Pure Love

Pure Love

A Chapter by WatcherInSilence

But what is Love? Is it but a figment of our imagination? Or is it the embodiment of our deepest thoughts, channeled through our most intricate desires?

 

The weary traveler wondered pondering these questions. He suddenly stumbled upon a tombstone with an angel resting on its top.

 

The traveler, long lost in his quest for that missing beacon in his life, set out to seek the truth in the angel’s words. He confronted him and asked him about the true nature of Love.

 

The heavenly creature, as innocent and pure as he seemed, was a witty figure that had encountered more than a few of the traveler’s type. “You are all of the same kind, and yet you claim to be different”, he said in a critical tone. “How easy it must be to publicize a search for truth, when you merely circle in darkness!”

 

The traveler was in shock over these allegations: “Gracious Angel, I stand before you well aware of the darkness I walk in. However, it is a twilight that awaits me at the end of my path…And I cannot help but address my needs to a superior creature so wise that it could foresee my Future.”

 

The angel fluttered its wings and laughed off these claims. “You are blind”, he replied brushing off the gentle breeze that stroked his feathers. “None can see the true power of Love.” And just then, sensing that the traveler was confused by his words, he continued: “Love in all its might is an untamed force, an impalpable thought and an invaluable treasure. Love cannot be seen or heard; Yet it can only be felt within the heart and projected to the outside world creating a sphere of mystique that surrounds those who love…It casts its shadows on all that is around it and turns mysteries to certitudes and sorrows to conquering joys.”

 

The naïve man was captivated by the angel’s speech. Sensing an overwhelming joy getting the better of him, and in a rush of unexplainable emotions, he proclaimed: “Then tell me Wise Creature! Tell me what I must do to feel that Love! Tell me! For not only is it my wish but also my deepest desire to waive its wand and cast its spell around me!”

 

The angel smirked, dropped its weightless body from the head of the tombstone, and lay next to the man. He then stroked his hair, knelt beside him and whispered softly in his ear: “Those who claim to be wise enough to have seen the treasure are mere fools who have escaped the journey.” And as his echo filled the traveler’s head with enchanting sounds and a shroud of mystery, the winged creature took off and set its flight towards the sky.

 

The man, left in doubt in the midst of his world, set about to resume his expedition, lonely and weary, fading like a flower deprived of sunlight, hoping that one day the angel will return and guide him in his quest for Love.

 

There are those of us who claim to have experienced the journey, others who have tasted its bitterness. But as the Angel testified to the naïve traveler, few are those who have truly experienced the power of Love. In its presence, we feel as though we are consumed by a burning fire that never dies. In its absence, we are but lost sailors riding tempest seas, in a never-ending hope of reaching the intangible lands that form our purest emotion. Let not Love alter the destination of our journeys, but rather let our path guide Love so that it exerts on us its magnetism; and only when we are guided by its shining light are we able to truly perceive the meaning of Life as it unfolds in front of our eyes. Love is blind; the eyes dare not match its vision. But in our souls lies its true power: It is a miracle shed from above which not only entangles the human spirit in a stir of its emotions, but also preaches truth in its purest form to elevate us so that we too soar in the beams of its glazing light.    



© 2014 WatcherInSilence


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on February 16, 2014
Last Updated on February 16, 2014