Chapter 16

Chapter 16

A Chapter by Ugonnafail

My heart hammered against my chest. They knew, they already know, whoever they are. I started to feel really dizzy. I pressed my head against the key board, pressing random keys. The plug came loose from my hand and fell to the floor with a thud. The white light which had once flooded the room with white light died away. How? I asked myself. And why? Why not Keva, and Collin, and Emily, but just me? Who recorded this? Did the Master do it? Probably not, I'm sure he wouldn't record something just for me to see. Or was he trying to send me a message? Or does have nothing to do with the Master? I looked up, through the windows in the roof. Surprisingly, it had not been cracked or destroyed like the ones in the office. It was pitch black, a cold, winter night. Frost spread across the windows, and it felt colder in here than it probably was out there. I picked my head up and got up from the chair. I felt awake and alert, like a person who woke up from two or three day's coma. Oh, wait. Ha, I'm hilarious.

I pushed open the doors, and as soon as I did, I heard the scampering of feet. The information had said that I "cannot be sensed under certain circumstances". I intended to find out if I could do so at will. I focused, like I did when I jumped through walls and deflected water balloons. Just somehow, I couldn't see my hands anymore, though I had a good feeling of where they were. I ran towards the direction I heard the sound. Two dark figures, one comically larger than the other, carrying something large in between the two. I started running, ignoring the consequences. I got in more detail as I did; the larger one was only slightly taller than me, maybe even as I tall as I am. He had a hood over his head, a gray one, I think, and frayed sneakers and sweatpants. The shorter one had much better shoes on, the price tags still on them. I think I saw a Nike logo on them, or is that Adidas? I dunno, it had a check thingy. Had on a jacket, no hood, he had hair black as the night sky. He looked sort of familiar. I slowed down as I caught up to them. Pain was already flaring up my feet, coming up in jolts. The edges of my vision were now streaked red, a sign that I was pushing my limits. I started walking again, then stopped. I don't really need to find out who these guys are, probably some poor scavengers or something. But I wanted to know what they were carrying, maybe one of the school's backup generators. Even so, if it were a generator, it wasn't any of my business, was it? A headache hit the side of my head, and I fell on the floor. I picked myself up, and tried to get out of the school.

I literally walked straight out the door, not bothering to push it open. All the cars in the parking lot were either burned out, or had broken windows. Across the windshield, spray painted in red, were the words, "The Master is of All." I shook my head and continued down the parking lot. Another car, a turquoise Volkswagen, spray painted this time in black, saying, "Ghost can't save you now." My headache became worse; I stuck out my hand towards the Volkswagen zapped it. Metal grew red-hot, a steaming hole where my hand was pointing. I looked down, and in chalk, there were the words, "Breathe you last." Pounding pressured my head; I felt like I was going to explode. In the distance, I heard the squeal of tires. The pounding became words. I am coming to get you, Ghost. I dropped to my knees. A horn blared, indistinctly. Maybe it was in front of me but I didn't care. I am going to overrun this place until it is barren, I am wiping out this world, one man at a time, whether or not you are 'gifted'. Soon, I will be the only one who is 'gifted'. He laughed, but it sounded more like a steel knife on a chalk board. And I've never heard of what a steel knife on a chalk board sounded like, but I just knew, somehow. My head hit the ground, hands grabbed me, but I couldn't feel a thing.


I am coming to get you, Ghost.


Ghost.



© 2015 Ugonnafail


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

411 Views
Added on December 31, 2015
Last Updated on December 31, 2015


Author

Ugonnafail
Ugonnafail

Pullman, WA



About
Currently living in Pullman Washington. Needed a website to write in, so I came here. Ugonnafail is my gamer name in Tanki ( I gave that one away to Brayden N., so I use the Username clappe for tha.. more..

Writing
Cameron Darker Cameron Darker

A Chapter by Ugonnafail