Clarity

Clarity

A Chapter by WatcherInSilence

He asked for clarity. He turned to the skies. They were as dark as the shadows. He waited for days, gazing endlessly, hoping for a ray of light. It wouldn't come. The overwhelming darkness turned days into nights, and he succumbed in a never ending fear of never seeing the light shine again in his life.


He needed direction. He needed guidance. And who do you turn to when the world has turned its back to you? Who do you turn to for guidance, advice or simply company?

He thought to himself. ‘The most interesting people always leave’; a recurring sentence that chimed like a deafening echo in his mind. After all, we only seek loneliness when we feel left out, and the feeling of not belonging scalded his skin like burning embers.


The skies were still dark. He reminisced of the good days, the long trips, the daylight, and most importantly, home. Home was a strange place to him now. What once was a holy sanctuary had become a burdening safe house, and each time he set foot in it he would immediately suffocate. It was no longer a shelter; it had become his prison. But he wasn't intent on spending the remainder of his life behind bars.


So he set out to look for answers. But in the midst of the darkness, consumed by the shaded skies, his soul was being sucked into the abyss. His face had turned pale, his knees grew weak. What was it that he was feeling?


Was it the aftermath of a broken love? Or could it be his heart, so corrupt by hatred and regret that it had reached its climax: his body was faltering, and so were his spirits.


He gazed at the skies again. Suddenly, he was caught off guard by an old sage. Time had not been kind to him, and even he could see the pain and suffering that had accumulated over the years on the old man’s forehead.


The sage approached him, laid a hand on his shoulder, and calmly whispered in his ear: ‘Tell me, what troubles you my son?’

‘It’s the sky,’ he answered, ‘It’s too dark’.

‘That’s because it’s supposed to be,’ muttered the old man.

Then, in an air of frustration, the boy replied: ‘How can one find light in a pit of darkness? How can one search for clarity in a starless sky?’


The wise man chuckled. ‘You are still naive, my son,’ he said. ‘While you were busy looking for your stars, you failed to notice the dot of light right there in the corner.’


The sage then delicately pointed a finger towards the sky. Up there, behind the gray clouds, was a glimmering light, shining in a faded fashion as if it were to disappear.

‘What is it,’ asked the boy, intrigued by the old man’s observation. ‘It is a star!’ rejoiced the old sage. ‘And it has been hiding there for all this time, shining upon you while you were busy looking for other stars.’


There was a sigh of relief in the atmosphere. The boy suddenly felt warmer and more secure, something he had never felt in a long time. He was safe now that he knew he had someone watching over him.


But little did he know that the tiny star, the one whose light isn't strong enough to light a corner, had been watching him every night for four years, shining unmistakably over his head, and it would grow with him and live out his adventures for the remainder of his days.  



© 2013 WatcherInSilence


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's amazing how what we need and truly want could be right in front of us, and yet we search all around it and never see it, nor find it. Fortunate we are to have elders who know better and see with much clarity.

Posted 10 Years Ago


WatcherInSilence

10 Years Ago

Few have truly seen the truth that life paints for them, and many have failed to see the clarity tha.. read more
Solilokiss

10 Years Ago

You are most welcome. I am of that same view. It's all within.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
1 Review
Added on October 28, 2013
Last Updated on October 28, 2013