Chapter 1: Charisma

Chapter 1: Charisma

A Chapter by Miss Urban Fiction

 PART ONE

Spring 2009

                                     *Charisma*

"Mom I'm going out!" I yelled from the stairs.

"Be home before eight!" She yelled and I just rolled my eyes.

"Alright,"

                I grew up the only child in my home. Not a spoiled brat, or the major popular girl, just me. I lived with my mom and my grandma, me and my mother wasn't' close at all, she disagreed towards everything when it came to me going places. Those were the times I wished I knew my father but things happen for a reason. My mother was a devout Christian, so it really bothered her with certain things I do. As for my grandmother, she was 66 years old but she was role model, she told me the good and the bad about life and not to let anything bring me down.

                I walked into the living room and saw my grandmother sitting there watching the news like she always would.

"Hey there grandma, How are you doing?" I said and kissed her on the cheek.

"Hey baby girl, you going out already?" She asked smiling at me.

"Yeah, Devin and I are going out to the mall with Kristy." She cut her eyes and turned to the news. MY grandma had her deep problems with Kristy.

"Grandma, it's ok, I'm going to handle Kristy for you." I said and kissed her on the cheek, Then got up, "I love you,"

"Love you too baby." I ran out the house and went to Devin's car.

                Devin was my best friend ever since I saw  him in high school. He was light skinned, tattooed from his neck to his chest. He had snow white eyes and a little skinny frame but that didn't stop girls from jumping on him. That really wasn't my problem, he was just my best friend, nothing more or less.

"Wassup Devin?" I got in the car and gave him a hug.

"Wassup?" He yawned and I put my hand over his mouth, "Thanks,"

'Your welcome, sounds like you had a hard morning,"

"Did I? I woke up to the neighbors downstairs making mad noise,"

             Devin was living by himself ever since he was sixteen when his mother set out for her own life. He had his life on track and had money; he was even driving his own car, a 2009 Dodge Charger all white. The only reason why he had all this money was because he was a drug dealer. It really didn't shock me but he was still my best friend drug dealer or not. He really didn't talk about it because he was working a legal job at Walgreens which I worked at too.

"Aw poor baby, you should have told me earlier to get you some coffee." I said.

"Naw, I'm cool, I'm about to head to Walgreens to get my check if that's cool with you." He said already making turns to the store.

"Well you already are heading there so I might as well go get my check too, but what about Kristy?" He looked dead at me.

"Oh the same Kristy that almost or always has a different dude on her arm?"

                I sat there and laughed a little. Kristy was that type of girl that couldn't keep a man on her arm, me and Devin was surprised that she wasn't pregnant yet but she was kind of the 46st shone (shone means hoe if you don't know) and the school shone but that was still my close friend. Living in Miami was the best thing for me since it was home but at Northwestern Senior High School as a senior you had to watch your back especially when it came to sex.

"Listen that's all Kristy not me, we are just going to the mall,"

"Whatever man, that girl is fucked up crazy and she f**k every man in her path." We got to Walgreens and not that much people like always. We got inside and saw Mr.J at the cash register.

"Charisma, how are you doing?" He said kindly.

 

"I'm fine." I answered.

"And how's your mother?"

"She's fine." Mr.J always treats me with respect at all times. He looked at me deeply in the eyes and smiled. I sometimes thought that he was creepy because of the way he treated me so nicely then the other workers and the way he looked at me.

"Um, Mr.J, do you have you my check?" Devin asked and he reached under the desk and handed us both our checks.

"Thanks J." I said.

"You welcome baby girl." We both walked out of the store and got in the car.

"So much you got?" Devin asked.

"66.50! Thanks to the overtime that I did!"I chucked.

"75 bucks! Ha!" He said and I started laughing.

"So you think you the s**t?"

"Naw, this is just petty money man,"

"Uh huh cause you was making weed money on the side." Sometimes I thought Devin shouldn't even be working nor having a job but that was the only way for the police to not find him. I guess that's the only way for him to just be a regular teen.



© 2011 Miss Urban Fiction


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i love thissss story


Posted 13 Years Ago


wow .. nice nice
interesting character this devin guy is, very cool and i m curious now
as to whats going to happen next..

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 5, 2011
Last Updated on May 5, 2011


Author

Miss Urban Fiction
Miss Urban Fiction

North Miami Beach, FL



About
I am 16 from Miami, Florida and i write urban fiction books because i am so inspiried by what Eric Jerome Dickey and CArl Weber writes. For me i want to be a writer that actually wants to get at least.. more..

Writing