Aidan-Chapter 21

Aidan-Chapter 21

A Chapter by Angie Diane♥♥
"

This chapter is dedicated to one of my best friends Margaret Morales.

"

Chapter 21

                Aidan had a friend that had been taking forensic classes in high school. Aidan knew that there were different types of forgery. And Aidan knew that the letter was written by someone else. Aidan decided he was going to look up a specialist in the area. He knew that signatures could be forged. Aidan knew that his mother could have been forced to write the letter or someone could have written it and copied her handwriting.

                Aidan looked through the phone book to try to find a specialist for forgery and handwriting in forensics. Aidan looked through the yellow pages to find the perfect person to help, but he could only find one person that was capable to do that. That person was Margot Morales.

                Aidan picked up the phone and dialed her number. It rang a couple of times before I got an answer on the phone. Aidan heard a pretty voice answer on the other line.

                “Is this Margo Morales’ office? I need to speak to her as soon as possible. I have a request for her to look at a letter to see if it is forged?”

                “This is Margo Morales; can you bring the letter by today? I would love to help you figure out if this letter is forged or not. What time can you get here?” The lady asked on the phone.

                “I can be there in about five to ten minutes.” Aidan responded in a hurry. He was frustrated by the letter that he had in his hand. He really doubted that this was his mother’s handwriting and that someone had written this letter instead of her. Aidan thought of many different possibilities. His mother could have had a gun held to her head making her write it. Or someone had looked at her handwriting and copied. Aidan knew that his mother had only used a certain type of pen. Aidan was going to ask about paper chromatography because if it was written in a different pen then the ones that his mother used Aidan would know that someone else had to have written the letter.   

                Aidan put his shoes on and ran out the house. He needed to borrow someone’s car and fast. Aidan remembered he had his cell phone. Aidan pulled his cell phone out of his pocket and dialed Randy’s number.

                “Hey Randy, where are you right now?”

                “I’m at Chloe’s house, why?”

                “I need to borrow your car or Chloe’s car. I need to drive somewhere that’s about five minutes away. It’s really important that I go.”

                “You can borrow my car if you want to.” Randy said in a worried tone

                “Thanks man. I will be at Chloe’s house in a minute.” Aidan hung up the phone and ran down the block to Chloe’s house. As Aidan said he would be there in a minute and he was there in less than sixty seconds. Chloe and Randy were waiting outside of his house. Randy had a smirk on his face and Chloe had a smile. She waved at Aidan as he came up her driveway. Aidan forced a smile back at Chloe and waved a little bit. Aidan’s eyes were red for he had been crying before he came out to Chloe’s house. The suicide note really did get to Aidan because he didn’t really know if the note was forged or not. Aidan didn’t want to think that it was his mother writing this type of stuff.

                Chloe noticed that Aidan’s eyes were red and she had a worried look on her face. Chloe knew that Aidan would smile at someone if they smiled at him, but the smile he sported at the moment looked like it was forced. Chloe knew when someone was faking a smile or forcing one. Chloe looked into Aidan’s eyes and saw that the smile did not reach his eyes. The smile dropped from her face and Aidan noticed that.

                Aidan could tell that they were both worried, but he needed to get to the place. Aidan needed to meet with Margo Morales to see if the handwriting was forged or not. Aidan was really impatient when he needed to get something done. That would be the only time anyone saw Aidan out of character. Aidan was getting a little more frustrated and the fake smile dropped from his face.

                “Hey, I really appreciate you for letting me borrow your car. I will call you later with the details because I don’t feel like explaining it right now. It’s really urgent that I get to this place before it closes. I have to go.” Aidan grabbed Randy’s keys and hopped in the car. He drove off down the road faster than he normally would have driven.

                Aidan got to the place in record time and he ran inside. Margo was waiting inside with a huge smile on her face. Aidan smiled back, but still the smile didn’t reach his eyes. Margo didn’t really look surprised because she had many clients that came in looking like this. Margo didn’t frown and had him come into her office.

                “What can I do for you, young man?” She asked as she sat down in her chair. Aidan noticed right away that Margo had dark brown eyes. Her hair was down to her butt and she had a pretty face. Aidan thought about what to say. Aidan had brought a piece of another one of his mother’s short stories and the letter. Aidan knew that the pens that his mother wrote with were all Bic. His mother didn’t really like any other manufacturer for black pens.       

                “I really want to know if this suicide note is forged or not because I know that my mom used a certain type of pen when she wrote. I need to know if the handwriting is blind or copied. It would make me feel better to know the truth.” Aidan said truthfully. Margo looked at him and she smiled. She knew that paper chromatography took a couple of hours to look at.

                “Alright, I will have the answers ready for you in a little while. Come back at like six and I will have the answers for you.” Margo said because she knew how long this would take her. Aidan handed her over the suicide note and the sample story. Aidan left after he handed the papers over and walked out the door. Aidan didn’t want to get in the way of her work.

                While Aidan was waiting for Margo Morales to call him back he paced around the room. He was worried that the note was real, but he wasn’t sure. At six o’clock Aidan jumped when he heard the phone ring. He checked the caller ID and it was Margo Morales. She called right on time and Aidan picked up the phone in two seconds.

                “Hello,” Aidan said into the phone.

                “Hello Aidan, I have some news to tell you.”

                “Yes, ma’am.”

                “Well this suicide note was a fake and it was forged. Your mother’s signature was forged as well. I would say that it a traced signature. I know that this note was a fake one because it wasn’t the pen your mother used. I found out that the pen that was used was from PaperMate.”

                “So this letter was faked?”

                “Yes, it was dear. I am very sorry to tell you this.”

                “Okay, thank you, ma’am.” Aidan said and hung up the phone…Aidan had a lot of questions for his dad. Aidan had a feeling that his dad knew what was going on around here.



© 2011 Angie Diane♥♥


Author's Note

Angie Diane♥♥
Took out repeated lines.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

oaky first off i think he needs to get a car, secondly i'm happy that it was fake, but now i'm starting to wonder if his dad is like ugh lets just say, he's dad is no longer on my favorites list!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow... I'm starting to not like his father at all

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow!! As I thought, his father is dodgy character.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Why would his father forge a diary entry? *gasp!* To get police off his trail and make them think itt was suicide! BTW, you repeated that aidan thought his mom was forced or soemone forged the letter.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh shoot. Go get 'em Aidan!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

345 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 4, 2011
Last Updated on July 23, 2011


Author

Angie Diane♥♥
Angie Diane♥♥

Not like you need to know..., NJ



About
Name: Angie Diane Age: 22 Birthday: You can guess. -.- I don't feel like telling anyone... Add me on facebook if you want... https://www.facebook.com/BlackedHearted Also just let me know that.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..