Book One Chapter Seven: Awakening

Book One Chapter Seven: Awakening

A Chapter by Ryan Henderson
"

Nick awakes after being captured by Saja at Kao's Cuisine. Saja interrogates him, desiring to acquire information that she thinks Nick has. Does Nick have the information? If so, will he give it up?

"


Chapter Seven Awakening: When I woke up I was in a dark room chained by my hands and ankles, I was laying on top of a stone slab. I was still in my suit, my neck still hurt where Saja had bitten me last night at Kao's Cuisine. Where was Saja right now? Where was I? Confusion coated my thoughts, I was very disoriented. What did Saja want with me? I pulled at my bonds, but nothing happened, not that I expected anything to happen. Just then, Saja walked in. She had no sunglasses now, and I could see her true eye color: Bright crimson. Rage filled me.


 


"What do you want with me?! What did I ever do to you!?" I yelled at her.


 


“Oh you are finally awake, I suppose you want to know what happened to you first." Saja said.


 


"You're right, I do!" I yelled at her.


 


My confusion and rage did not fade.


"I sensed that you knew something about the Chosen One, and Tigiti the second that I saw you. I then asked you out on a date to lure you into my trap, and now we are here." Saja said.


"You're crazy!" I shouted.


"Where is Tigiti?" She asked me, ignoring my insult to her.


I was now more confused than ever.


"Who is Tigiti?" I asked.


Saja tisked at me.


"Do not lie, this is your last warning." She said, shaking her head.


I knew what would happen if I lied, (or if Saja thinks that I lied.) She would bite me. How do I answer the question honestly if I have no clue who Tigiti is or the Chosen One is?


She paced as she asked this next question:


"Who is the Chosen One? I know that you know, I can feel it." Saja said.


I frowned.


"Chosen one? What movie are we talking about?" I asked.


"Don't play games with me, boy. I've warned you, that was your last chance." She said.


Saja strode over to me. Fear filled me and my heart raced. This was it. She was going to bite me again, I knew it. I struggled against my bonds again.


“What are you doing? Stay back!” I yelled at her in fear.


Saja kept walking towards me.


“Please! Just explain to me what you are talking about! Who is Tigiti!? Who is the Chosen One!?” I shouted in fear.


“I warned you not to lie, but you went ahead and lied anyway.” Saja said.


“I’m not lying! I don’t know what you’re talking about!” I shouted insistently.


Saja stepped even closer to me. I could see her eyes focusing on my neck.


“No, please! Don’t!” I pleaded.


Saja leaned in close to me and she bit me on the neck. Twin needle points of pain appeared on my neck, representing her fangs. I gasped in surprise and horror. She avoided killing me somehow, much like the night at Kao's Cuisine. I instantly became weak, just like that night. Was that what a vampire bite did to you? The sound of Saja drinking my blood filled my ears. I could feel my strength being sucked out along with my blood, it was a horrible feeling. I could feel my blood trickling down my chest. I tried throwing Saja off of me using my fast fading strength, but I could not do it. Saja’s grip held firm. Even if I did throw her off of me, I would still be chained up so it would not make a difference. My breath was stolen from my lungs as Saja removed her fangs from my neck. I could not even move. I couldn’t think or move. Saja pulled away and she looked me in the eye. Her lips were stained with my blood. When she spoke to me, I could see her fangs, and they were coated with my blood.


“Next time, tell the truth.” She whispered.


I could not speak, I did not have the strength.


“Or don’t.” Saja added with a blood stained grin.


My vision began to fade and my consciousness faded.


 


***


 


The next day I woke up to see Saja standing in front of me, she had her hands clasped behind her back. Her crimson eyes bore down upon me.


"I will ask you again, where is Tigiti, and who is the Chosen One?" Saja asked, pacing from left to right in front of me.


My strength was just barely returning.


"I told you! I don’t know what you’re talking about! Please, just let me go!" I begged her, my dismay was rising.


This only got an arrogant chuckle from Saja. I was really starting to hate and fear Saja.


"You've got the wrong guy!" I yelled at her.


"I think not." She said, shaking her head.


