To Kiss the Blade: Liu Fai: {8}

To Kiss the Blade: Liu Fai: {8}

A Chapter by Varissa Darke

     I don't remember falling asleep, but I guess I did. When I woke up, I found myself in a cage alone in a small room. How they'd managed to get me in a cage without waking me up, I have no idea. Pretty impressive, I must admit.

     The room was beautiful. The flooring was bright orange wood, and the walls were yellow with flowery border. The ceiling appeared to be made of glass. It was an almost clear orange, the same shade as the floor. Squares of the glass layered on to top of others like little pyramids.

      In the midst of my admiring, I hadn't even noticed the door in the corner of the room open and someone walk in. My visitor cleared his throat, calling my attention.

      I gasped. It was a man. A beautiful man. His hair was long and brown, tied back in a thin ponytail that brushed against the back of his knees. His eyes were wise and were a deep blue, so deep they almost appeared to be purple.

     "I'm going to guess that since you are the only person in here that's in a cage, you must be Cai Fai." I liked his voice. It was soft and humorous. It made me feel comfortable, even though I knew I was a captive. I chuckled and nodded.

      "Why in the world did they put you in a cage?!? Did they think you were going to somehow escape from a room with no windows and a locked door?" he smiled, pulling out a key. His smile was warm and inviting. I hate to say this, since he is the enemy, but I may have been in love the second I saw him. He opened the cage door and helped me out.

       "So you know all about me, now it's your turn to introduce yourself." I crossed my arms across my chest and leaned against the open cage door.

      He bit his lip, then shrugged his thoughts off. "My name's Zhang He. You may have heard the name but not seen the face." I nodded, knowing right away who he was. He was well known all throught China. He was famous for his grace and dance. In fact, he had been nicknamed the Dragon of Grace. (He also shared a name with another famous war hero, except for the fact that this Zhang He's name is pronounced Zhang Hay and the other's name is pronounced Zhang Huh.)

     "Ok, so what is my job here and where do you come in?" I asked him, trying to keep my cool face as I sat down on the edge of the cage.

      He sighed. "I'm afraid your...features have not gone unnoticed by our king." I frowned, glancing down at my small, but curvey figure and long, thin legs. "He wants you to...perform for him. As a dancer. And I am the one who shall be helping you with your routines." I moved back into the cage and let him sit with me.

      "You don't like it?" I asked him. He shook his head. "I believe it's wrong. Such a young, innocent girl as you being enslaved for such ridiculous purposes. It's such a waste of your abilities, that don't involve your charm, but your strength." I smiled, and couldn't help but hug him.

      "It's very kind of you to admit that you feel it's wrong, even if I am the enemy." He hugged his knees close to his chest. "But you're not the enemy anymore. Not to me at least. You've been here for a short time, but this is your home now. You're a member of the Zin kingdom, even if you choose not to accept it.

      "Oops. I forgot something. I must go get it. I'll be right back." Zhang He jumped up and went straight to the door, but paused right before he opened it. He turned around to me. "Don't worry Fai. You won't be a slave long. I'll fight for you."

      He left, leaving me confused. Why would he be so quick to help me? Would he actually risk his own neck to help me, a young girl he'd only met a few minutes ago. Probably not. I better not be so quick to trust him. They're probably just trying to get me to like Zhang He, so I won't want to run away. Of course. I've learned from my earlier mistake.



© 2010 Varissa Darke


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on September 6, 2010
Last Updated on September 6, 2010


Author

Varissa Darke
Varissa Darke

AR



About
Hi! My name is Abby, or Varissa to some. I am the 6th child of 8. I love music, such as AFI, Cinema Bizarre, Tokio Hotel, Before Their Eyes. (Just to name a few.) I love anime, including Vampire Knigh.. more..

Writing