Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A Chapter by Ugonnafail

"Hello? Anyone in there?" I sat up groggily in the middle of nowhere. Literally. I was sitting on something white, I bet is was the ground, but I dunno, since the sky was white, and the walls of this something was white, and there wasn't a thing that wasn't white. Except for myself. I looked down at my hands, and they were sort of transparent, but they had a slight pale, tan-ish color to them. I looked down at my torso, and I saw my blue collared shirt, buttoned up all the way. A pair of jeans on my legs, on my feet, leather shoes.

"Where am I?" I asked that voice. It sounded familiar.

"You are currently at your house." Yeah, sure I was.

"No, you really are at your house. Right now you are inside your head."

"Woah, did you just mind read me?"

"Yeah, and I'm sitting behind you right now." I turned around, and true enough, sitting in a wooden chair, elbows on a wooden table, was Katie. She wore a purple-velvet jacket over a flowery dress. Her hair was in braids. "The clothes? They were the only one I found that I could think of."

"You picked out my clothes for me? What are you, my mom?" She laughed.

"You know, Emmanuel, you're still not conscious. Your body is in the basement. We tried placing your body on the bed inside the room we assume is your room. Now, we can't even touch you. Our hands go straight through you." She leaned back on two legs of her chair and stuck her feet on the table.

"That still doesn't explain my clothes."

"Oh, those? You are in a sort of half world. What you see," She spread her arms, "Is my mind."

"Well, your mind is pretty empty, except for the fact that I'm here," I always liked being a smart-alec. I took a seat at her table. Two cans of Coke appeared between us, and she  took one. I took the other.

"Actually, I'm purposefully keeping it empty so your mind doesn't doesn't explode. And don't imagine it, you're not as talented as I am. I'm seeing everything your imagining, and I can tell you, you're very worried about Emily. I know you at the moment better than you know yourself." That was true. I just realized how much I had already missed her.

"How long have I been out?" I asked. I popped open the tab of mine. She was already guzzling her's down.

"Mm, about three days. Emily has been fretting about you the entire time. Wouldn't sleep for the first two days."

"Wait, and you didn't try to wake me  up? Her health has started to decline on the first day! And I needed to go pick up Nick, and Brayden to act as my body guards, and-"

"It's all taken care of, relax Emmanuel." She said calmly. "This is the first time you've responded to me. I've been listening into your head, unable to do anything. I'm hoping that because you've actually started to talk back, you're improving."

"How long has this been going on?"

"What, your condition? Three days, I told you already,"

"No, I mean this ability."

"You don't need to interrogate me to find out."

"Well then, Ms. Katie, would you so ever-so-kindly tell me when the f**k you knew you could do this?" I was getting annoyed. She threw her can behind her, and the can disappeared in midair.

"Well, Mr. Ghost, not with that attitude."  Calm down, Emmanuel, she's just being a really annoying b***h right now, you got this.

"Well, I'll make you a deal, Katie,"

"I'm all ears." She leaned forwards and put her elbows on the table. I leaned back on the back two legs of my chair and set my feet on the table. I smiled and took a sip from the coke. Tasted like Coke. She was scowling.

"If I tell you a fatal weakness I posses, you will tell me when you got this ability to read minds. You might even be more useful if you can bend others to your will."

"Nah, I tried mind bending and illusions. I'm stuck with this for now. And I'll even try to wake you up after this deal. Not like I didn't try before. Emily can be quite persuasive, did you know?"

"I've known her since first grade. I probably know her better than she knows herself, due to a car wreck. Do we have a deal?" She thought about this, and stuck out her hand. I shook it. I started whispering in her ear, and she nodded.

"Alrighty than, I knew of this ability since towards the end of seventh grade." There. Boom. Short and simple. Around the time I became aware of my abilities. Possibly even the same time. This piece ot information is quite useful. Now, if only I got everyone elses...

"Well, a deal's a deal, let's see what I can do," the can disappeared from my hands, and the table and chair we were sitting in disappeared, and I fell,


and fell,



and fell,





into a swirling void.






"Emmanuel?" I sat up groggily. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, great, and rested. And I got to get a job done."



© 2015 Ugonnafail


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on December 31, 2015
Last Updated on December 31, 2015


Author

Ugonnafail
Ugonnafail

Pullman, WA



About
Currently living in Pullman Washington. Needed a website to write in, so I came here. Ugonnafail is my gamer name in Tanki ( I gave that one away to Brayden N., so I use the Username clappe for tha.. more..

Writing
Cameron Darker Cameron Darker

A Chapter by Ugonnafail