Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by Kayla :)

I’m in my own car, driving to a weapon shop. I'm not good with guns so I’m headed to buy some swords, daggers, and grenades.

Heading down the road watching people walk around the street. I finally get to the weapon shop. I park the car in the first spot I find, get out of the car and walk down the sidewalk then go in the shop.

Looking around the first thing I see is guns. I walk to another part of the Store to find the swords. 

When I get to the section with the swords and daggers. I see this beautiful sword that catches my eye, it’s wavy and it sort of looks like it's glowing blue, and I knew I had to have it. I walk up to the sword and grab it off of the handle it's on.

I spin it around, then balance it in my hand. Then I hear someone walk up behind me, but I don't turn around.

"That one is not for sell miss, I'm holding..." He stops when I turn around to put it back. "I know you, you your one of the daughters of the moon goddess and sea god. Gina's been taken... On the other hand grab the sword I have some other things you will need."

I grab the sword, "How'd you know she was taken and who I was?"

He looks back but keeps walking at a speedy pace. "Your mom had a vision of it when you were born and they gave me that sword told me to give it to you. I didn't understand at first but she told me that your sister was going to be taking and to give you that and some more things. They have the power of the moon and the sea in them. They said they could kill anything ya'll will face. Your dad made the weapons your mom made some other things that will also help you. Just follow me I will show you. And I knew who you were because I used to raise you."

I don't say anything else, I just follow him. We go down a tunnel that leads down past the basement. We get to a door that has a lock on it, he types in the code and walks in, and I follow him.

When we get to the end of the tunnel there are things all over the walls. I see another sword that looks exactly like the one I have; a katana, grenades, two small blue hand guns. I also see something to hold all of them in hanging on the wall beside me. Then still looking around I never noticed he was looking through a chest.

He finds what he's looking for and gets up and turns around. He's holding a really short tight blue dress. He holds it out to me;

"Your mother made this for you to wear. Said it was what she wore when she first saw your father."

I just stare at it then reach out and take it from his hands, gently. Not saying anything he turns around and I change into the dress. I find black boots with light blue around the edges and put them on too. Then I go through my purse and find the make-up that I found in an old chest in my attic.

It has Light blue sparkly eye shadow, Dark blue eye-liner, and glittery power, I put them on. I never wear make-up but I decide to wear some this one time.

Then I put weapon holder on, and slide the Katana in the left side of the belt, and the other two swords I strap to my back. I put the Grenades in these little pockets on the belt part, and the two small guns on the right side of my belt.

Then I grab a bag and put whatever is left in the bag, mostly left over grenades and bullets for my guns. Noticing the owner of the store is still watching me I turn to him,

"Thank you..."

"It's nothing.. But if you need any help with anything you know where to find me right?"

"Yea..." I say then I head over to the chest he was looking through and dig through it some more.

At the bottom of the chest I find an album, I take it out and look through it. In the album there are a bunch of pictures of my mom and dad with me and Gina when we were just babies.

Looking through it I realize how much I really want my sister back, and how awful it would be if I would lose her. Then I also realize how wonderful it would be if my real mom and dad were sitting here with me looking through them with me.

I feel a hand on my back. Tears falling from my eyes, I look up its kind of blurry from the tears. But I can see, the guy sits down beside me and looks at the album. I flip to the next page and see me, Jake and Gina when we were about three years old. Beside us all is the shop keeper, I look at him.

Sniffing I say, "It's you..."

He smiles a sad smile, "Yea, I was supposed to be the one to raise you two but Hades was looking for you so I had to give you two to a different family. I didn't want to but..."

"They made you our god father?" We're both looking at the picture now with tears in our eyes.

"Yea... They told me to take good care of you two... But when Hades' men came I had to hide you two, so I gave ya'll to those people. They're really good friends of mine, I watched ya'll every day. I was at all your birthday parties. I just wish I could have thrown more than two of them though. Ya'll were my life I really loved you two. Your parents knew that too..."

I lean on his shoulder, whipping tears from my eyes, I flip through the album some more. We sit there for about thirty more minutes flipping through the album.

When I finish I put the album back in the chest. "Why does Hades hate my parents so much?"

"Because he can't stand to see his brother so happy and in love. And he hates to think that there are children that are just as powerful as him and the rest of the Gods are."

"That's why he wants to kill us? 'Cause he's jealous?"

He laughs a little, "Yes and no..."

"That's a really stupid reason to want to kill someone..."

"Yea... well..."

I look through the chest again and find a loose picture and pull it out. In the Picture I see my dad in a black suit and my mom in the same dress I’m wearing now, holding me and my sister. I flip to the back of the picture and find a piece of folded up paper taped to the back of it. I gently pick it off, not wanting to rip the Picture. Then I unfold it, there's a small little paragraph on it.

Dear Katrina,

If you're reading this then I'm guessing Gina's already been taken. I wrote this for you to tell you that I love you. I also want to tell you that you will face a lot of dangers when going to find your sister. The vision you had or will have about Jake will come true no matter what. But I want you to know the extent of you power, you will save him I will tell you how when you are ready. I'm always with you and you know that.

Love,

Mom

 

"She wrote that just before she had to leave."

I fold it back up and stick it back to the picture. Then grab the album and stick it in there.

"You know you can have that right?" The shop keeper says.

"Yea... I know but, for now it stays here. I forgot to ask you, I don't know your name. Sorry."

"It's ok. My name is Sudesh. It's Indian for Strong, wise, and skilled."

I never noticed he was Indian till now, looking at him he has dark brown medium length hair, brown eyes, and he's dark tan.

"Wow... I didn't notice that you were Indian..."

He smiled and chuckled a little; "yea..."

