Chapter 21

Chapter 21

A Chapter by VincentRayne
"

The noise faded away, and Yu’s head was clear once again. Yet the identity of the voice was unmistakable.

"
“I don’t know if I can trust you, after what just happened.” Zack stated matter-of-factly.

“You won’t.” Elisa replied.

There was a brief silence, before Zack nodded. Both of them made to leave the room, before Elisa turned back.

“You guys can chat first, with the remaining time we got left.” With that, they were gone.

Kani and Kanna stood nearby, as Yu glanced at Lilliane.

“In the space of a few days, I keep getting invited to reunion parties. This is not what I had expected.” Yu began.

“Once our fates are bound together, the threads that tie them will not be broken so easily. And now this world is in much greater danger than before.” Lilliane said.

“You mentioned about Ergon, and the Void.” 

“Yes. Some time after Evelyn’s defeat, the humans immediately seized the chance and tore through the gap in space to infiltrate Ergon. They pillaged and plundered, seizing whatever they could. And anyone they saw on the streets was killed without hesitation. Even women and children were not spared.” 

Yu felt his blood run cold. While Ergon’s invasion was blamed sorely on its leaders, he wished no ill-will on its other citizens. And having spent a few months with them, he knew.

“How did you get hold of this information?” Yu asked.

“By a certain someone called Jill. I trust you know her…she was spearheading the efforts in helping the residents of Ergon flee, along with Triela.” Lilliane said, much to Yu’s surprise. More names from the past.

“If I was there, I would have stopped those murderers.” Yu put his head in his hands.

Did I “save” the Earth for this?

“Its not your fault, Yu. Don’t blame yourself. Right now, we've got a greater enemy to face.”

“Those from the Void.” Yu composed himself.

“Yes. In the four years since that last battle, humanity has gotten distracted. They believe they are fighting with the right people. The beings from the Void are seizing that chance to strike at the hearts of the people. No ordinary army can deal with them. That is why we came to you, with the request of protecting what is close to you again.”

Protecting what is close… Yu subconsciously held the pendant which Yuki gave him before his departure. He flipped the cover open and gazed at their photo.

“…I still got plenty of questions, but I suppose we can leave that until tomorrow. Its been nice meeting you again.” Yu said. 

“Just like old times, isn’t it?” Lilliane smiled briefly, before making her leave.

***

Alone once more, Yu gazed at the moonlight streaming in through the open window. His thoughts kept flickering back to what Lilliane had said, and he felt a pang of guilt.

Humans are as wretched as ever, I see.

Who said that? Yu looked around, but saw no one. He shook his head, but the voice rang out again.

Why do you still fight for them? You haven’t changed.

The voice was louder , clearer this time round. Yu leapt into his bed and pulled the blanket over his head, but it was no use.

I’m not. I just want to discover the truth behind all this!! Yu thought.

The truth always hurts. You…and I know that.

The noise faded away, and Yu’s head was clear once again. Yet the identity of the voice was unmistakable.


© 2014 VincentRayne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on July 31, 2014
Last Updated on July 31, 2014


Author

VincentRayne
VincentRayne

Los Angeles, CA



About
I'm pretty quiet and keep to myself most of the time but I don't mind expressing myself through creativity. I love drawing, writing, playing the guitar, bass, violin, and piano. I play video games as .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by VincentRayne


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by VincentRayne