Journey Into the Mind

Journey Into the Mind

A Chapter by WatcherInSilence

Often in life do we meet at crossroads: people with different hopes, dreams and aspirations suddenly find themselves languishing in the same pit of despair.


A common goal, a fated encounter or sometimes even a mutual enemy can bring together souls who journey along an untraced path.


For life as we have come to know it is not a straight road; rather, it is a series of unexpected twists and turns that ultimately carve out a unique path for each and every one of us, something most of us regard as ‘destiny’.


But Darkness lingers in unguarded hallways, strange passages that often lead us a whisker away from our dreams.


A driving force for some, a challenge forced upon by life for others, it exists outside of us as well as within our hearts. Like a moon hiding its dark side, our hearts bask in the perfect commotion of love and care while casting a flickering darkness.


Experience, a name we have thus far attributed to memories, events or even decisions past that we reminisce upon on starry nights. Like an avid traveler during nightfall, experience never leaves our side and sometimes weighs in to strike a balance in our lives. Whether it is a burden that we are forced to carry as we leap through the various stages of life, or a recollection of a faded memory that briefly runs through our body, revitalizing it to its very core in the process, it is an integral and undeniable part of our journey.


A journey, predefined and prewritten for some, only to be revealed by clear-cut signs that indicate the way of the light, is eclipsed by the vision of others who stand firm in their quest for truth. An uncharacteristic value, or an illusion of our mind, cast into the real world in a bid to transcend the human values that we have come to acknowledge as ‘morals’ of this world.


But as the dawn of a new day shines upon us, and we face the uncertainty of a new beginning, whether it be a new battle in an endless war for some, or a clean state and a second shot at redemption for others, we are all destined to struggle.


Struggle is the value the heart embraces the most. Like a bullet-proof vest or a repelling shell, it shields us from life’s mischief. And at the end of the day, we value our worth not by the bullets we have taken, but by the cracks in our shields.


Our ability to get up, in spite of the great adversities life throws our way, remains till this day our greatest asset in life. For in the end, we shall not be guided by the darkness of our ways, but by the light others shed upon us to carry us with them.


We all possess our own demons; our shadows, the culmination of the people we aspire to become, inhabit us. But when the fire inside our souls burns brightly, and destroys what’s left of our remains, chasing out the shadows from within our hearts, who will YOU be?



© 2013 WatcherInSilence


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on December 14, 2013
Last Updated on December 15, 2013