Aidan-Chapter 5

Aidan-Chapter 5

A Chapter by Angie Diane♥♥

Chapter 5

                It was eleven o’clock by the time Aidan’s father walked in the door. John was having a good day up until the time that Aidan told him that he had a dream about his mother. John saw Aidan had fallen asleep in front of the television and laughed quietly. Aidan hasn’t fallen asleep in front of the television in a very long time. The last time he did that was when he was ten years old. Aidan’s father walked over to him and shook his shoulder. Aidan opened his eyes and smiled up at his father.

                “Hey Dad, when did you get home?” He asked with the smile still plastered on his face.

                “I just walked in the door and I found you sleeping in front of the television,” he said. John went over to the table and picked up the mail. John saw that it was all bills, but John found a letter in there for Aidan. It was unopened and he guessed that Aidan didn’t know that he had gotten a letter that day. Aidan had gotten a letter once a week.

                “Hey Aidan, I got a letter for you,” John said.

                “Really?”  Aidan asked and John handed him the letter. The letter said his name in neat cursive hand writing. He wasn't shocked that he had gotten a letter. Aidan hasn’t gotten a letter since last week. Aidan has been writing to a pen pal that lives two states from where he lives.

                “It’s from Chris. I haven't heard from him since last week,” Aidan said happily. He only received letters from him once a week because Chris was really busy during the week. If Chris wasn't so busy Aidan would write more.  Chris used to live in the same neighborhood as him when they were younger. Chris started writing to him years ago when he moved.

                “Alright, I’ll let you read it on your own, but I need to talk to you afterwards. I want to talk to you about the dream you had,” John responded and Aidan noticed there was a look on his face. Aidan couldn't exactly put his finger on what look it was because his expression was unreadable. Aidan was worried about John because he never saw his father that way.

                “Are you okay, Dad,” Aidan asked worriedly.

                “Yes, son,” John responded and smiled. John left the room so Aidan could read the letter he received. He was happy when he heard from his friend.

                Then Aidan opened the letter and started reading it. The letter said:

Dear Aidan,

                I have so much to tell you about my life now. I know I haven't written a lot lately. I have had a lot of stress lately. I hate having so much stress.  By the way I have a new little brother and he is so dang annoying! I hate when he starts crying. It makes me feel bad because I never know what he wants. My mom does and stops him from crying. I am glad that she is in control of the situation.So how have you been since the last time we actually talked? I know it must be hard on you being so close to the date of your mother’s death and all.

                Don’t worry I still remember and I was never going to forget that. Well how are Randy and Chloe doing ? How is your Dad doing? Has he been busy with his job? I bet he has been. My dad has been on the road a lot so I haven’t been able to visit him lately. He won't let me come by until he is ready. Did I tell you that my mother and father split up? They made it official. I know they were separated, but I didn’t think that they would actually go through with the divorce. The divorce is stressing my mother out and I'm guessing that's why I am stressing out.

                I am not that sad about it, but I know I will be later. I know why they are getting a divorce. Dad has been seeing another woman behind my mother's back.  My mom has been up crying about it. I hear her crying from my room. I can’t stand to hear her cry because it makes me feel bad. When my dad lived here he would comfort my mother. I don't know what to do to comfort my mother. What do you think I should do? Should I talk to her about the situation or should I just let her deal with it on her own?  She has been going through a lot lately, but I know I need to be there for her as much as I can. She needs help, but I don't know what to do.

                Losing Dad is going to be very hard on me. I think he is moving away in a couple of months. I think my parents are going to go to court for visitation rights. I think Dad is going to get to see us on the weekends. I think he is only going to be a half hour away or so, but I will still miss him. He is my father after all. I don’t want to be selfish or anything. My mother had her second child by him too. My little brother is only a few weeks old too . My brother really won’t get to know my father like I have. He isn't old enough to know him at the moment. 

                Well I think I should wrap up this letter. I hope you are having a better time than I am. Write back to me soon. Oh I am going to come visit pretty soon. I can't wait to see you buddy. It might be in a month or so. I will let you know in our next letter.

