To Kiss the Blade: Liu Fai: {3}

To Kiss the Blade: Liu Fai: {3}

A Chapter by Varissa Darke

Chapter 3: Cai Mao's POV

          "Is this her?" I asked as my wife revealed the sleeping child. "No." She joked. "I got the wrong kid!" I chuckled and took the girl in my arms. "So this is the Goddess of Beauty and Strength? Amazing. She is to be raised as our daughter, then perhaps marry Cai Wan?" My wife grinned. "Of course! That's a brilliant plan! Why, our oldest son deserves nothing but the best for his wife, and if this girl turns out to be the great warrior and beauty that has been predicted, then he would definitely have the best."

Cai Wan's POV:

           I stood silently in the doorway, trying to see what mother and father we're going on about. Mother had just gotten home from her trip, but she's brought something home with her. As they talk, I hear the name, Cai Fai, along with my name continuely. I don't wish to disturb them though, I'm afraid that they may be discussing something important, and that I shouldn't even be anywhere near right now.

            Finally, I stepped into the room and caught their attention imediately. In father's arms was a baby, similar to my younger brother, Cai San, when he was first born. "Cai Wan!" Mother cried out happily. "Come meet your new sister!" A sister? I've only had one brother so far, although the life I've lived so far is short, being only the age of 5.

           "Do you want to hold her?" Mother asked. I nodded, and father pulled up a chair for me to sit in. My mother put the little girl in my arms. "What's her name?" I asked. "Cai Fai." This must be why mother went on that trip, to go get Cai Fai. But when Cai San was born, she stayed here to get him. I guess this is just another of those things I won't be able to understand until my older.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Liu Fai's POV:

             "San! Don't be mean! Give it back!" I hopped up and down, trying to get my stuffed rabbit, Tiger, out of San's grasp. But he's so tall! It's hard! "Oh come on, Fai, you know I'm only teasing you. Here you go." He chuckled and patted my head as he handed Tiger back. "Thank you!" I clutched Tiger tightly in my hands and ran off to the next room, where I found Mother playing with my sister, Cai Xi. I was a little less than a year old when she was born, so I don't remember any of it.

            "Hello, Fai." I knelt down beside my mother. "Hi!" I waved to Xi, but she just sat there and gave me an odd look. I know we are only about 9 or 8 months apart in age, but I still feel like a big sister. "Hi..." she said slowly. I don't think she really likes it when I talk to her like she's a baby. But it's just a habit!

            Wan came running through the halls, almost knocking me down. "Oh, Fai! Guess what." I took a second to regain my footing. "What? Why are you running?"  He grinned and pulled a long, slim blade out of a little case strapped to his hip. "I got my first sword today! I get to start training soon, and in a few years, I get to fight in all the battles!"

            "Really?" I asked, admiring the sword. "Wow! I can't wait until I'm seven!" Wan slid the sword back into the case. "It's called a katana. And actually, I think I heard Father say that you might get to train earlier. Maybe when you're five or six." I grinned. "Really?" He nodded. "Hooray!!" I was so excited, I ran back through the castle until I found San, so I could tell him about it. I can't wait to be a warrior!!



© 2010 Varissa Darke


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on July 21, 2010
Last Updated on July 21, 2010


Author

Varissa Darke
Varissa Darke

AR



About
Hi! My name is Abby, or Varissa to some. I am the 6th child of 8. I love music, such as AFI, Cinema Bizarre, Tokio Hotel, Before Their Eyes. (Just to name a few.) I love anime, including Vampire Knigh.. more..

Writing