Chapter 6: Devin

Chapter 6: Devin

A Chapter by Miss Urban Fiction

*Chapter 6*

*Devin*

Charisma actually thought I wasn't going to be massively mad at her today. She made me at least ten minutes late to work and she had me worried during for her a*s.

"Hey Dev!" Mr. J said coming behind me as I just finished getting the boxes out of the truck.

"Yeah." I said sitting on the stool behind me and wiped the sweat off my forehead.

"Wassup with Charisma?" He asked and I just clenched my teeth.

"Man I don’t know, ask her."

"I did, and all she did was rolled her eyes and continued working, so I want to know what's going on before is rapidly escalates and y'all start a world war seven in my store." He said and I stayed quiet for around two seconds before I snapped.

"Tell me why the f**k she made me late and why she aint tell me she was with someone else during lunch man?" I was so mad I literally turned red. Mr. J sat right beside me.

"Oh gosh, who she spent lunch with?"

"Some dude named Jerell."

"Ohhhh so that's what it is? Remember she is single, she has the right to hang out with guys and be happy, and do you want her to be happy?" I put my head down, I did want her to be happy but not with Jerell.

"Yeah I do, but that Jerell dude; there is something about him that I don’t like."

"Is there?"

"Hell yeah."

"Well you need to go and talk to Charisma right now before she go and do something crazy, alright?" he asked and I took off my gloves and went to the bathroom and changed out of my sweaty clothes to some fresh ones.

I got out and saw Charisma getting finished with the last customer so I rushed to go and talk to her.

"Charisma." I said.

"Yeah." She answered wiping the counter.

"I'm sorry for snapping at you."

"It's cool, I know you were mad so I had to let you cool down for a bit."

"It's just the fact that you aint call me to say you was going to be with someone else during lunch and you didn’t call me and say you have a ride to work, by the way, who drove you to work?" She just started to wipe the counter even harder than before, now she was hiding something. I stopped her and put my hand over hers. "Charisma, you never keep anything from me, Wassup?" she stood their quiet.

"It was-"

"Ay bruh, excuse me." I quickly let go of Charisma’s hand. "Wassup babe." I turned around and saw Jerell. Babe? Where was this coming from?

"Hey Jerell." She said smiling from ear to ear.

Damn, I see my babe working too hard. You need to get out of here." There goes that word again 'Babe'. What was this dude talking about now?

"What you doing here?" She asked and I just leaned on the other side of the cash register.

"Trying to find an excuse to come and see you." She started laughing then someone tapped my shoulder and I tuned and saw this beautiful coconut skinned, thick woman with light brown eyes stand before me.

"Um, is this register open?" She asked and I was just looking at her sexy a*s hour glass figure.

"Um yeah, hold on." I got behind the register and started ringing up her stuff and when I looked at Charisma she was switching tongues at work! So obviously this girl had a boyfriend and she aint tell me? Typical. "That will be ten ninety-five." I said then she handed me a fifty dollar bill.

"Keep the change." she smiled and looked at me seductively and left. It was my lucky a*s day then I opened the fifty dollar bill and held it in the light and saw a phone number and on top of it, it said: call me :). Damn, I still got it. I had to make sure I called her a*s. I turned back to Charisma still kissing.

"Mr. J coming." I lied and Charisma moaned a little a pushed Jerell and they both started laughing, and she took her fingers and wiped his lips.

"Damn, so I see you later?" Jerell asked.

"Umm yeah when I get home I’m going to call you, alright?" He licked his lips testimony.

“Yeah.” She gave him another kiss and he left. She started laughing and smiling from ear to ear like SpongeBob.

“You know you can’t be doing that at work right?” I questioned her and she rolled her eyes at me.

“So aint like Mr. J was out here or we had mad costumers.” She stated and went on to organizing around her register. “Anyways I saw that girl giving you a number on that fifty dollar bill.” She smiled.

“You could see that real fine huh?” I muttered.

“What?”

“Nothing, It aint nothing, I might as well call her right?” She rolled her eyes and sucked her eyes.

“I don’t care.”

“Man whatever, so tonight we going to Piggy’s party like we panned?” She got from behind the register and scratched behind her neck.

“About that.” I know damn well she wasn’t going to go and do some stupid s**t with this dude she knew for about one day. “I can’t because I promised Jerell…” Oh no Charisma was already getting hooked to this Jerell dude and cancelling on a plan that we was going to do ever since last month and going with this dude who didn’t even exist three or four days ago. Now it was starting to disturb me that she was a sucker for love.

A few more hours past and it was closing time. It was Mr. J, me, and Charisma.

“So both of you guys apologized to each other?” Mr. J asked locking the door.

“Yeah.” We both answered.

“Good because, I don’t like seeing tension between workers.” I looked over at Charisma and saw that she was even listening to a letter that Mr. J was saying; instead she was smiling and giggling at her phone, obviously Jerell. “Charisma.” Mr. J said.

“Yeah, Mr. J?” She answered still staring dead into her phone.

“Next time I find you kissing on the job you will be suspended with no pay.” She looked at him with a shocked expression. That’s what caught her attention.

“What the hell?” She said, and I burst out laughing.

