Chapter 9

Chapter 9

A Chapter by Ugonnafail

His eyes bore down at us, a crappy shade of brown.

"Go!"  I yelled, nearly screaming it. I tried to shove her out of the way, but my hand only passed through her. Our eyes widened, and she got the message. She jumped away, still holding the grenade launcher, and Camus blew fire. The heat slowed me down, but the flames didn't burn like they should have. And I fell through the roof.

I fell into the frozen groceries aisle, ashes in a circle around me. Come on, Collin, I thought. Need some help here, wouldn't you think? I tripped over my shoelaces and shut my self in one of the refrigerators to cool down. Calm down, Emmanuel. He can't touch you, you can probably touch him. If he doesn't see you, right at this moment, big crashes, muffled by the refrigerator door. My breath is not there. Wait, what? I breathe on the fridge door, but no steam. Or fog. Or anything on the glass. Am I half zombie? I wonder what Emily would say if I told her that she might be dating something that's half dead. I checked for my pulse. It was there. Well, we learn things at the most inopportune times. More big crashes. Tiny flares outside the fridge. I moved some stuff out of the way and walked into that center place where workers used to come back here and restock food items. More great crashes, but farther away. Good, so you have to find a way to get Collin, Keva, and Emily down here,  get that dragon in here and freeze him in a gigantic block of ice. It was worth the pain I would later endure. I sighed and ran.


I jumped straight out the freezer, remembering to unlock both sides. It felt so good to run, but with every step, I was already experiencing pain. Every stride, sharp knives dug onto my legs, hot, searing daggers slicing my muscles to ribbons. I wasn't becoming tired; just in extreme pain. I'm almost there, my eyes were tearing up from the pain. Just need to reach Collin, just need to reach that friend who tried to torch me today. Laughter bubbled up from my chest as I thought about how ridiculous that sounded.

"Collin!" I shouted, still running in the parking lot. "Collin!" My voice rasping. I looked up to where Keva and Collin had come, and didn't see them. I collapsed on the parking lot, face down.

"Were you looking for me?" I turned over and looked up. Collin was standing over me, Keva next to him.

"Camus," I said. I weakly pointed in the direction of Dissmore's. "Freezer," my voice barely a whisper,"unlocked. Llamas. Block. Ice. Into freezer. Emily. NOW," The world spun, and the last thing I remember hearing was,

"Oh, God, I can't here what he's saying"



© 2015 Ugonnafail


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

410 Views
Added on December 31, 2015
Last Updated on December 31, 2015


Author

Ugonnafail
Ugonnafail

Pullman, WA



About
Currently living in Pullman Washington. Needed a website to write in, so I came here. Ugonnafail is my gamer name in Tanki ( I gave that one away to Brayden N., so I use the Username clappe for tha.. more..

Writing
Cameron Darker Cameron Darker

A Chapter by Ugonnafail