Chapter 9

Chapter 9

A Chapter by Keevan
"

That dang colonel!

"

"You said that you would take care of it," I said tonelessly.

     "I know, I know," he said, sounding somewhat sincere. "but I just can't right now, and some things have come up. I've already sent Hawkeye over to back you up. She's brining you your gun."

     "Fine," I said, not looking forward to having to kill that pervert. "What are my orders."

     "When the leiutenant reaches you, you are to head out to your father's house. Arrest him. If he resists, do whatever nessesary to contain him. Kill him, if you must. Understand?"

     "Yeah, yeah," I muttered, giving up.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

By the time Leiutenant Hawkeye arrived in her car from Central, Edward still hadn't returned.

     I halfheartedly zipped up my sweatshirt, hiding the locket, and I put the bracelet in my pocket.

     "I know you don't want to do this," she said as I climbed into the front seat of the car. She handed me my gun. "Just bear with it. Hopefully you don't have to kill him."

     I remained silent as she started down the road.

     After a few minutes of silence, she said, "I promise, Lucy, I won't let him hurt you."

     I still didn't say anything, but I knew I could trust the Leiutenant. Riza Hawkeye had been basically the definition of a mother to me ever since I joined the military.

     It wasn't long before his house was in sight. The porch light was on, even though it was morning on a sunny day.

     "Let's go," she said, parking the car a little ways away from the house. She handed me my black pistol. I looked at it, remembering all of the people I had killed with it. All those lives I took....

     "Snap out of it, Lucy," Riza said suddenly as she got out of the car. I got out, too, and saw what she meant. The Bad Man was now sitting on his porch steps, looking at us.

     "You are under arrest, by orders of Colonel Roy Mustang," Riza said as we approached him, our guns hidden. "I suppose by now, you know who that is?"

     "Of course, how could I forget?" he said with a half smile. "The man who took care of my little girl after she got taken away. Tell me, girl, how've you been?"

     "I'm not answering to you!" I shrieked without meaning to. I felt my hands shaking. I really hated this man, and I was really afraid of him.

     His grin got bigger, and he stood up, his hands in his pockets.

     "You are under arrest," Riza said again in a more stern voice. "and as you know, you aren't to lay a hand on this girl." 

     "She's nineteen, she can take care of herself." he said, sticking his hands in his pockets. "C'mon, let her off her leash. It's not like you're her mother or anything. Her mother's dead--"

     The leiutenant shot her gun with a deafening blast, cutting him off. She shot, but got him in his right arm--his AutoMail arm. He grinned and said, "Oh, and I can't leave my darling little Serah out. Such a good girl, she was--"

     "You molested her!" I screamed, shooting my gun. He moved to the left, his grin still on his face, and the bullet rebounded off of his AutoMail again.

     "Damn it!" I shouted, firing again. Once again, he shifted, and the bullet hit his AutoMail.

     "You made my childhood hell!" I screetched, firing again and again, each bullet hitting his AutoMail. "You stole it from me! B*****d!"

     "Lucy, calm down!" I only heard Riza faintly as I fired my gun again and again. I didn't realize I was crying. I didn't realize I was screaming. I didn't realize I had fellen to the ground, still pulling the trigger on an empty pistol. I didn't realize that Riza was kneeling by me, her hands on my shoulders.

     "Kill him!" I screamed. "Kill him! You have to kill him!"

     I also didn't realize that the Bad Man got away.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

"This is obviously too much for you to handle," Riza said gently as she helped me into the car. My hands were shaking, and I still wouldn't stop firing the empty gun. I kept mumbling that the Bad Man needed to die.

     "We'll catch him," Riza assured as she drove me home. "Don't worry about it. I'll find him on my own. Just let me borrow your phone so I can contact Colonel Mustang."

     "Yeah, sure," I mumbled.

     She eventually parked the car in front of my house just as Edward walked up the porch steps.

     "What--What happened!?" he asked when he saw me.

     "I'll explain in a minute," Riza said as she ushered me into the house and sat me down on the couch. "I need to borrow your phone, if that's okay."

     "Yeah, go for it," Edward said as he sat next to me. He gently placed a hand on my shoulder and asked me what happened as I heard Riza dial the phone across the room.

     "I couldn't do it," I muttered, still pulling the trigger on the gun. "I couldn't...I need to...Edward, I..."

     I just couldn't finish that thought. That I couldn't kill the Bad Man, and that I needed him killed.

     "Just--Just relax," Edward said as he took the gun out of my hands and set it on the coffe table just out of my reach.

     "I need it--" I started as I reached for the gun.

     "No, you don't," Edward said, taking my trembling hands in his. "You don't need it for any reason at all."

     "He's still out there--"

     "And I won't let him get to you," Edward said, squuzing my hands a little harder. "I promise. You can trust me."

     "I can...I can trust you."

     "Yeah."



© 2011 Keevan


Author's Note

Keevan
Heart Strings:


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

DAMN, HE GOT AWAY! EDWARD, DO SOMETHING!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Bring the LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awwww!!! LET THERE BE ROMANCE DARNIT!!

He got away....shoot.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

450 Views
3 Reviews
Added on December 6, 2010
Last Updated on January 5, 2011
Tags: Fullmetal Alchemist, alchemy, fullmetal, alchemist, edward elric, alphonse elric, AWESOMNESS, Lucy


Author

Keevan
Keevan

MN



About
This account is active from time to time, but not much. If you send me a message or friend invite, odds are I won't respond. Since I"m in college, I'll be here from time to time but there are abso.. more..

Writing
Experiment 909 Experiment 909

A Story by Keevan


I I

A Chapter by Keevan