Chapter 17

Chapter 17

A Chapter by VincentRayne
"

"It is our duty to judge them." She answered.

"
The Chinese police had recently just secured a heist. There were a group of people, that were suspected of acting with the radical extremist terrorist plots that had been going on around the world lately. The police had been tracking for a while. What was unusual is that they were already rounded up when the police got there. They were only informed of the location to come. 
"What do you make of this?" One of the policemen asked another. "You think we have a super hero among us?" The other guy scratched his head. 
"Hard telling. All we can do is just wait for their stories and try to make sense of what happened."
"But does it really matter? This is a pretty big haul. They're terrorist and they're caught. We were the ones called in.
Soon the sound of sirens could be heard and a unmarked cruiser pulled up. Two women stepped out and approached the two officers. 
"Where are they?" The taller woman asked. She had the look of someone that didn't mess around. Probably doesn't even have the words sarcasm and humor existing in her vocabulary. The policemen noticed a pistol gripped shotgun holstered across the base of her back just below her long raven colored hair. She wore an all black outfit but even then didn't look anything like any officers the two guys had seen before. Even less to the shorter girl. 
The girl looked like she either came from or was on her way to a cyber goth rave. She had neon colored and black colored pigtail hair extensions and a corset with a tutu. Black and neon yellow stockings ended in black combat boots. 
"Are you the only people headquarters sent? I figured there'd be more backup for something so important. Hell, are you even a cop?" One of the men said looking the girls over. The older woman stayed silent then slowly turned her head to look Richard in the eyes and pulled out a badge from a small pack attached to her belt.
"Where are the criminals?" Her voice remained monotone as she showed him her badge. The other girl was wearing a badge around her neck that the men only just noticed. One of them pointed inside the building and the woman headed for the door as the younger girl came up to him with a device. 
"We'll take it from here. We will check the suspects and will grade them according to their crime." One of the men raised an eyebrow.
"You just expect us to leave? This isn't exactly a small time operatio-" There was a gunshot and the two cops were already reaching for their weapons when the girl stopped him. "What the hell was that?" One of them asked.
"This is how we do things. Don't worry. You'll still get credit for the capture of these individuals." It wasn't enough. Something was wrong and the two men knew it. One of them ran inside to see the woman holding her shotgun to a man's head and another device in her other hand.
"What's going on? These men are disarmed! There is no need to shoot anyone here-" 
"I would appreciate if you do not tell me how to conduct business, cop. You clearly forget who has authority here so I'd suggest you take your orders properly and without issue." The woman said. The man she had the gun pointed to could be heard whispering silently to himself. Most likely praying. The woman said something to the girl in a different language and she took hold of the policeman's arm. 
"It's in your best interest if you come back outside with me." He let the girl escort him back outside. Before either of the men could say a word the girl held up her finger. "Look, I know this looks bad but we know what we are doing. There are people in there that have committed atrocities and have gone unpunished. The courts would have them thrown in jail and with how no one knows who is Gifted anymore that person may actually live long enough to be released if they do not break out of jail first." 
"So you take it upon yourselves to judge them?" The girl nodded. She showed them her wrist. there was a marking looking like a cross on it.
"It is our duty to judge them." She answered.


© 2014 VincentRayne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on July 29, 2014
Last Updated on August 1, 2014


Author

VincentRayne
VincentRayne

Los Angeles, CA



About
I'm pretty quiet and keep to myself most of the time but I don't mind expressing myself through creativity. I love drawing, writing, playing the guitar, bass, violin, and piano. I play video games as .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by VincentRayne


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by VincentRayne