Aidan-Chapter 26

Aidan-Chapter 26

A Chapter by Angie Diane♥♥

Chapter 26

                Aidan had gone home after he found out that his father had not been the one to write the suicide note for his mother. He sat down on the couch to contemplate what he was going to do next. Aidan didn’t know what to do. He went upstairs because he had chores to do. Aidan was doing laundry again and he sat on his father’s bed. When he sat on the bed he felt something hard underneath him. It was hard and bumpy.

                Aidan moved the blanket to find his father’s journal which was opened. Aidan knew his father had a journal. He had seen it a couple of times when he was a child. His father had told him to never open his journal because those were some of his private thoughts. This time Aidan couldn’t help, but to disobey his father. He wanted to prove that his father was involved in the murder of his mother. Aidan could feel it in his heart that his father was involved with it. Aidan didn’t want to believe it, but he couldn’t take the lies anymore.

                Aidan started with the journal entry that was dated a week before his mother’s murder. His mother was tragically lost on the eighteenth of May. That was a couple of days before his mother’s birthday. Aidan read the journal entry of May 11th.

May 11, 1996

                It’s been hard dealing with my wife lately. I really do love her, but she is driving me crazy. The whole town thinks my lovely Ashley is having an affair with another man, but why would she do that to me? Why would she do that to her child? I haven’t seen her sneaking off or anything. I know that while I’m at work she is busy with the house. She always wants it neat and clean before she has people over. Normally during the week her sister is the only one that really comes to the house. Still she would like for the house to be clean and neat.

                What if she is having someone else come over while I’m at work? I doubt my wife would actually do that to me. She loves me with all her heart. Lately she has been very hard at work with Aidan. Aidan is the biggest part of her life besides me. I love Aidan so much. He brings us laughter and joy. I doubt Ashley would want to hurt me or her child. She wouldn’t cheat on me and I promise I would never cheat on her. But what if she is actually tired of me? That would break my heart.  It would cut my into pieces as well.

                She is the love of my life and I truly can’t take it if my love was cheating on me with another man. I don’t know if she is. I can’t think such things. I could just simply ask her if she still loves me. I mean she hopefully still does. We have a beautiful child together. Ashley and I were going to plan to have another child soon. I don’t want to lose her to some pansy. What would that look like for me? What if she wants to date some pansy? I would never know.

From,

John

                Aidan thought about his mother and knew that she would never cheat on her husband no matter what. Aidan knew that Ashley truly did love John. John should have never questioned that in Aidan’s opinion. Aidan read the next entry.

May 12, 1996

                I found out more things about my wife. She is having an affair. I don’t know who the mystery guy is, but some woman was complaining that she found lipstick on his collar. Ashley did tell me straight out that she wasn’t happy. I want her to die because I hated her. I didn’t know where that came from. It just made its way into my head.

                Apparently the guy she was cheating on me with was in an unhappy marriage. He wanted to break free from his wife. He came up with the idea to sleep with someone else’s wife. He thought that because he didn’t think of filing for divorce. That man was such a dumb person. He should have thought about filing for divorce instead of sleeping with someone else’s wife.

                Who wouldn’t think of getting a divorce if you are unhappy in your marriage? I also found out that Ashley was planning on divorcing me and taking our child away from me. I would have visitation rights with him, but only on weekends. I didn’t want that. I didn’t want that at all. I want to make it work in our marriage. I don’t care how much she wants to get divorced she has made me the happiest man in the world. I can’t lose her. If I do then it will kill me. I hope she would feel the same way about me as I feel about her, but you could never know with a woman. I believe so many games are played within relationships. It is two sided because I know men can be just as difficult as women.

                I think our marriage is a golden marriage. We are both happy and have a loving child. We don’t fight as much as others do. Aidan doesn’t have to see things like that. I don’t know what to do anymore. What should I do?

From,

John

Aidan was surprised about his mother having an affair. He never imagined Ashley would do that to John. No one would ever imagine that because they seemed like they were destined to be together. Aidan saw it that way. John was happy with Ashley and Aidan saw it every day of his life. Aidan read on to see what happened next.

May 15, 1996

                I can’t stand my wife at the moment. I am so angry with her because she is cheating on me with more than one man. Another woman got involved and she is just as angry as I am. I can’t tell you the name of the other woman because that would make it look bad. I know who the man is and I can’t believe he betrayed me like that. He knew that I trusted him. Heck, his wife trusted him too.

