Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by VincentRayne
"

I cannot take this man in because he is not Yamase, Yu. You'd do best to bring him back to reality

"
“You have the wrong person. And I don’t fight. There’s no reason to.” Yu said. He was about to turn retreat back into the house when he sensed movement, and instinctively retreated half a step back.

A thin stream of blood flowed from his chin, as Yu touched the new wound he had received. He was not mistaken " that was clearly a perfect kesagiri , a diagonal cut. It was clear by observing his stance that this man was a trained warrior- and could have learned the Two Heavens.

As Yu contemplated on his next course of action, Yuki, hearing the commotion, stepped out.

“What’s going on, Yu? And who is this?” she asked.

“Some person who claims he tracked me down so he could take me in. He insists upon a fight, but I’m not interested.” Yu responded, then leaned closer to her.

“He apparently knows the Two Heavens.” Yu whispered, to Yuki’s alarm. She stepped in front of Yu.

“If you don’t mind, I will be your opponent in his stead. No one gets away with threatening my loved one.” Yuki said, drawing her swords out.

"You must be Yuki. Yu's petite flower." The man said and bowed again.

"Spare the pleasantries." Yuki glared at the stranger with her swords pointed at him.

Her response drew a grin from the man. It was the same grin the man showed Yu.

“I don't get enjoyment from fighting women but if its to him I'll make an exception.”

With that, Yuki charged at the man but he blocked the attack with ease.
He then spins the blade and sneaks his left arm and flips yuki over his shoulders. She lands on her back. Trent stabs the ground with his sword right next to her face.

"Now young lady. This is between your husband and me." Turns to Yu "If you don't have more people to send I would like to fight you"

Yu merely stared back at the man, and gave the slightest of grins. He sensed something and spun away just in time to avoid having his head cut off. Yuki was back on her feet, katana dripping blood. He moved his hand to touch the flesh wound above his left eye.

“I meant to slice off everything above that part. Seems I missed.” Shaking the blood off the sword edge, a technique who the swordsman recognized as chiburi , she charged and blitzed him with a barrage of blows, only to see the stranger counter each and every one of them. Changing tactics, Yuki attempted to disarm him by executing a fan kick but Trent managed to hold on to his blades steadfast.

Parrying another blow, Yuki got to the point where she drove her blade along the swordsman's, pushing it aside and trying to strike for the heart…when he lowered and rose his sword in a pattern, dispelling the strength of the blow, and Yuki had to retreat to avoid being skewered.

Great Wave..a skill used to weaken a strike from a blow. And how he recognized the the fan kick…Flint and Spark Strike..

“How did you learn the Two Heavens? It wasn’t taught to anyone who did not pass the Circle of Three.” Yuki asked.

“Times have changed, Yuki. I learned it from an old man in Brazil… and tweaked it to suit my own style.” The man responded. “...Masamoto Takeshi.” Trent replied without hesitation, to Yuki and Yu’s shock. The head of the Ho-Oh no Ryu was still alive. And he had taught the Two Heavens to an outsider?

“If Masamoto-sama decided to teach you then you probably aren't any ordinary person, either. Not giving it my all would be a disrespect. At least give me your name.” Yuki said, pointing her blade at the man and he straightened his hat.

“I'm terribly sorry that I haven't introduced myself. My name is Trent. And I appreciate you realizing to not underestimate my knowledge but it may be too late." Leaping into the air, Trent smashed his swords down onto Yuki’s. She struggled to hold up against his strength as they fought for supremacy.

It wouldn't take long. Attempting to execute iaijutsu to surprise Trent, she evaded his guard and stabbed him in the stomach but he didn't so much as flinch. With his free left hand, he swung down, slashing across Yuki’s chest in a perfect kesagiri attack, as Yuki flew back.

Yu, rushing to catch her, managed to do so before she fell.
“Yuki! Are you okay?!” Yu asked, alarmed, to which Yuki nodded. She was winded, but otherwise fine. He turned to glare at Trent.

“Now do you have a reason to fight me? Or do you plan to send others to fight in your place. The Yu Yamase I heard of fought his own battles. Maybe I really do have the wrong person.”

Yu got to his feet, after moving Yuki to safety, and slowly approached Trent. Without warning, he threw a punch, which Trent promptly intercepted. More blows follow, but he blocked every attack with his palm.

“Peace has cost you strength. Victory has defeated you.” Trent said as he flipped Yu over, leaving him winded on the ground. Trent sheathed his blades, cracking his knuckles as he approached Yu.

Getting up, Yu lashes at Trent, who counters and breaks off. Screaming in rage, Yu charged at the man and smashed fists into his body time and again, but Trent didn't move. Pausing for a moment, Trent found his opening. He ducked a punch aimed at his face and threw his own punch, smashing Yu in his jaw in a solid uppercut. The power from the blow lifted Yu off his feet and he landed, hard, on his back.

Trent gazed coldly at the writhing human in front of him.

“You fight like a child. Whatever the rumors I've heard about you can’t be right.”

Spitting blood, Yu flexed his fists. Trent suddenly reached out and grabbed Yu’s throat, pinning him down once more. He pounds him until he’s motionless, as Yuki watched on, helpless, with tears streaming from her face.

Trent finally rose.

“What a disappointment. Breaking a broken man.”

Trent made to leave when but halted. Hearing pants, he moved to see Yu, swaying unsteadily.

“I wonder which will break first…Yamase Yu. Your spirit "" Trent started, as Yu threw another punch, but missed and Trent grabs Yu and lifts him high by his collar.

“..Or your body.” "Trent finishes as he smashes him down. The sounds of a few bones being broken rang out.

Yuki, shocked, ran over to Yu and tried to get a response from him, but failed.

“WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HIM, YOU BEAST!?” she screamed.

“Just giving him a wake up call.” Trent answered casually, taking one last look at the hollow eyes of Yu. "I cannot take this man in because he is not Yamase, Yu. You'd do best to bring him back to reality, Yuki." Trent said exiting the house and walking into the village, leaving a broken Yuki sobbing.


© 2014 VincentRayne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
Added on July 26, 2014
Last Updated on July 26, 2014
Tags: moonlight, revelation, novel, series, fantasy, sci-fi


Author

VincentRayne
VincentRayne

Los Angeles, CA



About
I'm pretty quiet and keep to myself most of the time but I don't mind expressing myself through creativity. I love drawing, writing, playing the guitar, bass, violin, and piano. I play video games as .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by VincentRayne


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by VincentRayne