Chapter 19

Chapter 19

A Chapter by Keevan

Edward

 

I ran off the train and saw how dark it was. I wondered if Winry found Lucy yet.

     I skipped going to Winry's and headed straight to Lucy's, hoping that Winry at least brought her home.

     When I got to the house, the door was ajar, and there was no one inside.

     "Lucy?" I called when I walked in. "I'm-I'm back." I tried going upstairs, and she wasn't up there, either. I went back down, and saw pieces of a broken dish around the sink. There was blood on one of the pieces.

     "Damn it, Lucy!" I shouted as I ran out the door. "You idiot! YOU IDIOT!" What the hell was going on with her?!

     The sky was even darker than it was before I went in the house, and the wind was picking up. I heard thunder in the distance. I had to get her home before it started raining.

     Whatever the hell was going on, I was going to bring her back.

 

Lucy

 

What's so funny? Envy asked mockingly. You sound insane. What, oh, what would the Fullmetal Pipsqueak think if he saw you like this?

     Shut up! I screamed in my head, where I--thank God!--was still me. Stop doing this to me! You're supposed to be dead!

     But I am, Envy said. I'm alive in your mind, though. He laughed a sick laugh that shook my core. My body temporarily stopped laughing long enough to take a breath. Looking around, I was standing in the middle of a path with nothing around but rolling hills and grass swaying in the breeze. The sky was darker. The wind picked up. It smelled of rain, and there was a light thunder in the distance.

     Envy was confusing me. Envy was scaring me. Hell, I was scaring myself. I wanted this to stop before someone other than me got hurt.

     Envy, please stop this, I pleaded while my body stood frozen on that hill, the unnatural smile plastered on my face. What do you gain by doing this?

     He didn't answer me. A laugh escaped my mouth, and I wanted to kill Envy for making me loose control of my body.

     My vision was still black and fuzzy around the edges, but I wasn't seeing as much red as before. I didn't see the little black shadows anymore.

     I could only imagine what Edward would say if he saw me.

     I wonder if you can ever go back to the way you were, Envy snickered. I'd be amazed if you were normal again. Or, as normal as you ever could be, that is.

     SHUT UP! I screamed in my mind. You're not real!"

     Bad move. I sensed that Envy got angry and annoyed with me, but at the same time, I felt a cleansing course through my body. My head clouded up, and I couldn't stand anymore. I crumpled to the ground, no longer feeling a smile on my face. My vision was fine, if not a little hazy, and it occurred to me that I wasn't in Envy's control anymore.

     I sat up and looked around, and saw Envy standing right in front of me in his human form. But, he was transparent.

     You're really annoying and stupid, you know that? he said. It took you 'til NOW to realize it!

     "I..uh, eh--" I stuttered, not sure what to say to this. Envy then kicked me in the stomach, and it felt real to me. He had a wicked grin back on his face.

     I'm going to haunt you forever, he snickered as I spat blood on the ground. He kicked me in the face this time with so much force, I heard and felt my jaw crack. Even though he was transparent, he could still beat me up and make it hurt like hell!

     You've lost your spine, he said with disgust. Truly pitiful, Pain.

     "Don't call me that!" I shouted, shakily standing up. Envy smiled even wider and did his trick that I couldn't stand in the least: he transformed. And he transformed into Edward.

     Oh, no, he said, mimicking Edward's voice. My dear, little Lucy is going insane! What do I do?! Leave her so I don't get hurt?! That's probably the best thing to do in this situation!

     "SHUT UP!" I screamed, launching my fist at Envy/Edward's face. He was still transparent, and even though Envy kicked me without a problem, my fist went through him.

     "Damn it!" I shouted, angry that I couldn't hit Envy. I couldn't kill him for making me go through all that.

     Envy was going to say something---probably something insulting---when off in the distance I heard someone shouting my name. Envy's grin got bigger, and he said, Sounds like ol' Pipsqueak's home!

     I quickly turned around to try and see him, and that's when I felt a stab of pain in the back of my head. My face hit the dirt, and everything went black.

 

Edward

 

"Lucy!" I shouted again. "Lucy, where are you?!" I had been at it for what felt like hours before I caught a glimpse of a girl with brown hair standing on a hill. It was her. And next to her was something I couldn't quite make out...

      I ran towards her, knowing nothing was going to stand in my way, when she turned and looked at me. After that, her eyes got wide, and she fell to the ground below her.

     "Lucy!" I screamed, running faster. When I finally reached her, I knealt down by her and awkwardly positioned her in my arms.

     "Lucy," I said loudly, wiping the blood off of her face with my sleeve. "Lucy, wake up! Stay with me, Lucy!" At least she was still breathing.

     I picked her up and carried her all the way back home. There was something I had to tell her when she woke up.



© 2011 Keevan


Author's Note

Keevan

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Go Edo go! Go Edo go!

Posted 13 Years Ago


EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

375 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 9, 2011
Last Updated on January 9, 2011


Author

Keevan
Keevan

MN



About
This account is active from time to time, but not much. If you send me a message or friend invite, odds are I won't respond. Since I"m in college, I'll be here from time to time but there are abso.. more..

Writing
Experiment 909 Experiment 909

A Story by Keevan


I I

A Chapter by Keevan