To Kiss the Blade: Liu Fai: {6}

To Kiss the Blade: Liu Fai: {6}

A Chapter by Varissa Darke

     Very soon after that, I started training less with Cai San and more with Cai Wan. I'm not sure mother or father found out about our kiss, or if they've just decided it's time for us to start being around each other more. Soon, I was training only with Cai Wan. I didn't like him as much as Cai Wan. He wasn't as handsome, nice, or even as strong.

~~~~~~~~~~~

       The time seemed to pass slower, but eventually, I finally reached the age of 13. I was both excited and not excited about. I was lucky, because I could finally battle now. And being that we've just engaged in war with the Blue Kingdom, I shall be going to battle soon.

       I fished out my battle clothing. a red silk shirt, revealing my stomach and a short scarlet skirt. Sadly, most women did not wear proper armor in battle. I asked Cai Mao about this once and he told me that it creates a good distraction and also can cause out opponents to underestimate us, and then when they battle us, we fight with more strength than they prepare for, so we can easily defeat them.

       I tied my long black hair back in a golden band. I tied my sheath around my hips and placed my sword in.  I gazed into the mirror one last time and smiled, happy with myself.

      I turned around to my ladies-in-waiting. "What do you think?" I asked. One came forward, grinning.

      "It's only missing one thing." She said, holding out a pink flower. "It's from Cai San." she said, tucking the flower into my hair. "For luck."

        I turned back to the mirror. Now, I knew everything was perfect. I was now feeling more confident than ever and, ready for anything that dared come my way, I marched right out the door and joined the other warriors participating in the battle, including Cai San, Cai wan, and Cai San's fiance.

       The battle changed my life forever. I trudged right through the golden fields, slashing through the enemy right away. The wind roared as I soared across the battlefield. I was already proving myself worthy of my nickname. They were all calling my the Goddess of beauty and Strength before I had even stepped onto the battlefield, so I was lad to know that their hopes weren't wasted.

         Cai Mao had told me to avoid all generals possible, and so I did. I went after the bodygaurds and privates while the more experienced warriors tackled the generals. Most were targeted and taken down fast, but the king of the Blue Kingdom was nowhere in sight.

       While Cai Wan was battling a general, Cao Hen, arms of bodygaurds wrapped around me and carried me away, into the forest without being seen by the eyes of anyone. They'd caught me off guard and were to fast for me. there were too many and I was surrounded. Everytime I'd try and struggle, one would jab me with a spear.

      I was thrown out of the circle onto the ground. "Hello there." A deep voice greeted. A shiver tickled my spine.



© 2010 Varissa Darke


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
Added on September 6, 2010
Last Updated on September 6, 2010


Author

Varissa Darke
Varissa Darke

AR



About
Hi! My name is Abby, or Varissa to some. I am the 6th child of 8. I love music, such as AFI, Cinema Bizarre, Tokio Hotel, Before Their Eyes. (Just to name a few.) I love anime, including Vampire Knigh.. more..

Writing