“Same goes for you pretty boy.” He said and I stopped laughing. “I saw you trying to get with one of the customers numbers.” He said and I just cracked a little smile.

“Yeah that’s what happened all right.” I said then took my keys out of my pocket.

“OK lover girl let’s go, Mr. J I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Alright.” Me and Charisma went to the car and the whole drive all I heard was her clicking on her damn cell phone. I was ready to throw it out the window but I wasn’t that mean. She was giggling the whole time. Once we got to her house, she was still texting and she got out the car still texting and didn’t even say a word to me.

“Well bye to your a*s too.” I said and drove off. I looked at the number the girl at the work gave me. She was a good looking female, so might as well call her and see what Wassup. I called her and waited for her to at least take a quick answer but after called she aint pick (so called lucky me). I just decided that I might as well go home and chill by myself watching a bunch of scary movies. I drove to my house and saw my neighbor Lion smoking his life on the steps.

Lion was only sixteen and started dealing when he was around fourteen. He was a little young to even be doing that s**t but his mother didn’t care. Usually the things for drug dealing got handed to him it was all inherited from his father which he lived with. Honestly I wouldn’t do all that with my son but Lion didn’t care, he was making mad money. He was an average kid in school and played quarterback for the school’s football team too. But this weed that he was smoking was going to make him mad slow on the field.

“Lion, what’s good dude?” I said walking up to the top step and sat by him.

“What’s good? You know I’m…” He took a deep puff of his blunt inhaled deep then exhaled basically a fat a*s cloud of smoke. “Good.” I shook my head and laughed.

“So why you out here smoking?” I asked.

“Man Whitney is getting on my f*****g nerves!”

Whitney was Lions crazy a*s girlfriend. There was something about that girl which made her hell of a f*****g physco b***h. This girl was like a worldwide security camera, she knew anything and everything that Lion did. This n***a couldn’t talk about or talk to a girl without getting bummed rushed knowing half a second later. She tried to get me to talk about what Lion would do back home, this crazy b***h.

“Man what she up to now?” I said taking the blunt from him and taking a puff.

“Damn man, so there is these so called rumors that I fucked Sandy.” He explained. I started laughing at that name.

“Sandy down the block? The shone right?” I asked.

“Obviously man, the girl been trying to get me and I rejected her cause of Whitney. Man, if this female wasn’t my girl s**t, I would handle Sandy.”

I shook my head and laughed then said “Man you really don’t want that, that girl is beyond ridiculous with these men. I’m talking about this girl would have dude waiting in line for her.”

“I really don’t give a s**t about her, I want to be single and find a new girl to tell the truth cause Whitney is just making me her little b***h for real.” I passed him back the blunt.

That was one thing that had me spooked and that was these overprotective, over dramatic, and stupid crazy to be with me. Girls these days had the whole world revolving around them. Honestly I hate that, I don’t like being a girls little dog. I wanted to be my own person.

“When is she saying all these stuff about other girls?” I asked.

“Man I don’t even know wants to talk about her, but your dad came through.” I looked at him in disbelief, my dad.

“F**k he came for?”

“Man you know somehow this n***a found out that you were low on rent money and he said to call him.”

The original Devin, my father. I was named after this man, unfortunately as Devin Jr. My father was a man still in his gang ways literally telling what kids should go back in Detroit where I was raised. He had other people making him money by selling cocaine and ecstasy pills. By the time me and my mother moved when I was ten and he went to jail for five years for drug trafficking. When this dude got out of jail he never called or even f*****g sent a letter. When he found out that my mother left my a*s and I started living by myself, this dude moved down here like a few hours away, and started sending me envelopes of cash. I didn’t accept anything at all, AT ALL! I didn’t accept him or his trust.

I got up and walked to mail box and took out the manila envelope I reached in and took out a bunch of hundreds. I counted it and it was a solid five grand. I just gave a chuckle and walked back to Lion. I sat down on the step and gave him five hundred.

“Damn man, that’s cool. Thanks.”

“You welcome.” I saw Cyntheria the prostitute from around the way which I never fucked. “Ay Cyntheria!” I yelled from across the street and she strutted from across the street to us wearing this short green dress looking like sprite can.

“Wassup boo, you need a get up?” She said smacking her gun.

“Naw but here.” I handed her two hundred dollars.

“Aw thank you Hun.” She tried to give me a kiss and I pushed her away.

“Five feet Cyntheria, five.”

“Alright, I hope you not playing me for some bullshit.”

“Man NO! It aint nothing like that.” She rolled her eyes and strutted back across the street. There was one thing I wasn’t going to and that was try to come back in my life I was already doing good on my own.

 



© 2011 Miss Urban Fiction


Author's Note

Miss Urban Fiction
I accept any comments good and bad

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Absoulutely stunning

Posted 12 Years Ago


this is captervating i love reading your work it s very ingrosing as a read it it made me want to read more and more
i look forward to reading the next installments of your book ^_^

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 9, 2011
Last Updated on May 9, 2011


Author

Miss Urban Fiction
Miss Urban Fiction

North Miami Beach, FL



About
I am 16 from Miami, Florida and i write urban fiction books because i am so inspiried by what Eric Jerome Dickey and CArl Weber writes. For me i want to be a writer that actually wants to get at least.. more..

Writing