I look at the clock that's hanging on the wall, I've been here for almost two hours now. "I really wish I could stay here but I really got to go."

"I know, I know..." He says, getting up.

I close the chest and get up to, then we both head back up stairs. When we get back to the main entrance I say goodbye and head for my car.

Right when I get in my car I realize I left my bag in the shop. I open the door to get out and Sudesh runs out of the store with the bag in his hand.

"You left this down stairs."

"Thank you.... I was just about to get it."

"I went down stairs to shut the door and found it laying next to the chest."

"Thank you so much.."

"No problem" he says as he starts to walk off.

I check the bag to make sure he didn't drop anything and put it next to me in the passenger side. Then I start the car and pull out of the parking space.

When I start driving down the road I see someone in the middle of the road laying down. I stop the car, then look around the woods next to the road.

I get out of the car slowly, feeling like someone's watching me, and walk over to him pulling a throwing knife out of my boot and speed up toward her.

I don't like this one bit, but I have to see who it is. I go over to him and stick my throwing knife back in my boot and pull my sword out of the holder on my back.

I stick the point to their neck and he roles over. He has bruises and cuts from some type of weapon all over him.

"Don't hurt me anymore please." he says with this scared look in his eyes.

"I'm not... I'm not one of those things that have been doing this to you. I just sort of found you out here like this." I say pointing to my car and holding a hand out to help him up.

He hesitates for a moment then grabs my hand, he stands up with trouble. I bring him to my car and check the scratches on his face. One of them looks like it's infected. I tell him to get in the car and I get in the drivers seat and start driving down the road again back towards Sudesh’s store.

I stop the car at Sudesh's shop again and tell him to get out. He does and we go in the shop together. I don't know why I stopped here I just had a feeling that I needed to stop here.

I see Sudesh at the counter then disappear and walk to the door with a shot gun. He had this look in his eyes and I knew that he didn't like this guy. Which is good because now I’m not the only one.

I look at the guy and can see he's nervous now. He keeps walking but stops at the door, Sudesh is still standing at it. I put my hand on the guys back and lightly push him toward the door.

"He won't hut you..." I say laughing a little, "Much..."

I walk up to Sudesh and he says, "Who is he??"

"I found him laying in the middle of the road. Probably got attack by the hunters, or is one..."

The guy stops, "hunters?"

"Yep..."

"The things that attacked me... They wouldn't come out of the shadows... like they didn't want to be seen or it hurt them."

"Probably didn't want to be seen... if they stuck to the shadows... how did you get in the middle road?" I say a little curious now.

"I was walking out in the woods with my gun, hunting, when I herd someone behind me. I turn around and someone grabbed my gun and threw it. I went to grab for it and someone hit me in the face that’s how I got this bruise," he says pointing at his eye, "Then I fall to the ground trying to get up I get scratched by sticks that are stick up out of the ground and I see something glint and feel a knife or something jab in my for head," pointing at the infected cut on his forehead.

"Then I start struggling and the knife slid and stretched the cut. I kicked the person on top of me and they just flew off of me and I start running again. When I got to the road I felt something fly into my back. I then turned around and saw that the person is still standing in the woods. I felt around my back and found the knife and pulled it out. Then threw it back at them and they catch it and then disappeared after that all I remember is you poking me in the back of the head with a knife. So I’m guessing that I passed out after that."

Sudesh and I are quiet for a little while then I say, "Take your shirt off and turn around."

He just looks at me for a while like he was deciding whether to take it off or not, then finally he did.

He took his shirt off and faced the wall showing me and Sudesh the gash in his back. It’s still bleeding a little, I look at Sudesh;

"Can you help him or do I bring him to a hospital?"

"No I can help him."

"Ok... I’m staying here though 'cause I really don't trust this guy."

"Ok."

He disappears down stairs and then comes back with a First Aid Kit. He pulls out some thread and a needle. Then starts stitching the gash on the guys back. It doesn't take him long then he stitches the one on his forehead.

When he's done I get up and drag him up with me. I pull him to eyes length.

"Ok now that you all stitched up..." I say running my knife over his stitches, "Tell me who you really are. Because they don't just attack random people you had to have done something to them. Or are one of them and is trying to trick us."

He smiles and I know he's a Hunter. Then I say, shoving him to the floor, "You... Go back to hell."

I pull the dagger out of my shoe and sit on the Hunter, my knees on both of his hands so he doesn't try anything. Then I take the knife stab it through the middle of the chest then just to make sure on each side to then I slit his throat. I get up just looking at him.

"Dang Katty, you could of just stopped at the middle."

"Yea well had to make sure, 'cause it didn't work last time."

I get a trash bag and put him in it, walk outside and throw him in the passenger side.

"I'll see you late Sudesh, hopefully." I say as I drive off.

I look back and see Sudesh waving and I wave back. When I get to the spot where I found him I keep driving but pull over to the side of the road, open the door and shove him out. I know the other hunters are there so they'll see him and take him somewhere else.

Then I close the door and keep driving back to my house. When I get there I grab my stuff and walk up to my room.

When I get to my room I see Jake asleep in the bed with his bag of guns next to him. I put the bag in the closet, lay down next to Jake and go to sleep. 



© 2012 Kayla :)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on June 24, 2012
Last Updated on July 20, 2012


Author

Kayla :)
Kayla :)

Perkinston, MS



About
i love music, I also LOVE to write more than anything in the world... and i have to say writing is my life. I hope to one day become an author. ... I'm really in to horror mixed with romance and fant.. more..

Writing
Growing up Growing up

A Chapter by Kayla :)


Alley Boy Alley Boy

A Chapter by Kayla :)