Terra

Terra

A Chapter by Regan :)

"Heads up Terra!" Someone yelled. All of a suden a volley of spitballs came at me. I tried to dodge them but almost all of them hit me. I picked out some of the pieces and stood up angrily. "Cut it out!" I yelled at the boys. Just then the bus hit a bump and I fell into the isle. They burst out into more laughter. I managed to crawl back in my seat. This was all Lilly's fault. Why had she done this to me? Just because I wore the same stupid shirt as her one day. Well actually it's more than just that. Near the end of sixth grade I accidentally wore the same shirt as Lilly. You see no one could be better than Lilly. She just had to be the most popular, pretty, smart, and had to have the best clothes. So if somebody steps out of line, well good luck to them. One of Lilly's stupid friends, Olive, saw me in the shirt and decided to tell Lilly. She even told her that I looked better in it which managed to piss Lilly off even more. So during lunch on that day she came up to my table. "I better not see you in that shirt again." Lilly said in her snobby voice. I wasn't going to let her boss me around, so I stood up. I was a little taller than Lilly so it made it a lot better. 
"Don't tell me what to do." I said trying to control my anger. Lilly loked surprised and a little embarrassed since by then everyone was watching. She recovered quickly though and poured milk all over my shirt. 
"Oops," she said innocently. Everyone began to laugh. Before Lilly could walk back to her table, I dumped my chili cheese fries all over her. Everyone began to laugh even louder. Lilly stood their in pure shock. Then she snapped out of it. 
"You better watch yourself," Lilly said, walking away, "You don't  know who your'e messing with." 
"Oh I know who I'm messing with," I said filled with power, "I'm messing with Lilly Darton." For the rest of the day I felt like I was on the top of the world. People complimented me in the hallways and everything. But then everything changed that night. I logged onto my twitter account. My page was filled up with comments, which I had expected. But what I hadn't expected was what they said. 
"R u rlly tht desperate? U couldn't wait any longer?"
"Wht a s**t!" 
"Whts ur problem?" 
"Wow I cnt believe you!"
"You w***e!" 
I stopped reading them. I was so confused. How had this happened? Then it dawned on me. Lilly. I typed in her username. On her page was a status that said
"Omg did you know that Terra isn't a virgin!" 
Little did I know that that was the beginning to worse things. More rumors about me spread. Lilly threatened everyone that if I was their friend she would do something bad to them. No one wanted to be my friend anymore. She posted more statuses about me, turned everyone against me, posted embarrassing pictures of me, sent me hate mail. By the end of the year it wasn't just Lilly being the bully, it was the whole school. Even my  best friends had turned against me. 
So here I was in seventh grade and I was still getting picked on. I ignored the laughter that continued on for about five minutes but then the bus driver yelled at them and they settled down. Just then a larger piece of paper landed in my lap. I stared at it listening to the laughter in the front. I was tempted to throw it back at them but that would make me look weak. So I slowly opened the crumpled paper. I read,
Terra, 
I was wondering if you would want to go to the winter dance with me? 
Love, Tommy 
My heart fluttered. Tommy just asked me to the dance! I poked my head out in the aisle. Tommy wasn't looking. Maybe he was just doing that because he thought I would say no. Just then another piece of paper hit me. But before I could read it I called out to Tommy. "Hey Tommy," I said kind of nervously, he turned his head towards me. His blue eyes made my stomach full of butterflies. "I would love to go to the dance with you." I smiled. Everyone started laughing again. 
"Read the note you dork!" Someone shouted. I opened the second paper that hit me. 
Terra Loserton, 
Haha jk why would tommy want to ask you to the dance! Why would anyone want to ask you to the dance! 
Hate always, the buss 
My stomach dropped. I looked into the aisle again. Tommy's face was beat red and he was telling his friends to stop. He mouthed sorry to me. I shook my head trying to hold back the tears. I had made a complete fool of myself. Why would I think that Tommy Jenkins, the coolest and cutest kid in school, would ask me Terra Loterston. Finally the bus pulled up to school. I hoped, as I was getting off the bus, that the day wouldn't get any worse, but there was no chance. 


© 2012 Regan :)


Author's Note

Regan :)
What do you think I should do?
1. Finish this story and do kind of like a mini series of different people getting bullie
2. Continue on this story and just keep it on terra's point of view
or
3. Continue on this story and put it as different point of views (examples- terra's old friends, lilly, lilly's friends,)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm not sure if it's just my own opinion, but your repeated use of the word "stupid" kind of makes Terra look a bit unlikeable as well. It suggests a level of self-confidence that she is better than Ella and the rest of her friends. I like how Terra goes from having this personality reassured by her standing up to Ella in the class, to having it completely broken down in the face of online and physical bullying. It really shows how much it has changed her. However, agreeing to Tommy's request was also interesting because it means that Terra still has a level of self-esteem. Whether this self-esteem is more of a form of self-comfort that she's still better than those who bully her or not, I don't know, but this story really gets me thinking and I enjoy it.

Posted 4 Years Ago


I think you should do the first option. This is really good, and little children can be ansolutely barbaric towards each other. I've often thought there's nothing more cruel and vicious and bloodthirsty than a room full of little heathen kids. I think Terra's story is an important one--this type of bullying is unforgiveable, as it leads to the victims commiting suicide or destroying their future lives. I hope Tommy comes to Terra and lifts her out of this depression . . . he is obviously the one who could save her--that's invaluable

Posted 11 Years Ago


it was really good.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 and 2

Posted 11 Years Ago


NUMBA 2222222

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 10, 2012
Last Updated on October 19, 2012


Author

Regan :)
Regan :)

Texas , Vancouver, Canada



About
I enjoy writing (of course), softball, hunting, and hanging out with my friends. more..

Writing