Twenty-Seven

Twenty-Seven

A Chapter by allieverwanted

“Where are you taking me?” Darby asked with a giggle as Seth opened the car door for her.

“Someplace where we can be alone and forget about everything,” he replied with a smile.

How could we forget?

But she let it go, impressed that he was trying.

The car ride was around a half hour and on the way Seth readied her for what he was going to reveal.

“Keep in mind that no one will be able to find us here. It’s not spectacular but it’s nice.”

She laughed, “You sound apologetic. I’m excited for it.”

As the car stopped she hopped out and he led her to a small house.

She beamed as she took it in. It was a modern day house on the outskirts of the suburbs. It wasn’t showy, but it was cute and looked cozy. And there wasn’t a faerie in sight. 

“What do you think?” He wrapped and arm around her shoulders.

“It’s wonderful! But for one night, isn’t it a lot?”

“I was thinking we’d have it for whenever we wanted to be fully alone. I bought it for us.”

She turned around kissed him, “It’s perfect.”

“It’s all for you,” he showed her up the steps and into the fully furnished home. 

They sat down on the bed in one of the back rooms and Darby rested her head on Seth’s shoulder.

They were quiet for awhile until she said, “Are you scared?”

“About what?”

“Everything.”

“I’m unsure about the war, but not scared. I can’t be scared, that doesn’t make a good leader. But what does scare me is you.”

“Me? Why do I scare you?” She nearly laughed at such an absurd thought.

“You’re smart, beautiful, you could do so much better than me. I’m afraid one day you’ll realize it.”

She stared at him in disbelief.

How could I do better? You’re perfect!

“I’m worried you’re going to ask me to leave,” she admitted.

He ran his hand down her cheek, “That would never happen.”

She kissed him, allowing her emotions to take control of her. Sunlight radiated off of him as they touched, even though it was in the middle of the night. The temperature in the room increased intensely as he pulled off his shirt and his wings wrapped her in a golden embrace.

Darby wasn’t thinking properly, dazed from all the light; but she knew in that moment that he was what she wanted.

“I love you,” she murmured as he was kissing her neck.

She could hear the smile in his voice, “Ti amo anche, bella.”

That phrase made her even more lightheaded. For him to say “I love you too, beautiful” in her native language made her glow. She was unbelievably happy with him and she knew that it would stay that way from now on.


Seth put a stray hair back behind Darby’s ear. The taste of her joy and love was so strong he felt drunk with it. Being with her made him forget that there was a world outside that room.

She kissed him gently before lying her head back down on his chest. She waited a second before asking, “Do you believe that everything happens for a reason?”

He paused, “I don’t know. Sometimes, but in the process a lot of innocent people get screwed over. I don’t know what the reason is for making that okay. Why?”

“I think I was meant to be a faerie so I could be with you. And everything that happened with Kellen was to get me to this point.”

“I like that,” he kissed the top of her head.

“Around you, I lose everything that isn’t regarding your presence. I felt the connection even when I was human.”

“You were a strong mortal, now a strong faerie. I couldn’t hide that I was absolutely terrified to meet you,” he chuckled.

“I’m not very intimidating,” she laughed.

“You can command anything while still being unbelievably elegant.”

Even if she can’t see the control she holds.

She smiled, “Thanks, but I think being in the sun to long has messed with your head.”

“It’s ridiculous that you can’t seem to see how lovely you are,” he said in a slight awe.

She gently pressed her lips to his, “You think so highly of me, I hope that I can live up to your expectations.”

“You always do,” he promised.

She sighed calmly and closed her eyes, “When I lay beside you I feel like lazy afternoons in the summer, out on the grass under the sun.”

He beamed, “Just by laying beside me you feel all that?”

“Yep, you have very interesting affects on people; which I’m sure you have no idea about.”

“None at all,” he told her, “But I’m curious about my affect on you.”

“I feel like there’s nothing without you.”

Why do I like that so much?

He nearly shivered at such a cruel thought.

“I have nothing without you,” he ran a finger from her shoulder down her arm. 

“We need each other,” she stated with a smile.

“I can live with what,” he grinned.

Ti amo.

“I love you, too.”

You have no idea.



© 2011 allieverwanted


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
Added on October 10, 2011
Last Updated on October 10, 2011


Author

allieverwanted
allieverwanted

Elmira, OR



About
I'm Aliya and I am sixteen. Writing is my passion and I plan on becoming a published author someday. I have written six books (mind you only three of them are any good) and am working on my sevent.. more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by allieverwanted


Two Two

A Chapter by allieverwanted