The Daydreamer

The Daydreamer

A Chapter by WatcherInSilence

And then he thought to himself: "Why do we always chase the impossible?"
It was a question that had haunted him forever. In our quest for life, we often strive for the unreachable, that which is not within our grasp. We spend a lifetime building unrealistic goals that we ultimately fail to meet, falling spectacularly from grace in the process.
But life is not about falling, it is about getting back up. When we choose to fight for what is rightly ours, or stand up for what we believe in, we defy life. And sometimes, we win.
How lost is the human soul in an endless sea of expectations and false ambitions, which carries him to the greatest illusions that even the mind cannot decipher?
Only when we choose to back down do we really lose a fight. Life is a continuous battle, a labyrinth of unbreakable wall that we must traverse amid the hardest of challenges.
And what lies at the end of the labyrinth? The daydreamer wondered. 
It was yet another question left unanswered. And it would remain that way, until he chose to get up, and walk through the labyrinth of his dreams, overcoming obstacles, facing the monsters that had kept him awake for countless nights, chasing a long lost love that had once ignited his life and rendered it meaningful for a brief spell of time.
Was it glory he was after? No, but rather answers. Life's greatest mysteries, once forgotten and abandoned by the human mind, were at his reach. The journey was long and hard, but it pleased him. He was exploring the world and its whereabouts for the first time in his life; and he sensed that innocence, similar to that of a child learning to ride his bike for the first time. It was a strange feeling to him, or rather a forgotten feeling. his soul had become numb for so long that it had turned motionless, and even the darkest of winter nights or the brightest of summer suns couldn't breathe life into it.
A dead man walking, a spirit brought back to life: Undertaking the adventure was the key, finishing it the gates that sealed a world of promise, dreams and love. He broke down the walls of his fear; now the world was waiting for him.


© 2013 WatcherInSilence


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on October 27, 2013
Last Updated on October 27, 2013