Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Keevan

"You use alchemy on that room, and you're out of here," I said, slapping him on the head with a newspaper.

     "Just let me expand the perimeter a LITTLE," he begged. "Please, Lucy!"

     "No."

     "Why not!?"

     "I told you, I don't want you wrecking my house," I snapped at him. "Stop acting like a whiney kid, Edward."

     "Pleeeeeeease?" he begged again. "If you let me make it bigger, I'll get you the BEST birthday present ever next week!"

     "Absolutely not!" I said, hitting him with the newspaper again. "I told you a million times before, no means no! And second, I told you two million times before that I don't want to celebrate my birthday!"

     "You don't turn nineteen everyday, y'know," he said, shrugging, temporarily forgetting about his room.

     "Ed, I honestly don't care about my birthday," I said, putting my teacup in the sink to be washed later. "It's just another year closer to death."

     "You're a Homunculus," Edward said, reminding me yet again. "Your life span could either be doubled, or never ending."

     "But I age, Edward. I'm no different from a normal human being, except with a stupid tattoo under my skin, and a bad past." I rolled up the newspaper and gently hit Edward in the head with it before leaving the house.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

I was going to sit by the river and read the newspaper, but found it boring and uniteresting. So, I folded the newspaper into a boat and went to the water's edge. It floated for a good few seconds before getting too wet.

     I got it out of the water before it sunk, and wrung out the water, thus crumpling it up and throwing it away in the trashcan out front of my house.

     "Life here is too boring," I said to myself, looking around. "It's too quiet, not enough excitement. And Edward never leaves the house!" I turned and faced the house. "It's no wonder Winry and Pinako got sick of him, Munich has turned him into a lazy sack of unused alchemist."

     So, that's when I decided to go inside and drag Edward out of the house.

     He was still sitting in the kitchen, sulking, so I grabbed his ponytail and yanked him to the floor, thus dragging him out the door.

     "Hey, hey, hey!" he shouted. As soon as I threw him down the porch steps, I said, "Go to the marketplace and buy some carrots and celery for dinner tonight."

     "Why!?"
     "You need to get out of the house more often," I said, throwing him some money. "Don't take too long, okay, Ed?"

     "Fine, fine," he grumbled.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

He was taking too long.

     It was already past dark, and he wasn't back yet. I sighed and gave up waiting for him. I dug in a cupbaord and found some rice, which I threw in the rice steamer.

     "Yay, dinner," I said sarcastically. "It'd be better if I had some carrots. I wonder what happened..."

     The door opened, and Edward called, "I'm back." He set a bundle of carrots and a bundle of celery on the table and yawned.

     "Where the hell were you!?" I shouted agrilly.

     "I got sidetracked," he said. "I ended up buying some flowers, and I went to go visit mom. It took longer than I thought. Sorry."

     Okay, I had no excuse to be mad anymore. When Edward did leave the house, he went to go visit his mother's grave. I couldn't blame him for that.

     "So, what're you making?" he asked, sitting down at the table. "Rice and steamed vegetables?"

     "Y-Yeah," I said, remembering the rice in the steamer. "It'll be done in half an hour. Go do what you want until then."

______________________________________________________________________________

 

Laying in bed that night, it occured to me that Edward used to be a completely different person than the guy he was now. He was lazy, and didn't really aspire towards anything. He had no motivation whatsoever.

     I groaned and rolled over to look at my clock on the wall. It was eleven, exactly two hours after I went to bed. I sighed and got up, grabbing a sweatshirt as I opened my bedroom door.

     As I zipped it up, I was careful to not fall down the stairs like I did two nights before. I somehow slipped and almost broke my wrist. I didn't want to do that again.

     At the kitchen sink, I was going to get a glass of water, but I saw that Edward didn't do the dishes like he was supposed to. He never did what he was told...!

     At that thought, I smiled to myself and whispered out loud, "Now I feel like the mother of a small child instead of a housewife."

     I stayed up for the next hour doing the dishes, hoping that it would tire me out so I could sleep that night.

     When I was done.......I fell asleep on the couch.



© 2011 Keevan


Author's Note

Keevan
You: Boring book so far!
Me: I know, right!?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Happy endings don't always turn out so happy... They usually turn out boring and lonely :( lol. I'm sure you'll come up with some new conflict to put this story back on its wicked track! >:D

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

NOOO!!!

Me: Why havent the kissed yet?
You: I dub thee book, boring.
Me: But that doesnt answer my...
You: NO MORE QUESTIONS! DX

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

384 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 29, 2010
Last Updated on January 5, 2011
Tags: Fullmetal Alchemist, alchemy, fullmetal, alchemist, edward elric, alphonse elric, AWESOMNESS, Lucy


Author

Keevan
Keevan

MN



About
This account is active from time to time, but not much. If you send me a message or friend invite, odds are I won't respond. Since I"m in college, I'll be here from time to time but there are abso.. more..

Writing
Experiment 909 Experiment 909

A Story by Keevan


I I

A Chapter by Keevan