Heart Of Glass. [Chapter One.]

Heart Of Glass. [Chapter One.]

A Chapter by

Droplets of water formed together before me, slowly creeping their way down my window pane with an intense amount of grace. I watched, wordlessly, as I collected my thoughts together, a sharp pain arousing in my stomach. With each new drop forming on the window, with each sigh that came bursting out of my lips, I felt myself disconnecting from all of the values of life and treasured happiness within. The rain hit the ground, a constant synchronization, a silent, yet immensely concentrated sound. Each drop that landed on the ground made my eyes water, my heart ache and my ears strain beyond belief. In spite of myself, I wanted to clamp my frail and most delicate hands over my ears, fearing that they would surely bust, leaving only more scars and memories to haunt me for eternity. The sky, before the awful rain, had been a dark blue, shimmering with different saturations of pink. I had watched in in awe, soaking in all of its' beauty hidden scarcely between. Soon enough, the rain had already came into view, shortly dying down afterwards. My mood had been ruined long ago, though the rain was surely enough. I had lost family, friends and even a good, supportive man of my own. Depression had hit me hard, perhaps even right in the gut with exruciating force. Ever since, distance has been filling the space between us. Necessary conversations and erosions of laughter together are lost, profoundedly leaving nothing but sadness and emptiness in its' path. I had no car, hardly any money, and I was certainly in the hole by now. Reminders from my bank were being set off continuously, although I ignored them, just as the days continued to drag on. New clothes were long gone from my mind, my eyesight itself weakening by the minute. My clothes were old, or even ragged, but I refused to go out in public. The secure protection and peace from my household was just enough for me to handle alone.


© 2010


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i love the description! my favorite line is, " Necessary conversations and erosions of laughter together are lost, profoundedly leaving nothing but sadness and emptiness in its' path." However profoundedly is spelled profoundly. But its ok. i love this line!!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

hmm very interesting, it caught my eye. It was very descriptive and I could really feel the character's pain. I like the fact that it leaves the reading thinking and wanting to know more about this character and what happened to her. Just one thing, you used a lot of "big words" which can sometimes repel a reader from your writing depending on their vocab, I understood it fine but sometimes the use to to many "big words" can through off the reader. Great write though, I'll have to read more when I get the chance:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very good. This is a strong opening that leaves the reader wanting to know how it started, where its going, and how Ego will deal with the changing tides of circumstance. You graphic depictions of what's going on are very tastefully done, and you use just the right amount of description to convey the imagery, but not enough to make the reader get impatient. Good job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I'm interested. That, in and of itself, impresses me. I'm difficult to interest in random stories. But this caught my attention. I now care about this girl who is so hurt that she has the ability to think about it. Not only that, but she seems practiced. Based on only what I've read here and the style with which you wrote it, it seems like someone intelligent, and wise, and possibly even talented and gifted, has been shattered. I like this more than I expected I would. Good job. =)

Posted 13 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

456 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 4, 2010
Last Updated on November 4, 2010


Author


Writing
Escape. Escape.

A Story by



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Don't You See? Don't You See?

A Poem by