, MS



About
i love music, I also LOVE to write more than anything in the world... and i have to say writing is my life. I hope to one day become an author. ... I'm really in to horror mixed with romance and fant.. more..

Writing
Growing up Growing up

A Chapter by Kayla :)


Alley Boy Alley Boy

A Chapter by Kayla :)