                The man wants to stop cheating on his wife and he wants to make a plan. I might as well join in the plan. Ashley might end up in the grave with this one. The whole situation is extremely complicated for both sides of the party. I, myself, don’t want to hurt my wife, but if I have to I will. I don’t know what the plan is going to be just yet. I don’t want to become a sadistic murderer. It might or might not turn out that way.

                Hopefully the plan is simple and we just scare her from cheating on me again. Then we won’t have to kill her. Then my child will not have a mother if we decide to kill her. I don’t really care whether she is alive or dead at the moment. I think I’m only saying that because I am speaking in anger. I know I still truly do love my wife. Losing her would destroy me, but that might have to be done. I just can’t take the cheating and the pain it’s causing me.

                Aidan was surprised at what he just read. Ashley was having an affair with someone else besides the first man. Aidan couldn’t imagine that. He didn’t think his mother would sneak out. Aidan just turned to the next page because he didn’t want to contemplate such things.

May 17, 1996

                It’s coming close to the day that my wife’s going to be killed. I don’t feel anymore remorse for this at the moment. I don’t know if I will later. I know I have been distant from Ashley lately. Ashley seems to be worried about me. She knows I know her secret. Ashley could tell because of everything. We have gotten in a big fight. I was glad Aidan was not home to witness it.

                Aidan was in school at least because I didn’t want him to see us fighting the day before his mother’s death. We are going to try to make it look like suicide the best we can, but I doubt we will be able to, but I don’t know. I hope Aidan doesn’t wake up to find his mother dead. He is six and he can understand what death is, but he can’t comprehend what murder is. I don’t want him to see his mother dead.

                I’m starting to bet that later in life there will be a lot of regret with my decision. I think I’m only doing this in anger. I don’t know what to do with my life anymore. I just need to be a father to my child. Support him and make him happy. That will now be my goal in life. My goal is to keep my child happy and in control. I love Aidan with all my heart.

From,

John

                Aidan couldn’t comprehend why killing his mother would make life happy for his father. John made a mistake because now he is living in misery. Aidan couldn’t believe what he was reading within the pages of the journal. Aidan couldn’t handle it. He didn’t want to read on, but he did. He just had to know if his father was involved in this complicated situation.

May 18, 1996

                My wife is dead and my child is sleeping. I still really hope that he doesn’t find out what happened to his mother. I know I will be guilty having to fake emotions. I know Aidan would cry to find his mother dead. The day was running smoothly. I did get into a fight with Ashley, but since today was the night of the plan. I just kept my cool and tried not to talk to Ashley for most of the day. I yelled at Ashley before she was killed.

                I don’t know if I’m feeling guilt. I don’t really know if I am in shock. I only put on a show for my kid. I didn’t want him to suspect anything was wrong with his father. If he ever finds out that I was part of this murder scheme it would kill him. I’m glad that the girl planted the fake suicide note. I did help stab my wife. I’m not going to lie. It was kind of fun, but I don’t want to sound crazy. I probably already do. I probably sound like a crazed fan killing their favorite singer or something. It’s sadistic I know.

                I hope in the future I don’t feel terrible about this, but I’m guessing I will. I don’t know. We will see what the future brings.

From,

John

                Aidan felt sick to his stomach. He couldn’t believe that his father was lying to him for the past ten years. Aidan couldn’t believe that his father helped stab his mother, but now many questions were running through his mind. Who was the other man that came in to stab his mother? Aidan didn’t know if he was going to get that answer.

                He heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Aidan figured that it was his father coming home from work. Aidan didn’t notice the time. John walked into the room and stared at Aidan. Aidan looked up to see his father staring at him.

                “So you found out my secret?” John said in a voice that was calmed.  In his eyes there was anger and pain.



© 2011 Angie Diane♥♥


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

...it was fun for him to stab his wife...that's messed up JOHN CANNOT KILL ADIAN IF THAT B*****D LAYS A FINGER ON AIDEN I SWEAR ILL HAVE FUN STABBING HIM!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNEW IT WAS HIM I KNEW IT WAS HIM I KNEW IT UGHHH I HATE HIM!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


So, John is going to hurt him or something.... John's so stupid to write about murdering his wife in his journal. I wonder what would happen if the police see it...

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow wow wow!!! what an amazing chapter, so tense, I can feel poor Aidan reading the journal!! And affairs, complicit murder, and his father has caught him. OMG what will happen next?

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

427 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 5, 2011
Last Updated on July 24, 2011


Author

Angie Diane♥♥
Angie Diane♥♥

Not like you need to know..., NJ



About
Name: Angie Diane Age: 22 Birthday: You can guess. -.- I don't feel like telling anyone... Add me on facebook if you want... https://www.facebook.com/BlackedHearted Also just let me know that.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..