It Ends Tonight (Ramona)

It Ends Tonight (Ramona)

A Chapter by A. V. Madison
"

Normally the POVs are just between Jayce and Rayce, but I decided to let Ramona have a turn.

"

Saint Thomas Aquinas once said that love takes up where knowledge leaves off.

I never looked at Rayce quite in the light I'm looking at him right now. Jayce always told bitter stories to me about Rayce's attitude, but he seems so very calm and graceful right now.

I must look like a complete mess to him, a pigsty, but he seems to be looking at me the same way.

"Hi, Ramona." He says awkwardly.

"I know I'm a sight to see write now, and I probably don't smell so wonderful either, but I just have to say something and I'll be out of your way soon enough." I promise idling in the doorway.

"No, actually you don't look half-bad for a girl with a hangover. And you smell like my sister- like champagne." He notes, gesturing for me to come in.

"Well, she did lug me a couple blocks from Asher's house, so I would figure I'd smell like her." I chuckled, closing the door behind me.

"Come sit down," He says, flipping his dark brown hair out of his eyes.

I sit down next to him on his bed.

"She would have gotten in that car, Rayce." I state bluntly.

He looks at me with glazed eyes.

"What? Then why didn't she? Oh yeah, because she was high." His voice is stern.

"She... she was faking it. She only had a little mary jane. Not enough for even the Breathlyzer to pick up. Asher told her that if she left with anyone other than him or his friends, he'd hurt her. So she just kept smoking, and eventually, she did get high. She's... she's traumatic. She might have been abused. ."

Men don't cry, I think as a tear races down Rayce's cheek.

But until you're eighteen, you're a boy. And I am content with letting his blue drops fall right now.

"Abused... how?" He asked, uncertain and uncomfortable in his own crawling skin, "Sexually, verbally, physically?"

"Physically. She had bruises all over her body this morning. She was in bad shape... attempted murder maybe. Mansluaghter. She had two slices up her arms." I began to cry also. Between the two of us, we were weeping buckets.

"And you?"

"Better. I guess. Maybe. I mean, I just feel like garbage... but that's all." I twist a strand of bluegreen hair around my index finger, idling.

"Thanks, Ramona." He finally says, breaking the silence in half.

"For what? I'm the one that convinced her to with Asher. It's all my fault. She wouldn't be in such bad shape if it weren't-"

And he kisses me. Just like that, his pink lips against mine. This is so long overdue. I kiss back. We just keep kissing... and kissing... and kissing...



© 2012 A. V. Madison


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
kissing,,,and kissing.... and kissing... haha i love how this carries on to the next chapter lol

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
1 Review
Added on May 13, 2012
Last Updated on May 15, 2012


Author

A. V. Madison
A. V. Madison

Only a Kid, But Hard To Scare, CA



About
I'm Maddie. Clumsy. Short-tempered. Quite an oddball. Sort of silly. I make big plans then never do them. I have a fascination with tiny lights. I have atelophobia and OCD. I am the definition.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by A. V. Madison