Chapter 13

Chapter 13

A Chapter by Ugonnafail

Other two thugs: same story. I shot the last one in the leg and he tried to run, but Collin literally froze him in his tracks. The guy's got frost bite all over his body. He's melting in that grave right now.

"Get in the van, Shay," I said.

"No, you aren't cutting off my arm, you don't know what the infection chance is, you don't know what my dead arm means to me you-" I cut him off with a wave of my hand.

"Collin?" Collin stands up from his chair and stretches.

"You know, Emmanuel, it's not always easy to do my thing, you know." He says lazily.

"Well, today better be an exception, or else this friend of mine will turn into a zombie." I answered, mimicking his laziness.

"No, Collin, seriously, my arm isn't that bad, I'll live. I just-"

"Sorry Shay, I really like you man, and remember, nothing personal."

"Sure uh, what are you doing with your ha-" as Collin throws a freaking rock at Shay's head. Shay crumples to the floor, a big gash on his forehead.

"I was hoping you'd make him pass out with ice, but I guess this works as well. And couldn't you have at least waited until I threw him into the car?"

"Eh, if I froze him, he would've probably died of cold."

"I get your point. Help me get him on the car."

I drove, Collin sat shotgun, Emily and Keva sitting in the back, Emily on because I we might need some surgeon's tools, and I prefer to have them directly from the hospital. Keva here because, well, I dunno, maybe just to accompany Collin, but as I said, I dunno. I left Gabe, 

When we reached the school, Emily got a stretcher and we pushed Shay to the school's wood-shop. I've been there twice, and that was where they printed the robotic arms for amputees. Perfect for times like now.

"Okay, Keva, go find the blueprints for them robotic arm, stay next to me Collin, Emily, get a knife that's used in surgery." Keva rushed off to the computers.

"Do the computers still work?"

"They better, or I'll get pissed. Besides, our house still gets electricity."

"Yeah, and this place has some flickering lights around here, what happens if we can't print it?" He asked skepitcally.

"I'll take care of it." D****t! You just gave away an edge you can use against him if he suddenly hates you! Why are you so stupid Emmanuel! Stupid, I tell you, stupid Emmanuel!

"Oh, how?"

"I can, uh, do this thing with electricity?" Come on, please hope it's fake or a bluff, please, oh please,

"Care to demonstrate?" No, m**********r, I really wouldn't mind blasting your face off with electricity.

"Not now, and not here. Maybe some other place."

"Got it!" Keva and Emily yell at the same time. Emily had been sitting next to us, eyes shut, probably focusing, and now, in her hands, was a clean, sharp scalpel. Keva came running in from the classroom, and the printer behind us started to hum and lights were shutting off.

"Emmanuel?"

"What?" I snapped. Not in the best of moods, when your friend is sort of knocked out on a table, waiting for you to reattach an arm.

"I think you might want to get that printer hooked up to a power device before it soaks up all the electricity in the building." Collin looks at me.

"Alright, alright. Collin, you get Shay, I got printer." I walk over to the printer and unplug it. Sparks fly from the outlet and zap me, but I don't feel so much of a poke. The plug in my hand, I concentrate, thinking of lightning storms, and the time I got zapped with my Angry Birds lamp, and how...

The printer came back on-line, humming louder than usual. I looked down at my finger tips. They were glowing white, smoking at the tips. The metal was white as well, but I'm not sure if that's good. The lights all come back to life, in a normal pattern, like a normal life, after all that s**t I had to go through...

"Emmanuel?" I look up. Emily is standing over me. "The arm is done." I looked up, and indeed, the machine had stopped making noises, so I popped open the cover, and all the parts had been assembled into what I guess resembled an arm. I tried to stand up, but darkness spread across my vision. I stumbled, and Emily held me up. " Are you alright?" She asked. Sparks flew from my fingers. My knees buckled, and my head became heavy, and I dropped to the floor. "Collin!" She nearly screamed. By now, I couldn't see anything, and my head met the cool, hard, concrete wood.



© 2015 Ugonnafail


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

473 Views
Added on December 31, 2015
Last Updated on December 31, 2015


Author

Ugonnafail
Ugonnafail

Pullman, WA



About
Currently living in Pullman Washington. Needed a website to write in, so I came here. Ugonnafail is my gamer name in Tanki ( I gave that one away to Brayden N., so I use the Username clappe for tha.. more..

Writing
Cameron Darker Cameron Darker

A Chapter by Ugonnafail