Chapter 11

Chapter 11

A Chapter by VincentRayne
"

The one thing that remained on his mind before he passed out was that name...Lilith.

"
Yu assessed the new arrivals in front of him, and was formulating a plan when he saw Yuki trying to break free of her bonds. She saw Yu and glared at him.

“For god’s sake Yu! Where have you disappeared to? These people came out of nowhere asking for you, and with your arm in that condition �"“ her gaze turned to his right arm.

“How did your arm get healed so fast?!” 

“Gomenasai, Yuki. I’ll answer your questions later, but for now…You guys want me. So set the rest of the villagers free.” Yu said, and Rebecca nodded for Sid to cut Yuki and Cassandra's restraints. Beside them, a bandaged Trent watched on.

As Astrid and the rest approached Yu, he shifted his feet slightly. When they were within two arms’ length, he turned tail and fled. Astrid, exploding with rage, screamed and charged forward, pushing her team mates aside. Without much of a choice, Amy, Sid and Rebecca followed, leaving the villagers alone.

Yuki started to move but Trent stopped her.

“Its his own fight from here on out. Even if you went after him, you can’t help. You’ve seen what one of them could do.” Trent pointed to his wound.

“So just trust in him.”

*** 

As Yu sprinted down the dirt path leading away from the village, he could sense four auras in hot pursuit. His priority had been to get them away. Even so, he knew he was at a serious disadvantage. Having fought Astrid and Rebecca before, he knew their strengths. But Sid and Amy were unknown factors. 

He hadn’t ran so much for a long time and before Yu knew it, he was tiring. Suddenly, an energy bolt singed his left leg and he winced in pain. Two more struck the area in front of him, before a final bolt struck his back and sent him sprawling to the ground. By the time he got to his feet, he was surrounded.

“You don’t know how long I have waited for this, Yamase Yu. I don’t care what she says, I’ll make sure to slowly torture you for the hurt you caused before bringing you back.”

She? Who’s she? 

Yu had no time to wonder before Astrid brought her chainsaw down onto him, and he brought up the incomplete sword to intercept her blow. As his sword arm had just healed, Yu decided not to take a risk and use his left arm instead. 

But Astrid’s strength was as, if not, more overwhelming than before. Yu could see the endless pit of hatred and anger in her eyes, as Astrid continuously slashed at Yu with a frenzy. She managed to cut Yu on the cheek and graze his right shoulder.

“Ha! What’s going on? Have you lost your warrior’s concentration? Oh, I almost forgot. You are one no longer!” Astrid leapt high and brought her chainsaw down. Yu held his sword up to intercept, when to his shock, the chainsaw broke the blade in two. The pieces of the metal disintegrated as they fell to the ground.

Seeing this, Astrid seized her chance and pinned Yu to the ground. He tried to fight back by swinging a fist at her face, but was easily knocked away. She then drove her chainsaw into Yu’s neck and he laid still.

“Astrid you idiot! Lilith wanted him alive!” Amy moaned, as Astrid stood up.

“I don’t care anymore. Lets bring his corpse back and �"“ Astrid paused, sensing movement. She looked down and her eyes widened in surprise. There was only a small cut on Yu’s neck as opposed to the gaping wound she had anticipated. 

Glaring at Astrid, Yu suddenly unleashed a torrent of energy that pushed her back and burnt her weapon hand. 

In disbelief, Astrid did a double take. That had definitely been a death blow, she reasoned, but a normal human could not have such great durability. Unless…

The cross symbol on Yu’s right hand started to glow and pulsate at a fast rate, as blue streams of energy swirled up around him. Eyes glowing red, he shifted into a sword-drawing stance. The energies focused on his hands, forming the shape of a sword. 

Never hesitate. A voice resonated in Yu’s mind. With determination, he drew the blade, causing a huge explosion. Astrid and the rest were forced to shield their eyes.

When the smoke cleared, Yu stood with one sword in each hand. Both blades are crystalline blue with winged handles. Runes could be seen etched onto their slim curved blades. 

Amy now launched a salvo of fireballs at Yu, but he swung one sword at them and dispelled the attack. Sid followed up, trying to land a punch to shatter Yu’s weapon again. But Yu ducked and slashed Sid across the chest, and a line of blue flames ignited on the fresh wound, causing him to back off. Astrid, now back with a vengeance, locked blades with Yu. He instinctively drove one blade along the length of the chainsaw and forced it aside, while thrusting for the chest with his other. Cursing, she managed to smash the sword aside in a last ditch maneuver.

“Just what are you? That just now…was not a power belonging to the darkness…” Astrid said. Then her eyes fell upon the still glowing cross symbol on Yu’s hand, and was promptly shocked.

“Don’t tell me you �"“ 

But before she could finish, Rebecca gripped Astrid’s arm firmly.

“Astrid, Lilith has called for us to return. We have stayed here for far too long.”

“What?! I almost had him!” Astrid seethed, angry that her prey was to be let off.

“I understand your eagerness for revenge as much as I want to, but our priorities are first. We can leave him…for later.” Rebecca replied calmly.

Still clenching her fists, Astrid powered down her chainsaw and regrouped with the rest. Rebecca waved a hand and a portal opened. As they stepped into it, Yu tried to rush them, but his swords met thin air as the portal vanished.

Exhausted from the exertion, Yu fell to the ground. The one thing that remained on his mind before he passed out was that name. 

Lilith.


© 2014 VincentRayne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on July 27, 2014
Last Updated on July 27, 2014


Author

VincentRayne
VincentRayne

Los Angeles, CA



About
I'm pretty quiet and keep to myself most of the time but I don't mind expressing myself through creativity. I love drawing, writing, playing the guitar, bass, violin, and piano. I play video games as .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by VincentRayne


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by VincentRayne