“I swear, I don’t know anything about Tigiti or the Chosen One! Please just let me go!” I begged.


She leaned in close to me and spoke.


"I could kill you, I could kill you right now, but I need that information from you, and I will get it, one way, or another." She left me with that thought hanging in the air.


“I don’t have the information that you want!” I yelled at her, some of my strength was returning to me.


“Yes you do. There is something about you that I can sense is tied to Tigiti. I am positive.” Saja said.


“Who is Tigiti!?” I yelled at Saja.


“Playing dumb, are we? This is getting bothersome. I will return shortly and we will see if your attitude has changed. Do you want me to bite you again to ensure that you behave, or can you manage that on your own?” Saja asked.


“I can manage on my own!” I said quickly.


I did not know what she meant by ‘behave’ but I do know that I didn’t want to be bitten again.


“Very well then.” Saja said.


She left the room.


***


 


Saja entered my area of imprisonment a few hours (as best I could tell, it was hard to tell time when you had no watch or cell phone.) And stood in front of me with her arms clasped behind her back again. This time instead of pestering me about the 'Chosen One' or 'Tigiti' she said something else.


"Nick, I will ask you this once, and once only."


This had peeked my interest.


"I am leading an assault on the vampire royal family, I know that you know nothing of my history with the vampire council or the vampire royal family, and I don't know when, but soon I will have an army of vampires. You have the choice to join me, die trying to stop me, or die somewhere along the way. The choice is yours." Saja said.


Woah, that was sudden. I really, really didn't like Saja. Why would I join her in a quest to overthrow some royal family in a world that I don't even belong to? Why should I join her on anything? She had tortured me with her bites, she insisted that I knew something that I obviously didn’t and she constantly pesters me for information that I didn’t have. Why should I even consider joining her? The answer was a no brainer.


"I'll never join you." I said with finality.


“You will regret that decision.” Saja said.


“I highly, highly doubt that.” I said, risking getting another bite.


Thankfully, I didn’t.


"Hm, very well. Let the games begin." She said, then exited.


‘Let the games begin’? What did she mean by that? I had no Idea. After all that had happened since I woke up in Saja’s prison, I couldn’t help but think that there was something going on that I didn’t know about. Whatever it was, it concerned Saja, as well as Tigiti and the Chosen One, whoever they were. I decided to get some sleep. Chances are that I would need it. Although I may have some nightmares. I am not a wimpy guy or anything, but Saja scares the daylights out of me.                                                                


***




© 2015 Ryan Henderson


Author's Note

Ryan Henderson
Please tell me what you think :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Twist after twist, you're really getting me in to a rollescoaster with the emotion of this book!
Another great chapter!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ryan Henderson

9 Years Ago

Thanks a lot for the review!
I like it, but may I ask what is to guard look into his eyes. I did not know that vampires are real I have never met one, I want to meet some of them, but I have to just see what I can here, this story is extensive enough that it deserves a more thorough review, well, I feel like I should take more time thinking about it, but I haven't read much vampire stuff so I like the bare bones aspect, however, there is so much to read, I need to read up on my magic understanding, I found a book called "Magic Charms from A to Z" but it seems kind of random, I'm probably not going to spend too much time with it, I'm trying to psyche myself out

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ryan Henderson

9 Years Ago

lol ok, cool. As for the guard checking the eyes of people who go into Berlingia, he is checking the.. read more
NO! SERENA IS DEAD! WHY RYAN! WHY!? SERENA WAS ONE OF MY FAVOURITES! Anyway, I am totally hooked, and once again, I love the flow to this story, the lovable characters, the amazing dialogue, the believable fight scenes, the AMAZING detail! Keep this up, and you'll have more fans like me!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

699 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on October 13, 2014
Last Updated on February 6, 2015
Tags: Vampire, Vampires, Fantasy, Fiction, Original

Book One: A Hero's Journey


Author

Ryan Henderson
Ryan Henderson

Cobourg, Ontario, Canada



About
I will review your work if you send me a read request, I like to help writers get off of the ground, I will also suggest ideas for your work if needed. Please note that I don't really like poetry... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dancing Willow Dancing Willow

A Poem by ANTO