To Kiss the Blade: Liu Fai: {7}

To Kiss the Blade: Liu Fai: {7}

A Chapter by Varissa Darke

      I gritted my teeth together, and dared to spin around and hold my blade out. My confronter simply laughed. "Young, foolish girl." He hissed, beginning to pace around me. I followed his eyes, keeping a firm grip on my sword.

      "What do you want? Want a battle? I'll be sure to give you one you won't soon forget!" He gave another hearty laugh. As he continued to examine me, he lifted a hand to his chin, beginning to stroke his short black beard.

       "She'll certainly do." He whispered to himself. My eyes widened and I finally swung my sword his way. He instantly pulled out his blade and blocked my attack with no effort.

        He leaned closer to me, with his teeth barred as he said, "Foolish, foolish young girl." again. "Why don't we make a deal?" I hesitated, then drew my sword back and stuck it in the ground beside me.

         "What's on your mind?" I crossed my arms and began to lightly tap my foot. He smiled, clearly pleased with my cooperation.  "Hmm...Maybe your smarter than I thought." He slid his sword back into it's sheath and crossed his arms across his chest.

          "Dear girl, are you pleased with your current life?" I wasn't sure about the answer right away. I had my family who had loved and cared for me. I had Cai Wan, even though I did not truly love him or even really like him, and I had...actually no. I didn't have Cai San. he wasn't mine. "No." I said, instantly shocked with the answer I'd given.  He nodded, a sincere look on his face, that actually helped calm my nerves a lot.

       "I will not lie, I know who you are, Cai Fai, Goddess of Beauty and Strength. I believe you would be a valuable addition to my kingdom. I would like for you to come and join my army and live in my kingdom." I gasped. How could he ask me to leave my home, my family, my life, and expect me to agree, when he is the enemy?!?

      He could see the shock on my face. "Please, my dear! You say you aren't happy here! In my kingdom, you would thrive, a warm, rich, and safe place to stay. You'd have no worries of midnight attacks. The food and training will be plentiful. You could have any love you choose, you wouldn't have to marry Cai Wan! I'd treat you as my own daughter." My head lowered. It sounded so nice.

       "Sir, why do you truly want me to join your kingdom?" He sighed,  "Truthfully, I'm jealous of Cai Mao. His beautiful family. I've always wanted one. I've always wanted love. Sure, I've had many women, but that's not what I really wanted. i want a family. A daughter." He cautiously stepped closer to me and when I did not step away, he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "So, what do you wish?"

       I broke free from his grasp, which left him shocked. But then, I grasped the hilt of my sword, and kneeled beside it. "Sao Fin, King of Zin, I accept your offer and will come to live with you in your kingdom. I shall be your family and live dutifully for my kingdom and serve you well."

        Sao Fin grinned and called his gaurds. Instantly, they all swarmed around me again. one took out a long piece of fabric. Before I could fight, he wrapped it around my mouth. My heart leapt into a full blown pound and rapidly beat as hard as it could. I tried to scream but the gag prevented me. Why was I so stupid?!? It had all sounded so pleasant and I couldn't help but accept. Now look at where it's gotten me.

         I kicked and lashed out, but then more fabric was pulled out and my hands and feet were tied. The guards lifted me up to a horse right behind Sao Fin. i continued to wiggle but thier grips were too tight as they tied my legs to the horses body. I cursed my ignorance many times once the horse started to gallop away. In my mind, i curse Sao Fin and his entire Kingdom. I curse everything I could, but I soon realized nothing would help and I finally gave up, allowing myself to be kidnapped.



© 2010 Varissa Darke


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on September 6, 2010
Last Updated on September 6, 2010


Author

Varissa Darke
Varissa Darke

AR



About
Hi! My name is Abby, or Varissa to some. I am the 6th child of 8. I love music, such as AFI, Cinema Bizarre, Tokio Hotel, Before Their Eyes. (Just to name a few.) I love anime, including Vampire Knigh.. more..

Writing