Chapter 24

Chapter 24

A Chapter by VincentRayne
"

The plant has already started growing but we can at least cut off what we can to keep it from growing and spreading until we can find the roots and destroy it.

"
"If this threat is indeed real then it seems we have little choice but to band together." The man with the sword on his back broke the silence. Qian spoke up after.

"We really, shouldn't have to think about this. This is what our purpose is. We half to defend Earth from invaders. The fact that people who don't even have Guardian status are already doing something about this problem is a little embarrassing." A few of the Guardians nodded her heads. 

"Zack," The hooded figured started. "you have the most dealings with invaders from the past and not to mention you've already had contact with the enemy. So we will be looking to you for guidance. Meanwhile American Headquarters will be in charge of contacting the other Guardians. Does the Queen of this Realm know about what is happening." Zack was silent for a moment thinking about what Lilliane told him the previous night. 

"No, she doesn't. At least, I'm not exactly sure. That is why i'm going to speak with her in person about this as soon as possible." He felt Lilliane's eyes glaring at him but he pretended not to notice. "So if no one has any objections to Yu joining us and we understand what is planned ahead of us then everyone is dismissed." Everyone around the table gave a brief welcome before their holographic display flickered off leaving empty chairs. Only Qian Lin was left. 

"Is there something wrong?" Zack asked. Qian shook her head. 

"Not really. It just that--about what Elisa was doing. don't bring her down for it. I've noticed that she's not very well thought of by people because she does what needs to be done without morals or guilt weighing her down or swaying her. Me and my partner look up to Elisa and you shouldn't discourage her from doing the right thing."

"So you think killing people in cold blood is a plausible, momentary, solution to this threat?" Qian nodded her head.

"You do whatever it takes, Zack. The plant has already started growing but we can at least cut off what we can to keep it from growing and spreading until we can find the roots and destroy it. You should be thanking her. Because who knows what those people with that much political power could have done. Oh, and good luck with talking with the Queen. I hear she hates Guardians." Qian's feed went dim and just left Zack and the others in the dark room until the dim ceiling lights came on. Zack turned towards Elisa again and put a hand on her shoulder. She almost jumped at his touched because she wasn't looking in his direction.

"I'm sorry, Elisa. I shouldn't judge you. You are definitely stronger than your mother was at your age. Heck, probably, even now. You see the big picture so easily. I should be thanking you for helping out not admonishing." Elisa remained quiet but a slight smirk appeared on her usual emotionless face. Zack then turned to Yu. 

"So It looks like you're officially one of us! How does it feel?"

"Well, i guess right now i don't feel too differently. But maybe the idea just hasn't settled in yet." Yu answered and Zack had his usual grin back. 

"Now all that's left is to head up to the Sky Kingdom and speak with our lovely Queen." Zack said.

"And why is it only a Queen?"

"Because she's a Valkyrie. Valkyries retain their powers as long as they are pure, meaning no husband or close boyfriends for them. At least that's what the legends say. We haven't had a Valkyrie in a long time. not since the Queen's mother was young." Elisa spoke up.

"So you're hoping to get her on your side? To help?" Zack nodded.

"She really doesn't have much of a choice given the current situation. But it wouldn't hurt to give her a good impression as Guardian representatives." Zack pointed at Yu and then turned to Lilliane. "So when can we leave?" The girl shrugged. She had her bangs covering her eyes again. It definitely added a sense of mysteriousness to her.

"When the two sisters and you all are done packing then we can leave. And i hear Kani and Kanna are going to stay at the Sky Palace to return to their original duties as her personal Guard while Keytara remains here to watch over Elisa." Zack nodded. 

"Okay. Then we'll get packed up and be ready to leave in about an hour and a half."


As Yu went back to his room, Evelyn observed his movements through his mind. Everything was as she had predicted, and she was interested in seeing what Yu would do next.

Though now, she could not be considered as dead nor living - just merely a fragment of her consciousness. Before her mortal body died, she made a final contact with Yu and transferred what was left of her powers to him, but at the same time, the link allowed her to access his memories.

She decided to delve through them. The time will come when Yu had to know a certain truth, and she wanted to prepare him for that.


© 2014 VincentRayne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on August 1, 2014
Last Updated on August 1, 2014


Author

VincentRayne
VincentRayne

Los Angeles, CA



About
I'm pretty quiet and keep to myself most of the time but I don't mind expressing myself through creativity. I love drawing, writing, playing the guitar, bass, violin, and piano. I play video games as .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by VincentRayne


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by VincentRayne