Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Keevan

Yes, Resembool life was boring. I was more used to working in Central on assassinations and just hanging out in a dank alley smoking, but I guess Resembool was okay.

     I gave up smoking. I figured that if I didn't smoke for two years when I was in Munich, that I didn't need to do it ever again. So far, so good.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

"Um, Lucy...?" Edward said as he walked into the house that afternoon. He had a very confused look on his face.

     "What's the matter?" I asked, positive that it was nothing.

     "There's this...old lady here to see you," he said, as if he couldn't believe it.

     "What...?"

     "Just get out there and deal with it," he said, slunking to his room upstairs. I sighed and went to the door of the house. Just as Edward had said, there was an elderly woman with silver hair tied in a bun sitting on my porch steps.

     "What a lovely little house," I heard her mutter.

     "Um, excuse me, ma'am?" I said, crouching next to her on the steps. "Can I help you?"

     "Oh, Lucille," she said, looking up at me with a smile on her wrinkley face. "It's been so long..."

     "Who are you exactly?" I asked as I helped her stand up.

     "I'm not surprised you don't remember me," she said, a sad but happy expression now on her face. "I am your mother's mother. In other words, I'm your grandmother."

     "I didn't know I--"

     "You wouldn't," she said, taking my hands. "The last time I saw you and Serah, she was an infant, and you were just a newborn.

     "You can call me Marn," she continued. "Everyone calls me by my name."

     "Um, okay, Marn," I said, not feeling quite comfortable. "Just call me Lucy. I've dropped Lucille."

     "Lucy," she said with a laugh. "Okay, I've got it. Now, will you mind telling me who that nice young boy was?"

     I flinched and let her inside, starting tea.

     "His name is Edward," I said. "He's a friend of mine. You might know him as the Fullmetal Alchemist. He's quite famous around Central City, I guess."

     "Is he your husband?" she asked. I almost threw up in my mouth a little.

     "No!" I said a little too quickly. "He's just a friend who's--who's living with me because the other people he was living with got tired of his laziness!"

     "Ah, so you're taking him in out of pity?"

     "I wouldn't say that..."

     "So why did you take him in?" I could feel her glare burning holes into my back.

     "I guess," I started. "to repay him, maybe, for all he's done for me."

     "Out of love," she said, sounding like she just solved a mystery.

     "Or course not!" I sputtered, turning around and facing her. "Did you hear a word I said before, granny!?"

      "Call me Marn," she said sternly. "and yes, I did. But I was eighteen once, too, Lucy. Oh, aren't you almost nineteen now?"

     "Yes," I said, eager to change the subject. "My birthday's next week. August 18th."

     "I'll be sure to keep that in mind," she said as the tea kettle whistled.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

"Thank you for a lovely afternoon," she said as she went to the door to leave.

     "Um, feel free to come back anytime," I said. "It was nice meeting you, Marn."

     "It was nice to see you again, Lucy," she said, lightly gripping one of my hands before going.

     I stood and watched as her shillouette got smaller and smaller as she disappeared down the road and went over a hill.

     I closed the front door and hollered up the stairs, "Yo, Fullmetal! She's gone, you can come down now!"

     In no time at all, Edward bounded down the stairs and the first words out of his mouth were, "I'm hungry. What'cha makin' for dinner?"

     I sighed and pulled a container of cold hard rice out of the fridge from two nights before and handed it to him, saying, "Bon apetite, loser."

     "Jerk."

     "A*s."



© 2011 Keevan


Author's Note

Keevan
Short. :/

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

LUCY KNOWS SHE WANTS HIM! THEY WILL BE TOGETHER SOMEDAY, I SWEAR IT!!!!!! XD

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I have a feeling I am going to like Marn.

But seriously, are you THAT turned off by Ed, Lucy? D: Throwing up in your mouth a little? LEAVE THAT TO KODA, AND SHE STILL FINDS HIM ATTRACTIVE!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

347 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 1, 2010
Last Updated on January 5, 2011
Tags: Fullmetal Alchemist, alchemy, fullmetal, alchemist, edward elric, alphonse elric, AWESOMNESS, Lucy


Author

Keevan
Keevan

MN



About
This account is active from time to time, but not much. If you send me a message or friend invite, odds are I won't respond. Since I"m in college, I'll be here from time to time but there are abso.. more..

Writing
Experiment 909 Experiment 909

A Story by Keevan


I I

A Chapter by Keevan