From your buddy,

Chris

                Aidan frowned at the letter. He knew that Chris’ parents were having problems. Aidan didn’t know that they were actually going to split up. He put a smile on his face when he found out that Chris was going to be visiting soon. He hadn't seen him in a long time. Well two years to be exact, but oh well. It was a month from then, but he was still excited. Aidan put the letter on the table. He had forgotten that the date of his mother’s death was coming up really soon. Aidan didn’t want to think about it really, but he guessed that was why he had that weird dream anyway.

                “Son, are you finished reading the letter?” John's question breaking his thoughts.

                “Yes, I will write to him tomorrow. Or whenever we are done with our talk,” Aidan said with a tiny smile. He couldn't wait to write Chris the letter. He wanted to give him advice on what to do.

                “Well I need to talk to you. Can you tell me what the new dream was about? I really think I need to know,” his father responded.

                “Well in the new dream I heard Mom’s voice saying h-help me and then I heard her scream. I saw some guy dressed all in black standing over mom. Then I went to your bedroom and I saw that you were not in your bedroom at that time. When I went back I saw younger self wake up and I saw Mom and screamed. Tears were running down my face. I was invisible in the dream. When I went to check on your bedroom again you were sleeping. You stirred when you heard me scream. When you saw Mom was dead you had an unreadable expression on your face. After that you started to get all upset. Then I dreamed that you had a conversation with Aunt Mary. You lied to her telling her that you needed to pick me up from school when you didn’t need to. You were crying. That’s basically all that happened in this dream. The dream sequence scared me. Did this really happen, dad?” Aidan responded. His dad did not respond and stayed extremely quiet. John didn’t really have anything to say. John knew that the part with Aidan’s aunt was true. He did have a short conversation with Mary. Aidan looked at his father’s face. Aidan could tell that something was wrong. The expression on his father’s face showed that he was in deep thought. Aidan didn’t want to disturb his father. He never did when he was a child. Aidan always had the utmost respect for his father. That was the good thing about Aidan. He was always good about that. He never wanted to give his father a hard time as a child. That really showed that Aidan had respect for his father or anyone in general. Aidan was like that with everyone. That was a really good quality in Aidan. His father loved that quality too. His father was still very quiet so Aidan stayed quiet as well. Aidan didn't want to break him out of the thoughts.

 

 



© 2012 Angie Diane♥♥


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good so far... It turned a new twist to it. Reading on.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Soooo interesting, prime suspect the dad?

Posted 12 Years Ago


cant wait to read next chapter >:D

Posted 12 Years Ago


I am really not liking his dad, WTF is his problem anyways, I hope aiden dont suffer more pain

Posted 13 Years Ago


Amazing. :) Your really talented

Posted 13 Years Ago


this excellent! great work! cant wait to read more!!!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


His father is acting even stranger now. Things aren't looking up for Aidan.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Okay, so here's my review of the whole story so far.
I really like the concept, I think it's interesting and definitely has room for a reader's interpretation because so far the story has some mysterious aspects to it. The characters are very easy to relate to and are intriguing to read about. I especially like Aidan (obviously) and Chris for some reason, I do hope that he makes an appearance in a future chapter. At this point I think you've done an excellent job with this book and I look forward to reading more soon!

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dev
Aidan's dad did it?? Well I would say his mother's brother in law did.. but haha.. hunch... !! Lets see.. !!

Posted 13 Years Ago


You need to work on you sentence structure in the letter. Anyway, I know for sure that Aident;s father did it! maybe he did it to get with her sister. Nah, that twisted. just an assumption though...

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

819 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 21, 2010
Last Updated on September 10, 2012


Author

Angie Diane♥♥
Angie Diane♥♥

Not like you need to know..., NJ



About
Name: Angie Diane Age: 22 Birthday: You can guess. -.- I don't feel like telling anyone... Add me on facebook if you want... https://www.facebook.com/BlackedHearted Also just let me know that.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..