To Kiss the Blade: Liu Fai: {5}

To Kiss the Blade: Liu Fai: {5}

A Chapter by Varissa Darke

Chapter 5:

         Training wasn't what I had expected. It's hard work. I find myself constantly out of breath and dripping in sweat. Cai San, now being 9 years old has grown so much. He seems to swing the blade with so much ease, even though it's almost as big as me. I have a little trouble holding mine over my head, but I'm growing stronger. I once actually cut San's leg while we were sparring.

           My father told me that when I'm thirteen, I'm supposed to marry Cai Wan. But, I don't really want to. I still se him as a brother, even though I know he isn't. San, however, I really like. I think I may have a bit of a crush on him. He's so handsome and strong. If I could marry him, I think I would, but he's supposed to marry Da Quiao, the daughter of one of my father's generals. I've never met her before, but I've met her younger sister Xiao Quiao.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            I ran my finger across the engravings in my sword. I wonder if my father was a warrior. Was he famous? He had to have been an amazing warrior with a sword like this. Hardly even touching the dull end of the blade could break skin. I'm sure that once I learn to control it, I could be the greatest warrior the world has seen. like my father. Not my real father, but Cai Mao.

         "San?" I paused my training and slid my sword back into it's sheath.  "Do you know anything about my real father? You were alive before he died, can you remember anything about him?" San chuckled. "Fai, I do not even know what your father's name was, and I have absolutley no memories from back when you were born. I only discovered you were adopted the day you did." Fai had forgotten about that. 

         "Oh. Well, what about Da Quiao? Have you met her yet?" San shook his head. "No. I have yet to meet her. I don't really think I want to." I sat down on the floor beside San where he had earlier collapsed in a sweaty heap. "Why's that?" He sighed. "I really just don't like the idea of an arranged marriage." "Me niether. It removes the joy from being royalty."

          I took in a deep breath. "You know San," I began, forging my best smile. "If  could shoose who I marry, I'd choose you." San smiled and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "And I'd choose you." He suddenly leaned over and gave me a short, small kiss. I stayed frozen in my spot. Then, my face melted into a smile. "That was completely forbidden, you know." San shrugged. "No one has to know." Then he kissed me again, and left the room, leaving me alone, smiling from ear to ear.



© 2010 Varissa Darke


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on September 6, 2010
Last Updated on September 6, 2010


Author

Varissa Darke
Varissa Darke

AR



About
Hi! My name is Abby, or Varissa to some. I am the 6th child of 8. I love music, such as AFI, Cinema Bizarre, Tokio Hotel, Before Their Eyes. (Just to name a few.) I love anime, including Vampire Knigh.. more..

Writing