Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Kayla :)

I fell asleep on him again, I didn’t mean to but I did. But right when I fall asleep I have the scariest dream.

‘Running… I’m running from someone, I don’t know who it is and I don’t feel like turning around to find out. I’m looking for Gina and Jake, I can’t find them anywhere. I glance back there’s people in the shadows, a lot of people, I look back at where I’m going. I see Jake fighting one of the hunters. I run over to help him, still looking for Gina, I don’t see her. I run over to Jake and try to help him but he motions for me to keep running. I won’t leave him, I refuse he understands and I ask him where Gina is while fighting off a hunter behind me. He motions for me to follow him, he grabs my hand and we start running. I look down and my necklace is starting to glow a little. When we find Gina My necklace starts to glow really bright. There are Hunters holding her captive. Jake kills them both and I grab her. We see a way and start to run toward it. But I stop running cause Jake isn’t with us, I won’t leave without him. I turn around and he’s killing a bunch of them. I don’t know what to do, he can’t kill all of those by himself. I go to help him but am to late, he gets stabbed by something. I get mad and see buckets of water in some cells and control the water to go over all the hunters and then freeze them. Then I run over to Jake he’s bleeding badly, I start crying cause I know he won’t survive for long if I don’t stop the bleeding. Then I hear my dad saying ‘take the water, it’ll heal him.’ so I do and put the water over the stab, then my hand to and the stab wound starts to heal. When I heal him, I look at him he’s passed out and barely breathing then my mom say ‘he’ll be ok, get out of there.’ So I grab him and start dragging him out the door. He’s really heavy, and Gina comes back and helps me drag him. We put him in the car and then I get in the drivers side and Gina gets in the other side and we drive away from whatever place we were at.’

I wake up on the other side of the bed, sweating, Jake is sitting up on the other side of the bed with a worried look on his face. He reaches over to pull me over to him but I don’t let him and look at all the sweat on me. He just smiles and pulls me over to him anyway. I hug him, feeling so safe near him and a little worried that that dream might actually come true. Still hugging him I look up with a worried look on my face. He kisses me;

“It’ll be ok.” He says, laying his chin on the top of my head.

I let him go and get up to go take a shower. When I get in the shower and the shower started, I sit down and start crying. I don’t want to lose him not now, not ever, I love him to much. So I just convince myself to think that it’s not true, I hope I never lose him.

Jake hears me crying and comes into the bathroom. I poke my head through the curtain. He looks at me; I just smile and hide in the curtains again. He walks over to the curtains and I look out again. He kisses me I wrap my arms around his neck.

“It’ll be ok… none of that is going to happen I promise… it was just a dream…”

“It felt real though, really, really real like someone was trying to warn me. What if it does happen?”

“Then I promise when you’re running toward the door I’ll be right beside you…”

“I hope so… I don’t want to lose you.”

“You won’t… I promise…”

He hugs me even more harder, I feel kind of awkward hugging him while I’m in the shower, so I make him leave. He does as I say but I see a little smile on his face though.

When I get out of the shower I grab a towel and go to my room to change. I thought I’d have to make Jake leave but he wasn’t in there. So I put on a tight black shirt and some jeans and walk down stairs. I find Jake in the living room watching TV and eating cereal. I walk over to him and sit down beside him.

He finishes his cereal and puts his arm around me. I lay my head on his shoulder. Then Gina walks in the front door with Michael, and they sit on the other side of the couch. I tell them about my dream I had and Gina looks a little worried after I tell her. Then she just pushes the dream aside and we watch TV. I look up at Jake then get up and walk away. I don’t really feel like watching TV right now, so I walk outside and head toward the beach. Jake runs up behind me and puts one of his arms around my waist. I reach both arms around him and hug him really tightly.

When we get to the beach, Jake and I sit down and curl up together. The hunter guy comes out of the shadows and Jake stands up and gets in front of me, I stand up behind him and just watch as the guy walks over to us. Jake looks like he’s ready to kill this guy. The guy looks at him and says;

“I’m not here to hurt her. I just wanted to warn you that there are more hunters coming here searching for her. So you might want to watch your back.”

“Why are you warning her when you’ve been trying to kill her for the past nine years?”

“I’m tired of following this girl. I don’t want to hurt her anymore. I’m a little tired of hunting so you don’t have to worry about me anymore.”

I get a little confused “So you threatened me and scared me for no reason at all… nice…”

“Yea… sorry… but I’m tired I just want to have a normal life. Instead of hunting all the time it gets tiring after a while… so I’ll leave you alone,” he bows a little, then disappears into the shadows.

Jake looks around for a little while, then I make him sit down. Knowing the hunter is gone, he relaxes and I curl up to him again. He’s sits there thinking for a little while;

“Something’s not right the hunters don’t just quit to have a ‘normal life’ something’s happening…”

I look up at him, “What if this one actually wants a normal life?”

“I doubt it, there not for backing down. When they hunt something they stick to it, don’t back down for even a second. If they did he would’ve backed off eight or nine years ago.”

“O-Ok…”

After that everything goes silent and I lay my head on his chest again. In my head someone is saying something, it sounds like my mom. ‘He’s right about that. That hunter’s not quitting he has something planned I can feel it. I think it has something to do with your dream you had.’

Thinking about what my mom said I tell Jake “Mom says ‘he has something planned’ and that it has something to do with my dream I had last night.”

“She’s probably right. But we’ll worry about that later. He’s gone for now. Let’s go back to your house; I don’t think we should leave Gina and Michael alone in there.”

“Ha-Ha you’re right. Ok let’s go home…”

As we walk back to my house, I can’t help but feel that there are more of those things watching us. I don’t think they’re sent by just ANY God. Only one god sends shadows to hunt people. I think that it’s Hades, God of the underworld, sending these things. No other god would have these things hunting people. But why would Hades send them, what have me and Gina done to deserve this? I look at Jake, he’s looking around to. I think he knows what I was thinking and believes it, and if I’m right then we have a long road ahead of us. 



© 2012 Kayla :)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on June 24, 2012
Last Updated on July 20, 2012


Author

Kayla :)
Kayla :)

Perkinston, MS



About
i love music, I also LOVE to write more than anything in the world... and i have to say writing is my life. I hope to one day become an author. ... I'm really in to horror mixed with romance and fant.. more..

Writing
Growing up Growing up

A Chapter by Kayla :)


Alley Boy Alley Boy

A Chapter by Kayla :)